PDA

View Full Version : I'm hopeless

Ohhohohhhh*ItsMagic
12-22-2007, 08:13 AM
We usually plan a trip to Florida every other year. We just went this past January so our next one won't be until 2009. I must say that it's killing me to think I have to wait a whole year!! My husband isn't as big of a fan as I am and he wants to experience other states in our wonderful country. So in April we agreed to go to New York. I am totally looking forward to this but I find myself looking at stuff about Disney instead. I have some friends that are going to Florida next week and I couldn't help but be jealous. If I could, I would move there just because I like the state so much. It's not just all about Disney (well, most of it is) but I've been all over Florida and I like everything about the place. My husband likes ice fishing...so needless to say I won't be moving out of this frozen tundra anytime soon! The other day I mentioned to someone that I sort of like Disney World. A friend of mine overheard this and says "What do you mean 'sort of like'?" So I had to confess. I am hopeless!!:cloud9:

When do all of you guys go? Once a year, three times...once in awhile? And do your friends and family think you're obsessed???

disneymom15
12-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes, I'm obsessed. It's been averaging about 3 to 4 times a year for the last 4 or so years. My family hasn't said anything, but I'm sure they think I'm nuts. We were just there 2 weeks ago, and I told myself I would hold off planning another trip for awhile. Well, I'm already thinking about going Feb or March. It's an illness. Does anyone know of a cure? (Don't think I would take your advise even if there was one)

divinedi
12-22-2007, 09:48 AM
We're all kind of obsessed here, in a good way ;), so this is the wrong place to go to if you want advise about not being obsessed! I go twice a year if I can manage it, solo, with the kids, anyway I can to be honest, this year was tough because I've only been once. Most of my family sort of understands, they don't feel the same way about Disney as I do, even though they do like to go, but don't judge me because I love it so. I often go to the airline sights to check out flights, rates for the rooms etc., even though I know I can't afford another trip before our May trip, but one can dream. Hard to say no when I could have gotten flights for $38 return! in January with good AP room rates, but I just can't swing it :( so soon after Christmas and with trying to save for our May trip. Oh well, soon.......

jodijo
12-22-2007, 10:16 AM
We try to go once a year! We just love WDW! And yes, our family and friends think we are crazy. (Although I am the 1st person they call when they want to plan a Disney vacation!) Oh well, I wish all my fellow obsessed WDW fans Happy Holidays and may all your Disney dreams come true in the New Year!

tinklover
12-22-2007, 10:31 AM
My mother thinks i am obbsessed. We were just there in May and now going back again in June and when we move to Florida I am getting annual passes. lol. She made fun of me and said " Most moms say they are taking the kids to the park...in your case it is gonna be a park but it will be the Disney park. I laughed and said "and what is wrong with that?" I so can't wait to be a full time Florida resident this switching back and forth truely stinks. Also others think I may be obbsessed due to the fact that all of my DD's 3 and 4 clothes have something Dsiney on them. lol

cajunprincess
12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
My mother thinks we are obsessed. I try to manage once a year, but twice if I can at all help it! She always says..."don't you want to go somewhere else?" NO WAY!!!! To us Disney Addics, we live, breath, sleep, and eat Disney. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. I am just glad that my husband shares the same passion as I do!

RedheadWriter
12-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Me and mom go twice a year (last year we didn;t go at all because of her breast cancer) we last went in Nov and are going back jan 23. We go in January and then again for the Food Fest in OCt or Nov.
As far as being obsessed, I say soe people smoke, some people gamble, some people drink....I go to the happiest place on Earth! :):thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
12-22-2007, 01:37 PM
We've been going twice, maybe three times a year lately...I will admit...when we have annual passes we look for seat sales and tend to go more often...DH loves to golf and so we get at least the two round deal...I can go and just walk around the parks...Actually, I'm taking my friend the day after Xmas since hubby refused to go in those crowds again. I really wanted to see the castle in the white lights and my friend has never been there for Xmas...so...we're off for four days...and yes, I got an annual pass...I'll pick it up on the 26th...I have this trip...one in May for a Disney wedding that our DD is standing up in; one in September for free dining and one in November/December hopefully with all the DD's their husbands and Grandchildren...so...annual pass made more sense this time...Yes, I'm hopeless, but my family understands...

