PDA

View Full Version : Disney Divas Xmas '07 Trip - Day 1

chechas
12-22-2007, 08:11 AM
When: December 21-26, 2007
Where: Polynesian Garden View
Who:
Me (30+) - shhhh don't tell cuz I still claim 26 hehehe
DD (12...oh excuse me I was just reminded that she is actually 12 and a half now)

We left Tampa around 10:00 am and stopped for a late breakfast on the way. Arrived at Poly around 11:30am. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and definitely in the holiday spirit. We were assigned a room 2nd floor Samoa building...too funny since I forgot to put in a request this year and last year we were 3rd floor Samoa building! Our room wasn't ready though. We were both tired from a late night and decided to just sit in in the 2nd floor lounge looking out at the pool and lagoon and wait for our room. DD read and I tried to get some work done...did not realize until then that Poly is th eonly monorail hotel that does NOT have Wi-Fi service in the lobby or public areas! They really need to reconsider that since both the GF and CR have it and it would be a nice benefit.

Anyways. After a bit, DD wanted to ride the monorail loop so we did and by the time we got back at 2:30, our room was ready. She did not know that we had a 3:20 ADR for Gardenview Tea...a little background, DD got into trouble at home 2 weeks before the trip and I almost cancelled the trip altogether! As far as she knew until the day before it had been cancelled and by the time I filled her in that we were going afterall, her attitude had already changed back to the child that I know and love so much. But she thought we had lost all our ADRs, she was bummed but kept saying that she was just glad that we were going to be here - she would eat McDonalds all week! LOL

We made it to the GF with about 5 minutes to spare and were seated immediately. I will write a seperate food review but it was excellent as usual and we really enjoyed it. There was a mix of people...couples, children, older, younger etc and everyone seemed to enjoy it - even the men who tried to play all bored and manyly were smiling and sipping tea and eating dainty sandwiches right alongside the little girls in thier frilly dresses. It was great!

We then took video and pics of the gingerbread house in the lobby right outside of the Tea Room and did some crazy posing as usual. :drama::fresh::crazy: When we were done one of the girls from Garden View tea came out and gave us each flowers and wished us a Merry Christmas!

We rode the loop back to our hotel and decided to unpack and rest some before heading out to the MVMCP at Magic Kingdom. Well that proved to be a mistake! LOL. DD is actually recovering from mild case of strep throat and snus infection and I am recouping from a drug-induced liver function problem...well we both laid down and did not get up until 9:30pm!!! The party was going on until midnight but we were both wiped and decided to put on PJs and go back to bed. While it stinks that I am out the money for the tickets, I am more bummed that I did not think to go outside and give them to someone to use like a not-so secret Santa gift! But I was exhausted!

We did not even eat dinner! Bad momma! But I guess we both needed the rest. But it is a new day and I am about to get DD up and dressed so we can go to our 3rd annual 1st morning O'Hana Character breakfast. Last night proved we both need to take it easy on this trip so after O'hana we will probably go to MK for a bit and make sure to come back to the room for an afternoon "rest period" - DD hates when I say nap! LOL. THen we have 6pm ressies for Raglan Road - Goat's Town appetizer here we come! And will probably shop a bit at DTD beforehand so we can get back to the hotel for 9pm Electric Water Pageant and Wishes.

Today: Ohana Character breakfast, MK, DTD, Raglan Road, Electric Water Pageant, Wishes

RedheadWriter
12-22-2007, 09:44 AM
I am bummed for you that you missed the MVMCP :( but it seemed like the best thing was for you to rest! I am looking forward to reading more!:thumbsup:

tinklover
12-22-2007, 10:45 AM
sorry to hear that you 2 missed the party. sounds like you have a great trip planned and can;t wait to read more. have fun and be well

AbeeNormal
12-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that you missed the party, but I agree with the other's it sounded like you two needed the rest. :santa:

Thanks so much for sharing yout trip.:mickey:

faline
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you needed a good long sleep much more than the party though it is still sad to miss it!

Your tea at the Grand Floridian sounds lovely!

ChipnDaleGal
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I am so sorry that you missed your MVMCP, but it sounds like neither of your bodies were in the mood to "party". Hopefully by resting you will enjoy the rest iof your trip so much more. :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 12:17 PM
It sounds like you had a relaxing day! Maybe too relaxing....so sad that you missed the party. I agree with other posters, though. If you had gone to the party you would have been too tired to fully enjoy it.

Off to read day 2!

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Sorry you missed MVMCP. :(

ElenitaB
12-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Glad you decided to make the trip, got a great room at the Poly and made it to Tea! Sorry your maladies kept you away from MVMCP though...

dolphinmickey9170
12-27-2007, 06:03 AM
So sorry you missed the party, but you obviously needed the rest. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: