PDA

View Full Version : What happen to donald duck

showmethemouse
12-22-2007, 03:01 PM
WE are wonding what happen to donald duck.
My son likes donald duck and when we what to disney in aug. we couldn't find anything with him on it like a shirt or a cup any thing all we fine was pins. Even my friend just came back from disney and she couldn't find anything . Dose evenbody know what happen to him:donald::donald:

JPL
12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
At the Magic Kingdom the shop outside Mickey's Philharmagic is loaded with Donald merchandise

MickeyMousse
12-22-2007, 06:56 PM
This trip in particular we noticed much more Donald Duck than ever before! We saw the character many times and alot more souvenirs than before. The best place was the store outside Philarmagic....also saw some in Epcot.

mickey&missy
12-22-2007, 06:56 PM
They have a lot of cute Donald stuff in the store JPL mentioned. DS has a great teeshirt that going through the wall like in the back of PhilHarMagic. The shirt itself its tye dyed all different colors. I've also gotten my Dad a Donald tee in that store in 05 and 06. Definitely check it out when your back in WDW!

Greenlawler
12-24-2007, 01:16 AM
They do not have as much stuff in the Philharmonic store as they used to. I agree for the Number 2 character there is not enough stuff. I think they hold him back so he won't overshadow the mouse like he did in the 40's.

Dragongirlx
12-24-2007, 04:00 AM
I got the cutest mexican donald in Epcot in September and ther was loads of donald stuff in the shop next to philharmagic

Brer Robert
12-24-2007, 11:24 PM
They do not have as much stuff in the Philharmonic store as they used to. I agree for the Number 2 character there is not enough stuff. I think they hold him back so he won't overshadow the mouse like he did in the 40's.

Interesting point, Donald HAS starred in the most cartoons out of all of the Disney characters. And especially during the 50's when Mickey was mellowing out, Donald appeared to be the new star of the show.

dmosher
12-25-2007, 02:34 AM
The last time I saw any Donald items were at the stores for MPM and Mexico Pavilion. I do remember a few things at the Kitchen store in MGM though!
:pipes:
D

Greenlawler
12-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Interesting point, Donald HAS starred in the most cartoons out of all of the Disney characters. And especially during the 50's when Mickey was mellowing out, Donald appeared to be the new star of the show.

Leonard Maltin is a big fan of the duck and has made refrence to Donald stealing the show in the 30's-50's. According to him Walt did not think the character would be so big. The Disney Classic Collections just released volume 3 of the Chronological Donald a must have for all fans.
I stand behind what I said, Donald is the easy number 2 character, but is held back on purpose. Just think of how little stuff is sold with Donald compared to Goofy in the parks. Now days it seems like they try to push Donald below Minnie and Goofy.