PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything like Vera bradley bags at WDW?

Cinderella's mom
12-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I was watching the 2007 WDW Christmas Holiday with Samantha Brown yesterday and I thought I saw some bags that looked like Vera Bradley (they may not be that brand, but if they look like it -- it is ok). If so, about how much are they? We are leaving in 9 days and I am trying to buy a backpack for all of our stuff, but would wait to get one of these if that is infact what I saw... TIA!!!!!

mickey&missy
12-22-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't know the answer, but I would love to know!! I love Vera Bradley bags and I love WDW so that would super for me!!! I'd buy a Vera Bradley type bag at WDW in a second!

BronxTigger
12-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Please enlighten me.... I googled Vera Bradley, and I realized I've seen these bags all over the place. What I fail to understand, however, is their popularity. What am I missing about these bags?

Thanks.

Peterpanflight
12-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I was there in Oct and bought a bag with a wallet that looked like vera bradley but has a few mickey heads on it. I love it.:mickey:

VAdizneefan
12-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I saw these there in November. They were like one of the previous posters said -- like Vera Bradley but with a few Mickey heads in the middle of the design. I looked at them but they were kind of high in my opinion. I think the smallest and cheapest bag was between $35 and $40. I remember seeing a bigger size too, almost like a tote and I think it was closer to $75-$80. They were really neat though and I'm not a Vera Bradley fan.

Cinderella's mom
12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks so much for the info!!! I can't wait to go see what they have! I know I will be buying some! I have the VB Capri Blue set, but was going to buy something else to switch things up. Now I am just going to wait to come to get it there. Do you know what all they have? Purses, wallets, backpacks? Anything else??? TIA

Cinderella's mom
12-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Please enlighten me.... I googled Vera Bradley, and I realized I've seen these bags all over the place. What I fail to understand, however, is their popularity. What am I missing about these bags?

Thanks.

They are just cute and fun... Very popular with the teens, college age and not so old adults! I am not sure they have a specific reason that they are so popular... Just know that I am going to get a Disney one like it... Can't wait to see what they have!!!!!!!:cloud9:

floridamom
12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I purchased an open top Vera Bradley-esque tote bag this summer at WDW. The fabric is a few shades of blue with some white, and yes, there are "hidden mickeys" in the pattern. Many of my friends didn't notice them at first, but just thought it was a cute bag. Even my husband likes it. I think the price was somewhere in the $35-$40 range, and it's a pretty decent size bag--large enough for a couple of magazines, or even a couple of diapers and a changing pad for those with little ones :mickey:. They also have a smaller zip-top purse and a wallet, as was mentioned previously.

Peterpanflight
12-23-2007, 02:50 PM
i hope this works..this is a pic of my wristlet
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x170/Peterpanflight/100_0106.jpg

wendy*darling
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Very cute bag! I was not aware that these were available. I will have to check them out next fall. :thumbsup:

Dznygrl79
12-26-2007, 07:38 AM
I saw these bags in December in the Animal KIngdom, they where in a larger shop I think Outfitters. There are three sizes wallet, wrist bag, and a purse. They where all blue and I believe yellow and had Mickeys on them. They are not VB but they are really great looking.

BeccaO
12-26-2007, 12:24 PM
What cute bags!!!! I have a few VB bags and absolutely love them!!!! I can't wait to get down there in 2 weeks and see what they have!!!! They are great because you can just throw them in the washing machine to clean them. I actually have a VB messenger bag that I use as a diaper bag and its great!!!

MinnieMommie
12-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Thanks.

VB bags are durable and quite popular. Like everything else they are a matter of taste and while they are appealing to many people they may not be to others. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
12-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I personally don't care for Vera Bradley bags although I have seen the blue and yellow ones that I liked as luggage. I carried VB in my store when they first came out and couldn't give them away. All of a sudden they became very popular and I never could figure out why. I've seen much cuter ones in other brands but this is what people seem to want. Both my DDs love them. This one with the Mickey heads is really cute and I wouldn't mind having some like this. I didn't see any of these on my last trip and will have to look for them the next time. Cute!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I love all my Vera's (too many...). Unfortunately, it is a very expensive habit. But man, I sure look cute when I go out! Plus they are super durable, and there are soooo many different styles available. My faves: bowler bag and large backpack.

I want one of these though... soooo cute!

mickey&missy
12-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I also love all my Vera's. their cute and different. But, the previous poster is right it's an expensive habit.

I love the picture of the wristlet! I can't wait to see what they have when I'm their in 69 days!!!

Here we go again...
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
I was one that never really cared for the Veras until I saw them at Disney... I don't know what it is.... put a Mickey on anything and I love it.

angedeaile
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
So Animal Kingdom is where you can find them. Anywhere else? DTD perhaps?

I go in 5 days and have one long shopping list. I am not a fan of any of the current VB patterns, but that mickey one!

Here we go again... sure summed it up. Put a mickey on it and I want it! It might not be an official VB, but that won't stop me.