PDA

View Full Version : Disneydoug and family invade the Poly.

disneydoug
12-22-2007, 02:52 AM
My DW, DD,DD and DS arrived at Orlando airport at 9:10 a.m. on December 15th via SWA. The airport was NOT busy and we went to the DME counter and were on a bus to the Polynesian in minutes. We were the 3rd stop.

We checked in before 10:30 and the room was ready. Since the luggage was en route, we checked out room 2008 at the Tahiti building and were in the MK by 11:00 a.m. It was the quickest check in day ever. It was about 85 degrees that day. We ate at Pinocchios for lunch. The park was fairly busy. It was a Saturday. MK was open until midnight. My 16 year old daughter and I stayed until 11:45 p.m.
We all took a nap late in the afternoon.

I woke up early on the 16th. A wonderful cast member at the Poly front desk printed out my MVMCP tickets even though the concierge desk wasn't open yet. I am sending a letter bragging on her. We ate breakfast at Captain Cook's everyday and loved it! Buy a refillable mug, you will use it. We went to DTD abd bought gifts that we didn't need, but wanted, haha, and had them shipped home.We went to EPCOT and to MGM to see the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. It was worth the trip. We went back to our room in time to come back outside and watch the MK fireworks from the beach. I recommend that experience. It was 73 that day, Sunday.

On Monday it was 38 degrees and windy when I woke up. Also, I found out that WVU football coach took a job at Michigan. I knew Coach Rod might do something once I left the borders of WV, haha. I think the high was only in the high 50's that day. I brought breakfast TO my family in the room. We went to MK and to EPCOT that day. The crowds were down quite a bit. The castle is so awesome at night!

On Tuesday the temps came back up into the 70's. We went to the MVMCP that night. It was great. The fireworks were 2nd only to the P&P party. The most fun that we had was a dance party near Ariel's Grotto with Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters. My nearly 3 year year old daughter was dressed FULLY like Cinderella. That was fun enough with our 'hosts', but I decided to take one of DD's slippers and offer to try it on one of the stepsisters. That got everyones attention. She played it up HUGE and got her mom and sister involved and the whole place was laughing. My 16 year old DD caught it all on film. It is precious.

Did someone say DREAM SQUAD? We saw them alot ONLY in the first couple hours of MK opening each day. They seemed to like the EXIT to Peter Pan's Flight. Another CM told us that they seem to end up at Soarin' alot, too. We did not receive anything from them but had the BEST time. We stood next to the people who won the night in the castle during the fireworks. We were so happy for them. They had kind of a Royal Purple set of Mickey Ears on. Oh yes, the Christmas parade was outstanding!

Hope this report helps. My 17 month old DS and I had our hair cut at the Harmony Barber Shop. It was an experience NOT to be missed.

I met PIGLET822 on the ferryboat with her boy friend. They were wonderful and it was a treat for us to meet someone from Intercot. We looked for Capt. Jessica Sparrow in the Emporium, but were not fortunate enough to meet her.

Hope you all have great trips in your future.

Disneydoug

ChipnDaleGal
12-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Sounds like you had a really wonderful trip with your family. Love the story of you, the shoe, and the stepsister!:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing your fun with us. :mickey:

Jeff
12-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:
Sorry for you about your Coach but I think he will be great for Michigan.

RedheadWriter
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
:thumbsup: Great day!

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a great trip. We were there at the same time and I must admit, I was cold a few times. Sweatshirts, hats and mittens!! Blankie for the baby too.

AbeeNormal
12-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I loved that you offered your dd's slipper to the sister's that must have just been a riot to see. :mickey:

Glad to hear about Captain Hook's - we will be staying at the Poly as well so thanks for the great heads up. :thumbsup:

What a great report, thanks so much for sharing. :santa:

faline
12-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Wonderful trip! Loved the story about the slipper and the stepsisters! That must be very cute video!

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: