PDA

View Full Version : Disney Divas Xmas '07 Trip - Day 2

chechas
12-23-2007, 09:20 AM
When: December 21-26, 2007
Where: Polynesian Garden View
Who:
Me (30+) - shhhh don't tell cuz I still claim 26 hehehe
DD (12...oh excuse me I was just reminded that she is actually 12 and a half now)
Weather: overcast and a littel chilly and damp - 50s until about noon then 60s rest of the day.

We got up around 8am in order to make an 8:50 ADR at O'Hanas. After checking in and taking our photo, it only took about 5 minutes for our pager to go off and us to be seated. I will say that the coffee could've stripped the tar off my driveway - it was very very strong. Took a whole lot of creamer to lighten it up even a little! As we were munching on sausage, waffles, potatoes etc and just as Stitch hit the table behind us - we both realized that we did not bring a camera!! Now mind you between the 2 of us, we have 2 camcorders and 2 digital camers in the room, you would think 1 of us would have remembered to bring on to a character breakfast!! DOH!!!! My daughter had her camera cell phone and we took a couple pics with that but of course it was not the same. LOL! THey brought around the pic we took when we first got there and I had decided earlier that we so were not buying it! But it turned out soooo cute that $31 later...we were the proud owners of yet another O'Hana pic - LOL!

We ran back to the room to put up the pic and grab cameras etc. and hopped the monorail to MK. I had to get in line to buy tickets and when we got up to the window, I had to show my ID to get Florida Resident price, DD pulled out her Middle School ID and gave it to the CM LOL. The CM took one look and said - "HEY I went to that school!!!" Turned out she is from the town we live in and went to the same Middle School as DD and had some of the same teachers! Small world. Once we completed the transcation, she gave us 2 good anytime fast passes good until Jan 31, 08 just because DD was a fellow Shark! Good start to the day.

MK was very crowded and we ended up not riding any rides, just walking around. We did go see Twas the Night Before Xmas in the Galaxy Theater - a great show...it is better at night though with all the lights and stuff. Did have 1 problem when I was walking and a lady stepped backwards off the curb and directly in front of me, I walked into her because it happened so fast. EVen though it was her fault for not looking, I still apologized and asked if she was ok - she cursed me out! I can't even begin to repeat her words they were so bad. I so wanted to tell her about herself but my daughter was standing there with her eyes bugging out and saying "Mom why is she swearing like that?" Her family looked like they were used to her going off like that but glared at me for getting her started. One of them said - here we go again! I just told the woman I hoped she was ok and took DD by the arm and kept going. But I was very mad at her for speaking like that period but especially since the whole incident was her fault!!! But it is Xmas so I let it go.

Before we left MK we went to Aloha Island and got a Dole Pineapple Float and a Rootbeer float. Both were very good but we both thought that it was the best rootbeer float we had ever had! Can't put my finger on what made it so good but it was wonderful! The pineapple float was great also but we had nothing to compare it to unlike the rootbeer float.

We caught the boat back to Poly and walked the lobby for a bit and picked up our Luau tickets then we stopped by Captain Cooks for a flatbread pizza to bring back to the room. We went to the room to rest and watch a movie before our 6pm ADR at Raglan Rd - the pizza was really good!

We headed out to the busstop around 5pm to catch a bus to DTD. Bus pulled up as we were approaching the stop. I still don't get Raglan Road....when we got there we could see the place was just about empty...lots and lots of empty tables but they had at least 6 parties of people including us waiting in the lobby with pagers. This happened last time I came also. Weird. After about 10 minutes we were seated. The menu looked like it had been scaled down from my visit this past AUgust. We got the Goat's Town appetizer and DD ordered Traditional Bangers and Mash and I got the Sirloin plus a Southwicks beer. Everything was very good and service was attentive and quick without us feeling rushed. We were too stuffed to get dessert though! LOL.

We walked around the shops and listened to some carolers and checked out the lights for about and hour or so after dinner. I love DTD at Xmas time. It is just so festive!

We got to the busstop just as the bus was loading. The bus shares with Contemporary and Polynesian. So it was full by the time we got on and we had to stand but since we got on at the Market Place stop, someone got off at the West Side stop and we were able to get a seat for the long ride to CR.

We went to our rooms and took showers and to bed as we were exhausted! LOL And it wasn't even 9pm yet! It stinks getting over being sick but we are both just glad to be here at Disney for Xmas.

A couple of observations - I am really not liking the new holiday meal pricing thing. Disney is making our annual trip very very expensive between the new room pricing scheme and the character/buffet holiday pricing. Even the pics at the Ohana breakfast has gone up. So it gives me a lot to think about for next year and we will probably have to scale back on our traditional activities and hotel.

Tomorrow: EpCot, MGM

RedheadWriter
12-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Great day except for the loose cannon on the curb! Looking forward to your next report
:thumbsup:
Rachel

Kairi_7378
12-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for sharing! I love the root beer flat at Aloha Aisle, too. The vanilla ice cream is great!

ChipnDaleGal
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Sounds like you two are making the most of just being together at WDW despite feeling the lingering effects of your illnesses and a cranky lady. What a lovely relaxing day. :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
That lady is crazy. Glad you didn't let it get to you too much.

I think it's great that you take an annual trip like that. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Sounds like you two had a great first day,:thumbsup: and as fas as that lady is concerned it sounds like somebody needs a nap. ;)

Good for you on just shrugging it off, that can be hard to do sometimes. :)

ElenitaB
12-27-2007, 12:07 AM
In spite of the fatigue your maladies are causing, you're still managing to have very nice days. Great start to your day with the "Small World Encounter." :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
12-27-2007, 06:10 AM
So happy you got special FPs. That is always a treat. Good for you not to "lose it" like that female whatever did. It really burns me when you are in the happiest place on earth and someone goes off like that. Obviously they are not a crazed disney fan like the rest of us, we know to look before stepping off the curb, and not blast someone for crashing into someone.

Thanks for sharing. So glad you are able to take it a little easy. Hope you both feel better soon!:mickey:

faline
01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Good day except for your run-in with the rude woman.