PDA

View Full Version : nonburgers/chicken fingers counter service choices?

BiloxiMom
12-22-2007, 05:10 PM
After a few days, my entire family is VERY tired of the usual burger or chicken with fries combo for lunches. Since we're on the DP, I thought I'd get some advice on where to eat, at each park, for counter service lunches. We've got ADRs for our dinners. Thanks!

A Big Kid
12-22-2007, 05:15 PM
How about a brat and a pretzle at sommerfest in Germany?

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2007, 05:19 PM
At Peco's Bills in MK, they have awesome wraps and chili cheese fries.

At Cosmic Ray's in MK, they have wraps, salads, bbq pork sammies.

At Yorkshire UK in Epcot, they have fish and chips.

At China in Epcot, they have chinese foods, general tso's chicken YUMMY.

At Pizzafari in AK they have pizza.

At Flame Tree BBQ they have half a chicken or ribs with cornbread and beans also bbq pork sammies.

These are just a tiny smidgen of the offerings. I'm sure others will come along with a lot more ideas. ENJOY!!

These are all CS options. They Flame tree is quite a meal. Don't plan on eating it too close to another meal. Maybe for an early lunch and a later dinner.

We aren't all that fond of chicken and burgers all day either.

I don't really have any comments about DHS as we don't usually eat a meal there. We get coffee and cinnamon rolls at starring rolls and then a TS dinner.

Polynesian Dweller
12-22-2007, 05:36 PM
On our last 7 day trip in October we didn't eat a burger or chicken fingers once and we did eat at CS every day. We were impressed how everywhere there were other options. I don't preceisly remember the options but we always found an interesting wrap, taco , sandwich and salad at every CS we tried. Good places for lots of different options is The Land in Epcot and in MK Cosmic Rays. In MGM we ate at Backlot express and I think that was a turkey sandwich but there was only 1 burger on that menu.

merlinmagic4
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
The Electric Umbrella in Epcot has a really good turkey wrap.

Our favorite is Columbia Harbor House in MK.......great sandwiches. I get the tuna every time!

comicguy
12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
At the MK eat at Cosmic Rays, they have a great BBQ chicken and Ribs combo that ca easily feed 2 people.

At EPCOT try the land pavillion, they have a bunch of non burger choices. China has some good quick service food as does Morroco. There is also the fish and chips from England.

In AK Pizzafari has a great has great Italian sub, also Flame tree BBQ again has really good Chicken and Ribs combo.

MGM has a place in the back(can't remember the name) but it has a large assortment of non tradition quick service food. There is also Pizza Planet(great atmoshpere).

DTD has Earl of Sandwhich. I recommend the Beef and Bleu.

Many of the resorts have food that is non burger or chicken. POP has a great turkey dinner a couple of nights a week. Also they have a great meatball sub.

techgeek
12-22-2007, 06:25 PM
All the before mentions are great. The best selection for the $ IMHO is Wolfgang Puck Bistro I could not believe it was on the DDP CS. It may have changed but it is spectacular CS food.

playdead88
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
our favs are columbia harbour house at MK - they have a great hummus and slaw sandwich - then there is the lotus blossom at epcot - yummy - and not to mention just about every country in epcot offers a great variety - as a matter of fact you may find it more difficult to find burgers and chicken fingers at world showcase - our favorite at mgm is the veggie burgers and burgers at rosie's all american cafe and there are several other places there to find food options - i can't remember the name of the place but i think it was near the backlot they had great flat bread -i'll have to ask my husband maybe he remembers - and finally animal kingdom has pizzafari - which by far has the best cs ceasar salads and breadsticks!

happy eating!:mickey:

Donald
12-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Try the Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom (they have both TS and CS) you will not be disappointed!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-23-2007, 11:01 AM
DHS/MGM:
Backlot Express - Salads, Wraps, Sandwiches
Pizza Planet - Pizza, Salads

