PDA

View Full Version : A New Puppy...

cperry92380
12-21-2007, 02:22 PM
This is appropriate for the number of people who keep putting their dogs up for adoption and/or dumping them at the shelter when they find out they are going to have kids...

:paw:A New Puppy:paw:

After two long years of being on a waiting list for an agility dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children into rescue this weekend!

The kids are described as:

One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - Her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy & can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training-shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!!! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.
:dog:

tinklover
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
hahahaha that is too funny and yet sad at the same time. I feal as though if you get a dog and then realize you want kids don;t send the dog away take it to training and if you have your spouce briong home an article the baby has been in before you come home with the new baby the dog will be familiar with teh scent , sheesh it isn;t that ahard to car for a dog and a child it is just like having 2 kids and well you don;t get rid of the older shild becaus ea newer one is coming . thanks for posting this

MMouse6937
12-27-2007, 05:05 PM
That was wonderful, I just came across your post! Thanks so much for expressing what I'm amazed by time and time again when I volunteer for the Animal Humane Association here in town. People would be in shock if you assumed that they would dispose of their children but they do it to animals every day. My animals are my children, that's my choice. I just wish that all animals could have the home that we provide, but all too often they are discarded when it's not convenient.

Thanks again!

MsMin
12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Just found this post! Sooooo appropriate at especially at this time of year. My dd works for our neighborhood vet and ppl dump dogs off near his office quite frequently and several with pups.
It drives me crazy when I see ppl selling pets in the Walmart shopping center b/c ,for many, a dog isn't something that should be purchased along w/ a coke and bread. Many pups need a lot of training and attention to shape them into the ideal pet. :dog: We've sold 6 pups over the past 2 years and are still in contact w/ the owners through facebook and the phone. When you get a dog from us you are joining the family ;) We've watched the pups for ppl going out of town and even gone to the vet with them. We want ppl that are that serious about committing to the pup. Chloe has had 2 litters and that's it too. Here's a shot w/ 2 of ours and 2 visitors, Izzie and Roux and those are just fridge magnets scanned on top the pic not actual clothes on the dogs!!

MsMin
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Just found this post! Sooooo appropriate at especially at this time of year. My dd works for our neighborhood vet and ppl dump dogs off near his office quite frequently and several with pups.
It drives me crazy when I see ppl selling pets in the Walmart shopping center b/c ,for many, a dog isn't something that should be purchased along w/ a coke and bread. Many pups need a lot of training and attention to shape them into the ideal pet. :dog: We've sold 6 pups over the past 2 years and are still in contact w/ the owners through facebook and the phone. When you get a dog from us you are joining the family ;) We've watched the pups for ppl going out of town and even gone to the vet with them. We want ppl that are that serious about committing to the pup. Chloe has had 2 litters and that's it too. Here's a shot w/ 2 of ours and 2 visitors, Izzie (http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2265037780083799695PfiZku) and Roux and those are just fridge magnets scanned on top the pic not actual clothes on the dogs!!

Marilyn Michetti
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

I'm laughing out loud, and my Chow, Cody, had to come in to see what's up. (we rescued her off a side walk when she was four weeks old - she's now five, coal black, and shiny as a penny).

BTW, we don't have grandkids, so would be interested in your "adoption" offer.:prince::princess:

SurferStitch
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Great post!!

Our two pups (Genevieve, a Cairn Terrier, and Babette, a Lhasa Apso) are our little princesses, and I could NEVER imagine getting rid of them!

I've had pets all of my life, and it sickens me when I see people give there pets up at the drop of a hat. My pets have always been family members, and a lot of the time we treat them like fellow humans, not "the family pet".

DisneyDog
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
That was very clever.

I know someone who just got a puppy for her kids, gave it to them on Christmas. She had a dog once before and it lasted 2 weeks in her house. She couldn't deal with it so she gave it away to her parents (at least she kept it in the family). She bought the new puppy from a puppy mill in Lancaster, PA. Just makes me want to pull out all of my hair.

We just lost two dogs in the span of a year. We got both from rescue. One lived to be 14 and the other 12 1/2. We were dealing with geriatric dog issues for a year and a half straight. It was awful. But, we love(d) our dogs beyond belief. I would have done anything for them. That's what they deserve. And, by the way, we have a 5 year old son. Yes, you can have both kids and a dog!

cperry92380
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
People who buy puppies from puppy mills and/or pet stores just burn me up!!!!
Don't they KNOW the horrible torture these dogs go through and don't the know about all of the health issues from getting a puppy from this type of ****?!?!?
With all of the information that the internet offers at your very FINGERTIPS... I wonder why people are still so incredibly underinformed about puppy mills/pet stores....
OR... is it they just don't care...
Sad, sad, sad... breaks my heart!!

mjaclyn
01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I purchased my puppy before I had a baby, but even while I was looking for a dog I made sure that I got a breed known for it's friendliness and being good with children. We have a Bichon Frise, and she and our DD 14mos get along like two peas in a pod. I recently read that only 1 in 10 dogs ever find a permanent home, and I think that's terrible. A responsible person should take care of the puppy they get for the entire life of the dog (IMO, unless the dog is deemed a danger to the family). I think another important thing for anyone considering getting a dog is to get one from a reputable breeder and NEVER EVER from a pet shop.