PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island Temporarily closing?

dmosher
12-21-2007, 05:28 PM
After listening to a Pod-cast last night, one of the rumors circulating is that large portions of Pleasure Island will be closed. They pod-cast had no information regarding if this is a complete overhaul or just refurbishment that it so desperately needed.

As long as Adventure's Club isn't touched... I don't mind.

D
:pipes:

JPL
12-21-2007, 09:10 PM
They have been reworking Pleasure Island for the last couple of years so I have no idea why this would be considered a rumour ;) I don't want to discredit the podcast community since some do have good information but others at times just seem to be grasping at straws to fill showtime when they have nothing.
I highly doubt Disney would lose the revenue from all the clubs at once unless they are doing away with them altogether. I would look for invidual clubs to be closed and refurbed one at a time if anything.

Buttercup
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah - haven't they been refurbing it for a while now? The last time we were there, large portions of PI were baracaded off because they were renovating. I don't think that's any late-breaking news!

dmosher
12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Late breaking or not, according to the pod-cast, they are PROJECTED to be closed down again. I know they have been refurbished over the last few years (having been there many times for those closings) however, since this is a "rumor" I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it happening again, not had it happened before. Generally the advanced news on this Pod-cast is reliable and was just hoping someone had heard any news.

:pipes:
D

Figment!
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Significant refurbishments/changes to some of the current venues have recently been announced through limited internal channels.

The announcment has not been cleared for full internal release, but a public announcment is reportedly scheduled for "Early 2008".

Stay tuned ...

kushty
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I think they have to do something special with the place now. For me, I used to prefer it when they had the good old West End Stage. It had lots of atmosphere then, I have seen Blondie, (New Years) B52's (New Years), Robert Palmer and Little Richard on regular nights and all were very good! Not to forget Frankie and the West End Boys who seemed to be there every year we visited.