PDA

View Full Version : "Want to SEE Christmas" - Day 4

rcaide
12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Got up at 6:45 today so that we could shower and eat breakfast before we headed to the MK. We ate at the Pop food court. My husband had the adult breakfast platter and I had the ham and cheese omelette and grits. My husband said his food was OK but I thought mine was pretty yucky :ack:. I picked at it and then we were out the door for the bus. We caught a bus right away and went through the early breakfast reservation gate at MK. I was surprised that no one asked us for a reservation number or anything. We checked in for our Mickey's Magical Milestone tour :mickey: and then we walked aroung taking a lot of pictures of a virtually empty Main Street. We spent some time with one of the photographers and he showed my husband some different features on our new camera. Just after park opened, out tour began. It was very fun. We learned a lot about the early history of the company and Mickey's origins. We rode the train ride, went to Toontown, had some one-on-one time with Mickey himself, and enjoyed Philharmagic. At the end we were given a lovely surprise. I don't want to give away too many details but the tour was fun and I recommend it. After the tour, we were a lttle hungry so we stopped at Columbia Harbor House for lunch. My DH had the chicken strips and fries and I had the sandwich with broccoli slaw. It was very tasty. We both enjoyed our meal there. Next we rode the Haunted Mansion (love the upgrades :thumbsup:) We were going to do some more rides but it was hot and crowded so we headed back to the hotel pool instead. We spent an hour or so lounging around and enjoying some down time. Then we got cleaned up and headed to downtown Disney. We had a 5:20 ADR at Captain Jack's. I had the twin lobster tails and Mark had Chicken Alfredo. We both were disappointed with this restaurant. The lobster had a good flavor but it was very rubbery. Mark did not care for his meal at all. We had planned to do a night a PI but instead we decided to head back to the MK for extended hours. We had a blast. We walked on to just about every ride. We watched Wishes and stayed until about 11:30. This was one of the best times we had on the trip. I even managed to squeeze in a Dole Whip Float.:cloud9:

faline
12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Sometimes those last minute plan changes work out best! Glad you had such a great evening in the Magic Kingdom!

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the tour you took but it sounds like it was fun!

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
The next time my daughter and I head to WDW we are going to concentrate on doing tours. The one you were on sounds wonderful. A great day for your two and I am so glad you enjoyed the EMH at Magic Kingdom. Nothing better than walking right on all the good rides! :thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM
:)Yay for Dole Whip Floats! Glad you had a great night at MK

pdrlkr
12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
You two are troopers, 6:45am to 11:30pm, that's a 17 hour day and you had a blast on top of it all, what a great day. :cloud9:

I am sorry to hear about your dissapointing meal though, hopefully everything else will make up for it. ;)