PDA

View Full Version : A Long Winter's Drive...Travel Day Home

dolphinmickey9170
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
We are up by 7:30 to finish packing and filling the van. I hate the day we leave, its always bittersweet. On one hand we have to leave the happiest place on earth. On the other hand, I have something to look forward to -- the next trip, which btw, is already booked and planned out for May and I'm working on another one for August.

After umpteen trips back and forth to the van, we take one final scout of our room for any left overs and we are off to Artists Palate. I have 10 CS and 4 snack credits to use. We also had 2 packages to pick up. As we were getting packages I had asked my family what they wanted to do with all these credits. The CM asked me how many I had and what I had planned to do with them. I told her I had 10, but I didn't know what to do with them as I didn't want 10 breakfast platters. She explained to me that 1 CS credit can be used as a continental type breakfast. You get one piece of fresh fruit, one pastry and one beverage. This works great. We get 2 breakfast sandwiches with drinks, 3 packaged sammies from the fridge, 3 desserts and 3 drinks, then we get 5 fruits, 5 pastries and 5 drinks. That takes care of our CS credits, now the snacks. Katy gets a one liter bottle of ginger ale, a bag of white cheddar popcorn, a box of nilla wafers and and a box of character cookies. All this stuff was $100. Imagine if I had let them go. What a waste. It's now 9:30 and we must head home. So sad. I really don't want to leave. We make it home right at midnight. An uneventful ride home. Only a few stops for fuel and potty/diaper breaks. Then of course, I was supposed to work all this weekend, but I can't talk. And most of my job requires I talk. So, no work for me this weekend. But I will work Monday if it kills me. Just no one will be able to hear me on the phone. So, if you call me at work....listen carefully for the croaking frog. That will be me.

Thank you all for reading my reports. I hope you enjoyed going along on our trip. I am wishing you all a happy holiday season and stay safe.

AbeeNormal
12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Happy Holidays and of course "Thanks again for sharing !!" :santa:

BronxTigger
12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope you feel better!

Thanks for sharing your trip and photos with us. I look forward to reading reports from you again around May.

RedheadWriter
12-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Your report and photos were great! Feel better.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!

kakn7294
12-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Ah-ha! So that's how you managed to post these reports so quickly! You skipped out on work! Sorry you're not feeling well - I hope it goes away quickly and you can enjoy the holidays. Thanks for sharing all of your reports and pictures. I really enjoyed them and I'm so totally looking forward to planning August with you!

dolphinmickey9170
12-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Ah-ha! So that's how you managed to post these reports so quickly! You skipped out on work! Sorry you're not feeling well - I hope it goes away quickly and you can enjoy the holidays. Thanks for sharing all of your reports and pictures. I really enjoyed them and I'm so totally looking forward to planning August with you!

I had to skip out on work. I couldn't even talk. I would have answered the phone an no one would have been able to hear me.:thedolls: Not such a bad idea, hmm? I am at work today, just waiting to punch in. yippie skippie......Merry Christmas!

ChipnDaleGal
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
That is too bad that you came home sick, but I imagine you weren't too surprised. Kristin, thank you so much for sharing your trip and your pictures with us. I really enjoyed each installment. How nice that you have two trips in the works, that sure takes the sting out of leaving WDW. :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

faline
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Glad you were able to use up your counter service and snack credits!

Hope you're feeling better!

Beach Club Babe
12-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing your reports with us! I enjoyed reading them very much!