PDA

View Full Version : If you had a choice which resort ?

GINNY69
12-22-2007, 07:04 PM
If you had a choice to stay at either the Port Orleans Riverside or the Coronado Resort which would it be and why? I stayed at the POFQ last year and we want to try something different this time.. Thank-you for your feed backs..

Merry Christmas and a Magical New Year !!!!:snowman::santa3::elf::tree:

VAdizneefan
12-22-2007, 09:52 PM
I've never stayed at Coronado Springs but I've stayed at Riverside twice and loved it both times. I stayed in both sides- the mansions and the cabins and both were really nice. I liked French Quarter too but Riverside did have that southern plantation feel and it was beautifully decorated. Boatwright's had a really good breakfast too. (Sweet potato pancakes :cloud9:) Since Coronado is geared more toward conventions, we never even considered that as a choice.

garymacd
12-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Port Orleans always gets our vote. We have never stayed at Coronado Springs, but it looks pretty nice. Just can't get beignets there.

That tears it for me: no beignets, no go!

KAT1811
12-23-2007, 12:03 AM
We love Coronado Springs!!! They have a great reosrt. The rooms and pools are beautiful and the resort as a whole is great!!! The resort is known as a "convention" resort and while it primarily is that is the best part. The ppool is never busy and the busses are practically empty!!! We love the CSR and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful resort.

Gator
12-23-2007, 02:25 AM
I thought PO was pretty lousy when we went on our honeymoon. Lousy room, lousy bus service, but had a nice boat ride to DD.

Coronado on the other hand was incredible. There's not an ugly section of that resort. The bus service is great. The food court is cool. The pool is the best. Absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't want to stay at any other resort.

Kairi_7378
12-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I loved PO FQ, but only thought that POR was okay. If you want a change of scene, I'd give Cornado a try. That's where we are going to stay when we go next time!

artyboy
12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
They are both wonderful...but for different reasons.

We like to Resort Hop during our stays, if we can. We're doing a night at Coronado (stayed there twice in the past...prefer the Cabanas section) on the 26th of this month, and then moving to Riverside for the 27th and 28th (stayed there multiple times before...prefer to be in one of the "Mansions")

If you don't mind doing a move (the CM's make it incredibly easy!) I say try both!

:mickey:

KarenP
12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I prefer Cornoado Springs. I suggest you look at pictures of both resorts and see which theming appeals more to you.

tinksmom02
12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I've stayed at POR and FQ, and CSR, and while POFQ is my favorite, I would recommend you try CSR, if you're looking to switch things up a bit. POR and FQ are different resorts, but with similar theming (not exactly the same, though). CSR has a completely different theme to it. The pool is really cool, I don't know if you're taking kids with you, but they have a really nice playground area, sand area, etc. The Pepper Market is really big, if I remember, with tons of different selections. The resort is really big, and known for conventions, but that didn't affect our visit at all.

I don't think you could go wrong with either resort, though.

ahh...but POR has Bob Jackson in the River Roost lounge, though! Tough call! :thumbsup:

JoDisney
12-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I love both PO resorts the best. CBR resort for the moderates was good, too. I have a huge dislike for Coronado Springs. I have stayed there two times. I have three boys. The pool is great, though. The pool food area would close early. However, I absolute hate their food court. Each child would want a different food section and the waits for each was incredible. Also, I had a very bad experiences with this widespread resort. It is a walk from the food court to the pool and as I said the poolside food area would close early. I remember waiting in line for poolside food and when we got almost to the front a CM told us it was closing. We were waiting in line before the closing, but did not get to the front before it closed. To say the least, many people were less than thrilled. I did not say anything, but others sure did. I know CBR is widespread, but I never minded that resort or had any difficulty. I just have such a dislike for CS that when we had to stay an extra day one time and reservations said we have CS available, I said "Oh please can you tell me what else is available!" You may like it, but for me "no, no."

Meghan
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate resort, so I definatly pick that. Though I enjoyed my stay at Riverside as well. The grounds of CS, while sprawling, are gorgeous. I love the pool area (even though its far away from the food court, the little snack shop there can fill your refillable mug). The food court has really great food, especially the breakfast skillets. The main complaint I hear about CS is that the grounds are TOO large and that its hard to walk to and from places. I had a car on both stays, so I guess this doesn't affect me as much. But I did walk to the foodcourt in the mornings rather than drive, and found the walk quite pleasant.

Figment1988
12-24-2007, 06:47 PM
i'd prefer the beach club resort for one reason: stormalong bay.

#1donaldfan
12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
POR AB ...... that's our little home away from home....so much to do and it's very laid back and quiet.....you'll have 5 quiet pools and one signature pool to choose from...the food court is very good and Boatwrights has the best breakfast of any Disney eatery.....you can hop on a boat and go to DtD for shopping.....the busses are very timely. The resort is set up in such a way that everything is "centralized"....CS seems very big and spread out....my sister stayed there several years ago and seemed to like it, with the excepion of the long, long walk to the pool.....have fun choosing....:thumbsup:

DisneyOtaku
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I would choose the Coronado, but mostly because I live two hours away from New Orleans--I can expereince it almost anytime I want. Besides, the Coronado just looks really cool :number1: