PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney Todd - 2006 BC version

Diznee4Me
12-23-2007, 08:32 AM
So I come across this DVD in a British mag and received it for my B-day.

Pretty intense. As usual the sets, acting and story were excellent as it was a British production. But the blood...... and some of the topics other than just slashing with a razor......again, great movie but definatley gruesome.

If Depps version is anywhere near this I will have to wait for the DVD to fast forward and mute the sound.

And I am usually not so squemish! :D:

jray21
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Just saw it on friday and yes, it is very gruesome. But it is done in a somewhat comical way (no I am not disturbed, people were laughing in the theater). Depp is dancing around and before you know it, slice. I don't know if you will be able to fast forward it on DVD when it comes out because it is so sudden, and only lasts about 3-5 seconds on each "cut". I don't know how good it compares to the "real" version, but I liked it! It was Rated R only because of violence, gore. There were only about two swear words, and no nudity. It was pretty disturbing, as you pointed out. If you have seen Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, multiply it by 10.

jrkcr
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
:pizza::popcorn::tv:
So I think I will come over to your house and watch this with you, OK? I'll bring the snacks.
Surely you won't run from the room AGAIN at every icky scene like your DW says you did??
:sick: hahaha