PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Disapperance?

DisneyTwirler13!
12-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi!
My family and I are going on a holiday trip starting the day after Christmas for a wedding and then skiing until around Jan. 2.
We do a lot of these trips, and it seems like we're always eating, even though we're not. So, on these trips, I constantly feel full.
Anyone have tips on what to do?
TIA! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
That's a tough one. Vacations, holidays, special events, there's always a lot of food. I don't know what to say to help. Be sure to stop when you're really full, only have a few bites of your favorite things. Stay active.

Remember the stomach is only about the size of a large fist, so you really don't need a lot of food at once to fill up. To be always eating would actually be better for your system than to have two or three big meals. Small, more constant meals are more easily digested. A lot of nutritionists recommend six small meals a day over a few big meals. Better to stick with lean meats, veggies, and whole grains over things like dairy, refined flour breads, and sweets. Really, just go with the flow, enjoy your vacation, but try to use good sense with your food. It's not easy, especially if you're not one of the adults in control of the spending and food consumption choices. Best wishes.