:pirate:

NewmanFamily6
12-24-2007, 03:29 PM
My goal is once a year. This year we didn't go to WDW because we are going on the Disney Cruise Jan 5-12th:mickey: I will get the mouse in one way or another!

pook@wdw
12-24-2007, 05:48 PM
If luvin' WDW is wrong...I don't wanna be right !:nope::nope: I think "obsession" is a little strong. How about...well...OK, so we're obsessed! We love it, our friends and family think we're all crazy, and we want to go every year! Even when we go other places on vacation, we usually have a good time, but we always compare them to WDW, and wonder why we didn't go there again. I can't explain it to the non-Disney folk, but I know that all my fellow Intercoters completely understand. And as always, I can't wait to go back. See ya in '09 (maybe in '08).:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
12-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I live in New York and I'm telling you go to Disney!!!! We go 4-5 times a year.

Not2Loud
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
We go as a family once a year for 7-10 days. On that trip we typically stay in a cabin at FW.

In 2007 we had the following trips:

Feb - 10 days - DW, DD4, MIL, FIL - stayed at FW

June - 2 days - DD4, DM, Step-Dad, DS, BIL & 4 nephews - stayed at PORS

July - 2 day - myself - had business in Ocala, so stayed at POFQ

Oct - 4 days - DW and I - Boardwalk

Ok, so I only got to go 4 times this year. Makes me sad to think about. I will say having the AP made it all possible and affordable.

For 2008, I have the following thus far:

Jan- myself - business in Ocala again. Only stopping through the parks for a few hours, have to get home the same day. I will get a few hours at WDW

Mar - 10 days - DW, DD4, MIL, FIL, Aunt, Uncle, and then our friends (Father, Mother, Daughter)

Thats all I have planned for now, but I am sure I will go more. Since Spirit Airlines has tremendous sales from ATL to MCO, I will probably go 4-6 times, maybe more!

Its fun to have an "obsession" that brings so much happiness!

dolphinmickey9170
12-27-2007, 06:38 AM
Too funny, I thought I was the only obsessed one. I only went once a year for a few years and then after meeting my husband, we decided to marry at WDW. During our "family honeymoon" he decided to surprise me with a DVC tour, well, then he bought it. So, we had three trips this year and we have two planned for next year.

GO TO DISNEY!!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
12-27-2007, 10:12 AM
yep, us too......we only get to go once a year, but my family thinks we're obsessed.....if we could, we'd go a lot more, but you know how that goes.......I can't think of another thing I'd rather be crazy about though.....:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
:secret: I can relate, my dad gave me and sis a 4 day Mexico cruise for the first week of February and I was like, that's nice...guess what I'm going to DW Dec 08...I'll enjoy the cruise but I'm an addict to DW

Disney Doll
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Guilty. We have been going once a year except that we just had a baby so we're waiting 1 1/2 years between trips this time. I have an Oct trip booked and it seems like Oct will never get here. Luckily my DH is just a big a fan as I am so we never have trouble deciding where to go on vacation.

DisneyDudet
01-03-2008, 03:43 PM
We were going to head to do D.C. and NYC this summer, but looking at air fare and hotel prices, it is out of our price range!!! We decided well.. maybe a Disney cruise... so... looking into it, they aren't doing any 7 nights we'd like, so we're going for a Double Dip in June! We thought about tacking on a few days at WDW, but thought that 3 days would not be enough to even do the bare minimum at that time of year, plus it might be miserably hot, so we're just going to do the 4 night, for WAY less that the trip we planned before.

So, needless to say, we're guilty of being WAY too obsessed.

poohbearlover15
01-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Well we usually go every year with a few exceptions. We went in 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. We might be planning a trip this march.