PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Tags for DME

Hull-onian
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
We never received our luggage tags for DME. How can we ensure that we are going to receive them for this trip? Last trip we made our own and it worked out okay. Do we have to phone someone? Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas to all!!!!

wendy*darling
12-24-2007, 02:25 PM
When are you leaving?
You may not receive them until a week before, although most of the time it is more like 2-3 weeks.

Call DME and check.

In the event you do not have them on your travel day, hang on to your airline luggage tickets (the ones you get when you check your bags). When you go to check in for DME in Orlando, you will need to give them the checked luggage slips, along with a description of each of the pieces you checked. The will find them for you.

This actually works! I know- I found out how good they are when I ran our Boy Scout trip this past June and though they swore they mailed our luggage tags for 25 people, they never arrived.
I was a wreck hoping that all 25 bags would make it to Fort Wilderness that night. :(
And they did- every last one of them arrived at our campsite during the time we all had dinner at Trail's End. :thumbsup:

The staff at the airport for DME does a great job.
So don't worry if you don't get your tags- just be able to describe all of your luggage to them.

disneymom15
12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
We were told that if our tags didn't arrive, all we needed to do was give the luggage claim receipts to the DME cast members.

comicguy
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
We did not receive our luggage tags before our Aug. trip. I simply called and they sent them priority mail to me and they arrived in time.

The reason I did not get them is they sent them to our old address from 3 years ago. We have been to Disney 4 times since!!! For some reason their computer system keeps defaulting to the old address:confused: eventhough the CM's we talk to, to make Resevations, payments, or ADR's make the change each time.

Magic Smiles
12-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I have to chuckle to myself everytime I read that some one has not received their luggage tags. We received 4 sets of tags for this past trip 5 - 21 Dec 07.

dmosher
12-25-2007, 02:52 AM
I have received both multiple tags for myself as well as not receiving any depending on the trip. I always call if they have not come within 2 weeks. if you are in the US and have not received them by then, WDW will send them to you quickly! DO not worry, it will be magical no matter what!

:pipes:
D

RaRaRoundTheWorld
12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
We're leaving next week for WDW. We're doing a split stay, and received our tags for our second resort, but not for our trip from home to our first resort. I called DME, and they told me they can't help me, and to contact my travel agent.

Today, I just recieved the following instructions from them in the mail:

If you do not receive your DME documents prior to your departure, this is what you need to do upon arrival at Orlando IA:

- Please proceed from your gate via the tram shuttle to the main airport terminal building.
- Once you exit the tram, please proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center located on the A side of the airport on Level 1 (Ground Transportation Level).
- If you arrive on the A side, take the escalator or elevator down to Level 1.
- If you arrive on the B side, proceed to the A side before going down to Level 1.
- There will be Disney representatives located in the baggage claim areas if you need assistance with directions to the Disney Welcome Center.
- At the Disney Welcome Center, please present your airline baggage claim checks to the Disney representative to confirm the number of bags* checked with the airline. The Disney representative will issue your transportation vouchers for transportation.

*Pet carriers not included. DME cannot transport pets except for service animals.

Hull-onian
12-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I think that with all of Disney's experience in the travel industry, they will not loose our swimsuits. LOL. We are looking forward to our trip and getting out of this cold weather.:thanks:

prshell
12-27-2007, 05:15 PM
The reason I did not get them is they sent them to our old address from 3 years ago. We have been to Disney 4 times since!!! For some reason their computer system keeps defaulting to the old address eventhough the CM's we talk to, to make Resevations, payments, or ADR's make the change each time.

I've had the same :confused: We are going Feb. 2-8 and I called again last week to make sure they finally got the new address right before mailing mine out. They said they did, so I'll keep watching the mail :look: