PDA

View Full Version : We are getting a puppy today!!

buzznwoodysmom
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
My kids have been begging for a puppy for years now. DH and I finally caved in and we are picking up our puppy today after I pick them up from school. They have no idea they are getting a puppy. We told them we are going pick up an early Christmas present after school today, but they think it is a toy. It is a 7 week old miniature dachshund and we hope to name him Dash. They picked out a dog just like this at a pet shop a few months ago and fell in love with it. They named him Dash in the store and still talk about "Dash" from time to time. They are going to be so excited!!!!!!!

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
No doubt Dash will be the most exciting Christmas gift this year at your house! I hope you all fall in love with each other this afternoon. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
That's awesome! I hope your family enjoys many years with your new puppy. Your kids are gonna flip...:D

CleveSJM
12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Congrats! We are also close to pulling the trigger on a puppy. Probably next summer after vacation...

I've read a bunch of good stuff by Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer. He has a blog on pets.yahoo.com that is fantastic.

Enjoy! :pluto::dog::tree:

faline
12-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Your kids will be so excited! I'll bet Dash will be a great addition to your family!

SgtTigger
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Very nice Denise.........

Ill bet Dash will just love those kids too......

:cop: :tigger:

Jeff G
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats! A new puppy for Christmas will be an extra special treat fo the kids.

RenDuran
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh, how much fun! Our kids want a puppy too, so they'll be jealous to hear this post! Enjoy your pup!

pink
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
They're going to be so excited, that's such a great present. Good Luck with your new puppy! :mickey:

MsMin
12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
:clappy: :present: Sounds so exciting. Nothing is more fun than a new puppy for Christmas.... :dog:
Sending puppy kisses from our gang here to your new addition. Love the name too. Hope to see pics soon. What color did you get???

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Have lots of fun with the new addition!!

buzznwoodysmom
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Well we got our puppy. The boys were so surprised. They just kept saying, "Is this really OUR puppy?", "Do we really get to take him home with us?" And they did indeed name him Dash. We took him to our vet this morning for a new puppy check up and he is a healthy little guy. He loves to play and cuddle and the boys just love him. Beth, he is black and tan and cute all over!

mrsgaribaldi
12-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Congratulations on your new family member. I hope he has a long and healthy life. I can't wait to see some pics:mickey:

Momof2boys
12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
That's so great, Denise ! What a wonderful addition to your family - and Dash is such a cute name :)

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
That's so cute!

Side note: this post is in no way related to this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122058)post, is it? What are the odds that there are two dachshund named Dash threads at the same time??

buzznwoodysmom
12-25-2007, 12:09 AM
BronxTigger,

There are indeed two threads about two different miniature dachshunds named Dash. Can you believe that. Intercot minds think alike. I had only one rule for my kids when naming the dog. It had to be a disney related name. Dash worked just fine, its disney related and Incredibles is one of their favorite Disney movies.