MK:
Pecos Bill - Sandwiches, Ribs, etc
Noodle Station (if it's open) - Chinese Food
Casey's - Hot Dogs
Cosmic Ray's - Salads, Sandwiches, Wraps,
Pinocchio's Village Haus - Salads, Wraps, Sandwiches
Columbia Harbor House - Fish and Chips, Salads, Sandwiches

AK:
Flame Tree BBQ - BBQ Items
Pizzafari - Pizza and Salads

Epcot:
UK - Fish and Chips
Japan - Japanese Food (inside Tea House)
Germany - Sausages, Pretzels
China - Chinese Food
Mexico - Mexician Food
The Land - Salads, Wraps, Sandwiches

I recommend the Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich at Flame Tree, the Strawberry Shortcake from The Land, just about everything from Japan, the Hummus and Slaw sandwich from Columbia Harbor House, the Greek Salad from Backlot Express, the House Salad from Pizza Planet, and if it's open, just about anything from the Noodle Station.

artyboy
12-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Hit the CS spot in Morrocco at Epcot.

Gyros, hummus platters, etc...and it's never croweded!

:mickey:

Kairi_7378
12-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Everyone has given great advice! Here are my favorites:

MK:
Columbia Harbor House for chowder, lighthouse sandwich

EPCOT:
Sunshine Seasons in the Land
Any of the World Showcase locations, although I really like Tangerine Cafe

MGM:
This is a hard one. We've eaten at the Commissary

AK
Love the Flame Tree
Yak and Yeti looks very interesting and promising

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
:mickey: Hi Biloxi Mom, I'm from Biloxi too and wanted to add my two cents to the counter service question.

At Epcot our absolute favorite is Cantina San Angel for awesome nachos and we are going to try fish and chips at Yorkshire next trip.

I have heard great things about Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney...

Animal Kingdom has Flame Tree BBQ

Not really sure about MGM/Hollywood Studios.

BiloxiMom
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! It's nice to know I won't be stuck eating burgers everyday. MississippiDisneyFreak.... nice to meet you!!!

Samtastic
12-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I think the gist is that even at the burger and fry places you'll find nice other options. I'm sure you won't go hungry! :party:

mcb0420
12-31-2007, 07:39 AM
We loved our counter service choices this past trip on DDP. Wolfgang Puck Express (a couple times) in DTD. Kringla Bakery (Epcot-Norway) has turned into a favorite. Starring Rolls (MGM) has great sandwiches and deserts. Tried and will repeat Columbia Harbour House (MK). We skipped Flame Tree (AK) due to negative comments and weren't that thrilled previous visit, so we just snacked there.

garymacd
12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
At MK, try El Pirata Y El Perico near POTC and Tikki Room. They have a great taco salad with beans and rice as a side. It sure makes a nice change from burgers. The only problem is they seem to be open only seasonally, but look for it and give it a try.

WSfan
12-31-2007, 09:59 PM
LaBoulangerie Patisserie - CS in France.

Try the Ham and Cheese Croissant $3.25
Ham and Cheese Quiche $4.95
Ham and Cheese Sandwich $5.25

I had the ham & cheese croissant and it was warm, light and yummy. Others in my party all enjoyed their food too. The desserts are to die for (and share).

Darbylew
12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
MK -Pecos Bill's has a great taco salad and
Casey's has great corn dog nuggets
Epcot - The seasons food court in the Land
MGM - Toy Story Pizza and salads and at the
ABC Commissary has great cuban sandwichs
AK - Flame Tree Bar-B-que great pork and ribs
and Pizzafari for pizza and salads
Hope this will help. :mickey:;)
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK THE
FIRST WEEK IN APRIL 2008. :D

dmosher
01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I know I am in the minority here, but I actually love the Veggie Burgers at Cosmic Rays in Magic Kingdom. Years ago I was a vegetarian (for cholesterol reasons) and even though I am now eating meat I still love the Veggie Burgers. Get one of those and then add on the fixings and you have a full and rather nutritious little meal.
:pipes:
D

Cinderelley
01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Starring Rolls at the Studios is awesome!!:number1: