PDA

View Full Version : New Japan Restaurant???

artyboy
12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Yo!

I haven't made ADR's for any of my lunches for this up-coming surprise trip...planning on hitting Brown Derby and trying the Yak and Yeti...but without reservations...might work...might be a disaster...but we'll have fun regardless.

Has anyone been to the new Japan restaurant in Epcot?

...is it even open yet?

Good?

Not so good?

Walk-up-able?

:mickey:

Figment!
12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Both of the new restaurants opened in Early October.

If you search this forum for "Teppan Edo" (replaced Teppanyaki Dining Room) and "Tokyo Dining" (replaced Tempura Kiku and Matsunoma Lounge) , you should be able to find some reviews. :thumbsup:

artyboy
12-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks Jason!

I leave in 3 days...can't wait!:mickey:

plumberswife
12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
My husband & I just came back from a 2 week stay at the BCV's. We ate at Japan, Teppan Edo twice while we were there. It was definately one of the best couple of meals we had, We each ordered a drink, salad w/ginger dressing and we both had the steak w/shrimp. The cook was very entertaining and the food was excellant. I would definately suggest trying this. We didn't know the first time we went that if you had an annual pass that you get 10% off so the bill was over 100.00, the second time we went we used our annual pass discount and the bill was around 80.00. Very expensive but worth the experience.

disneylovinmom
12-24-2007, 01:35 PM
We ate at Teppan Edo on 12/19 for lunch and it was very good. Even my 13 year old DD loved it. We had the Sushi sampler as our appetizer and it was good. My DH and I had the steak and chicken and my daughter had the chicken. It was not as impressive a "show" as Benihana's, but still very entertaining.

grego77
12-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Teppan Edo is awesome. I love hibachi style food, and honestly was not planning to go, but that was the only place left with a CP package. I had the chicken and steak...it was great. Only complaint is I wish we had choice of either Udon noodles OR rice. The udon noodles are OK with the hibachi food, but white rice is much better (and better for you).

Overall it was a blast, and I REALLY enjoyed it! :mickey:

dmallan
12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
A question for those who have eaten lunch at Teppan Edo...are the prices less for lunch?
The menus posted on {another site} and info central only list one set of prices, unlike most other restaurants which have separate lunch prices.

dmallan
12-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Actually, info central does have both a lunch menu and a dinner menu posted, but they are for the old Teppanyaki restaurant. I assume Teppan Edo has an updated menu with updated prices.

plumberswife
12-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, I believe that most of the restaurants are cheaper for lunch than they are for dinner. We
choose to eat our big meal at lunch due to the price difference and for dinner we usually do a counter service.