PDA

View Full Version : And my son said...

princessjojo
12-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I just can't wait till Christmas. It was out of the blue, while he was playing a video game this morning. Fully expecting him to say because I get more toys or new video games to play, I asked him why he felt that way. What made him so excited about Christmas. His response was unexpected, but not surprising coming from him.

He said, "It's the joy mom, the joy. It spreads like a virus, jumping from happy person to another person making them feel happy. They move around and spread the joy virus to everybody. It just makes me feel good to see it."

He actually took one of his presents from under the tree to his cub scout party and gave it to their toy drive. I could have cried. I had to make him put that particular present back, but let him choose another to give away.

I feel like my job as a parent is done this holiday season, at least until his brother wakes up anyway...

RedheadWriter
12-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Your son totally "gets" what this season is really about.
What a proud momma you must be!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyTwirler13!
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM
What a sweet boy you have! You must be very lucky!

Christine
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
That's a great kid! Good job!

chamonix
12-22-2007, 04:42 PM
"It's the joy mom, the joy. It spreads like a virus, jumping from happy person to another person making them feel happy. They move around and spread the joy virus to everybody. It just makes me feel good to see it."
OMG, this is one of the most wonderful things I have heard this entire holiday season. Followed by this part, of course:

I feel like my job as a parent is done this holiday season, at least until his brother wakes up anyway... :funny:

ckaranassos
12-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your post. Because I've been a real stinker this holiday season. Long story short I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary and my 40th birthday and asked for a big gift. A new diamond ring. My husband said no way. I have been really mad because money was not the issue. He's stubborn :cool: but I guess I might be too. But some where I lost the spirit and your post brought it back. I'm still a little mad at DH but that's not the point. Thanks!

DizNee143
12-28-2007, 08:59 AM
that is soo cute that your son sad that...its true though!! he is so right!! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
What a wonderful way to express what the season should be about... you've got a sweet boy there!! I hope your Christmas was just as happy as he'd hoped!!