PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to the spa at GF?

castlegirl
12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
My DD7, MIL and I will be going in May for a "girls only" weekend for Mother's Day.

We thought we might try out the spa at GF since we are staying at the Poly. We thought it might be fun on either our first or last day.

We thought manicures might be fun:cloud9:

Any comments about the spa services at GF?

Thanks! Merry Christmas everyone!

Here we go again...
12-25-2007, 09:34 AM
The spa at the Grand Floridian is very nice. My DD and I had facials and massages. It is very relaxing and I would spend the whole day there if I could.
Saratoga Springs also has a spa. You might want to check that one out too. I think the prices are a little lower, and I actually liked the massage a little more there.

Beast_fanatic
12-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd also suggest checking out the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin (http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html) as they are an INTERCOT sponsor and using them helps support INTERCOT.

mouseketeer mom
12-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I did not go to the spa, but I did treat myself to a blowout at the Ivy Trellis salon last month. I wasn't sure how it would go. I have really thick wavy hair that I like to wear smooth, but it takes me forever to pull that off. The woman there gave me a perfect blowout, smooth and sleek in under a half hour! I was completely impressed, and loved her. Wish she was in NJ!

TammiMcMan
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
The GF spa is very nice, but you may want to confirm that you can all be in the same room together. I think the Mandara spa is bigger and it definitely looks a lot more elegant. I'm really hoping to give them a try very soon.

ginger19
12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I had a pedicure and I really enjoyed it. The women next me were having manicures and they were very relaxed and seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I wished I had known that you could go a little early and use their sauna or hot tub which would have been nice. They also have very nice shower facilities there with all of the items you would need. They even had water, tea, coffee, and fruit in the women's lounge in case you needed a snack.
The staff was organized, very professional and even had my discount in the system for me.

the only complaint that I had was that all of the other women were given very nice robes to dress in while I was still in my shorts. I felt a little out of place and wanted a robe to relax in.
We just booked Mandara for the couple's massage in January and I'm looking forward to trying the different spa.

SurferStitch
12-28-2007, 11:14 PM
DH and I love the GF spa. We were just there a couple weeks ago, and I miss it dearly!

I had the Grand Floridian Deluxe Facial, and it was amazing. It consists of a facial, hand and foot massage. I left there so totally relaxed after the 80 minute treatment. DH got the 80 minute Swedish massage with aromatherapy, and raved about it. He always gets that one, and I always get a facial.

I had a pedicure once, and it was fantastic. I remember there being 3 or 4 chairs in the room. I never did the manicure since I always get my nails done before our trips. I also had my toes done this time (usually do them myself), so no pedicure was needed either.

Can't wait to go back in May!!

Figaro0826
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Hubby and I have been to GF Spa twice.:cloud9:

First time we did the couple's message, and second time a Swedish message seperately.

They it's best to arrive early, it is a bit of walk from the Grand Floridian, we were 15 minutes late and our treatment was shorted by that time, so we arrived quite stressed, second time we got there early. Very relaxed atmosphere, my husband really enjoyed it too, after all the extra hours put
We always finish the afternoon with tea at Grand Floridian.

Cinderelley
01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
I haven't had a manicure done there, but my sister, her daughters and my DD had pedicures done. They thoroughly enjoyed it.

It you're thinking about a massage though, I would recommend SSR or Mandara over GF. I always have better massages at SSR than GF.