PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant at Animal Kingdom is your favorite?

simpleyred
12-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone :mickey:. Even though I have been to WDW 3 times since '95, my next trip Jan.30-Feb.6 '08 will be the first time I get the chance to visit AK. Just wondering which restaurant is your favorite?
Thanks , Debbie

Mickey 101
12-24-2007, 02:09 AM
The restaurant situation in AK has undergone quite a few changes recently, with Tusker House switching from CS to TS and the addition of the Yak and Yeti in Anandapur which has both CS and TS. Our favorite restaurant in AK was always Tusker House, but we have yet to try it in its new incarnation. Even as CS, it was great!! I'm sure someone who has visited in the last month or so will be along soon to give input on the new offerings. There are also threads under 'Dining' with reviews of AK restaurants.

Next to Epcot, we think AK has the best food for a quick lunch. Both Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari have nice options. You can always check out the menus in Info Central to get more details on individual restaurants. Have a great trip and enjoy the amazing theming at Animal Kingdom!

dolphinmickey9170
12-24-2007, 06:30 AM
My vote is for Flame Tree BBQ. It is a CS meal, but it is really great. Ben likes the ribs, I like the 1/2 chicken which both come with a corn muffin (a big one) and a small bowl of bbq beans that are really tasty. You truly don't come away from this meal hungry.

grego77
12-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I recently ate at Yak and Yeti and loved it! The food was prepared perfectly, and the staff was very good.

For CS, I def say Flame Tree. Just good food. period.

Have fun! :mickey:

playdead88
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
pizzafari is our favorite!!

RockChalkKimball
12-24-2007, 01:43 PM
We will be there next week and my DS is insisting that we go to his favorite place which is Flame Tree. He is a BBQ rib freak!

ftwildernesskid
12-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Flame Tree BBQ is great! We loved everything we had. The beans are so yummy. And the portions are very generous.

Donald
12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Yak & Yeti get my vote! I loved the decor and the food was delicious!! I had the duck and it was perfect!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
12-24-2007, 06:15 PM
After reading this post I just realized that we've only eaten at CS, Pizzafari, (countless times) and Donald Breafastsaurs....that's it !!!... We've been to AK many, many times......oh yeah, we've eaten at the Rainforest Cafe there once.....I guess we plan other places to eat for some reason....anyway we love Pizzafari.....even though it's just a CS....I cant' wait to try Y&Y...sorry I couldn't help much......:mickey:

Kairi_7378
12-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Flame Tree was the first CS meal that I had on my first "grown up" trip. We both loved it! The chicken meal is so large that Ben and I split it. dolphinmickey9170 is right... you can 't eat here before another big meal!

SBETigg
12-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Flametree BBQ is great for quick service, but for a sit down meal I prefer to leave the AK to head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma or Jiko.

Gator
12-25-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd have to say Flame Tree is the best counter service at WDW, and also the best overall at AK.

simpleyred
12-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply :mickey:
Glad a CS comes so highly recommended. DH prefers to walk in rather than make reservations. I would love to try Bomas for dinner. We really enjoyed breakfast there in 2004.

Have a magical trip next week RockChalkKimball :tink:

JPL
12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Flame Tree BBQ hands down at the park although I haven't tried the Yak & Yeti. It is also worth the short bus ride over to Boma for dinner :thumbsup:

PAMOUSELOVER
12-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Pizzafari and Donald Breafastsaurs.:thumbsup:
We ate at both of these this pass Sept. We always ate at the rain forest café on previous trips.
The caesar salads at Pizzafari are huge with lots of chicken, so they can be shared between two people.