PDA

View Full Version : Disney Divas Xmas '07 Trip - Day 3

chechas
12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
When: December 21-26, 2007
Where: Polynesian Garden View
Who:
Me (30+) - shhhh don't tell cuz I still claim 26 hehehe
DD (12...oh excuse me I was just reminded that she is actually 12 and a half now)
Weather: warm in the low to mid 70s.

We slept in, well DD slept in and I got her up around 9:30 and we got dressed and walked over to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. We had to make our usual stop in Club Cool to try the drinks and see who got tricked into trying Beverly - LOL! That always cracks me up. But one thing did get on my nerves...there was a family of 3 who were blocking one of the soda fountains as they pulled out thier resort refillable mugs and proceeded to use the little provided cups to get soda and fill thier mugs!!! That just bugged me for some reason. Club Cool is not meant as a free soda and refill station! Anyways. We did get to see a couple of unsuspecting folks try Beverly and make the usual faces and one lady popped her husband int he arm as he laughed uncontrollably at her reaction! LOL

From there we caught the boat over to Morocca where we grabbed a quick lunch at Tangierine Cafe. We split a Chicken Shawarma Platter as DD had never had food there before. She really liked the chicken alot and the couscous and hummus but did not care for the Tabouleh. I liked it all and there was plenty. :blush: Not a bad deal for $12

We left there and went to the funnel cake stand outside america to get fried ice cream but they were out so instead we got funnel cake with powdered sugar - YUM! We grabbed a spot outside Japan to enjoy the sunshine and munch.

We continued on and outside Italy caught the end of Romeo and Juliet by the UK strolling players who had recruited a Romeo and Juliet and a "mime" from the audience. It was pretty funny! And at the end Juliet ended up eloping with the mime who finally spoke to say "The End". It was very cute and we were all drafte to be townspeople and yell and chant and clap when signalled. Some of us were Montagues and other Capelets and some just innocent bystanders. LOL!

From there we made the loop to China just in time to catch the story of the Monkey King. DD has always been leary of him for some reason - LOL! But this year she was cool. No idea why he freaked her out every year before but he did.

We pulled out the video cam and DD did an impromptu news report live from Epcot chronicaling everything we had done that day - LOL It was hilarious as I had to keep prompting her on the parts she forgot and she kept getting sidetracked with other sights and sounds and she kept cracking up then trying to get really serious in her reporting style.

Then becuase we had not had enough sugar for the day - we decided to finally try a School Bread from Norway. Very good! But we could only eat about half of it and brought the rest back to our room for later. We took some more crazy pics on out way to the monorail and headed back to resort for a break.

Around 6:30/7 we headed to MK to see the lights etc. A quick stop at Caseys for a couple of hot dogs and we were off to Jungle Cruise which had about 5 minute wait. We seemed to time everyhting right as when we got off the line was backed up to Swiss Family tree house! Same with POTC - we almost walked on but once we got off the line was crazy. This beahvior repeated for almost all of the rides we went on! We caught part of SpectroMagic parade which is always great. The new Haunted Mansion was cool also.

We got a spot right outside Cosmic Rays to watch Wishes and Tinkerbell flew right over our heads! It was a great time. I dusted DD on Buzz Lightyear - though she swears I cheated - LOL! We went and sat just off Main Street to watch the "snow" fall and enjoy the lights and music. Then headed out around 10:30 to catch the monorail but security was directing people to the resort monorail who were trying to get tot he TTC. WHile I know it also stops at the TTC as well as the resorts, it made that line back up past the boat launches!!

We were going to go catch the express monorail and just walk back to our building but decided to sit on a bench and playback video I had taken that day. We laughed so hard that people must have thought we were losing it! One of the guards even came over and was like "well you ladies sure are having a good time!" We showed him a clip of little boy holding on to tigger and yelling BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE at the top of his lungs and tigger doing his darnest to keep up with the bounces while the boys mother tried to pry him off! It was priceless! LOL Even the guard chuckled at that.

We finally caught a boat back to Poly and stopped at Captain Cooks for hot cocoa - :ack: - it was not bad last year but this year it was like slightly chocolate flavored hot water. GROSS!

We went on to bed proud that we had stayed out after dark for once on this trip - LOL!

Tomorrow: Xmas EVE, Resort hopping, Luau, MGM

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
12-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Great day! Happy holidays!:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
What a great day! I love when the lines get timed so nicely. The video clips sound hilarious!

ChipnDaleGal
12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Seems that you two were feeling much better today and had a lot more fun! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

ElenitaB
12-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Fun day! Sounds like you two know how to have a good time together. :thumbsup:

How uncool of that family at Club Cool. :(

dolphinmickey9170
12-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Sounds like a fabulous day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Disneyexpert15
12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the report!!!

faline
01-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Good timing on the Magic Kingdom rides! Great fun and good food seems to be the theme of the day!