PDA

View Full Version : How many Park photos in one trip?

SoaringEpcot
12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I was just wondering how many pictures everyone takes when they go. In 2005 when we went we had just gotten our digital camera with a huge 128MB SD card (so we thought). Well that only held about 70 pictures so that was all that we took.

Then last year I bought a 1GB SD card for cheaper than the 128MB card was just two years eariler. This time we took our computer to clear off the drive each day and we ended up with 715 pictures.

DW kept saying, "Stop taking pictures of the scenery and take some of your family."

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-21-2007, 09:33 AM
:party: My first trip I took four and a half 24 exposure rolls (around 100 photos) but only about two and a half on my second trip. (50-60)

brianlw71
12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Just got back from 16 day trip and took around 1200 pictures.

DizHawk
12-21-2007, 10:13 AM
We just got back from a seven day trip and took about 850 pictures. I love digital.

Samtastic
12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Last time we took probably around 300-350, only about 25 had the two of us together. This time I'm going with a video camera to record some things for my nephew and focus on taking pics of the two of us outside and inside attractions instead of us seperate or just scenary.

CzepielCrew
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I just got back. Went last week of November. Took 698 pictures!:)

wjrhw
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
It might sound crazy, but I usually take at least a couple thousand. In 2005 we had a large group of family with us and I took 3,600+. I am slowing with the pictures now that we are going twice a year.

I use the scenery pictures as screen savers at work. They remind me why I have to work such long hours.;)

Lightning McQueen
12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
We came back with about 85 photopass pics on our card and probably 100 on our digital.

dizneeat
12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
We just got back from an 8 night trip to the world on Dec 9th and I took 2500 photos (last time we were there was in August with 3600 photos). Last weekend we went to the Tower of Terror pre-opening for APholders in Paris and I managed to snap 313 photos in 36 hours!
Thank god for digital photography!!

FenwayGirl
12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
:tigger:Last trip (jan 06 -before digital camera) we took 450 pictures with our 35 MM plus 130 on the photo pass. We were traveiling with 4 first time WDW travelers...

We leave in less than a month, now armed with digital camera and enough memory to take thousands of pics!!:tigger::tigger::tigger:

berri_boo
12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Last year I took roughly 1,600 pictures, DH took about 500 and photopass was 214. (we were there for 15 days)

This year was slightly different: I took about 900, DH took about 40 and photopass was 689!(we were there for 17 days)

TBone
12-21-2007, 09:06 PM
SoaringEpcot, we had the same problem, so I bought a 4GB card for our last trip. Then I only ended up taking three or four dozen pictures.

missbunny
12-21-2007, 10:43 PM
My dh loves to take pictures. We end up with close to a 1000 each trip. He uses a digital camera but now we take the laptop and download the pictures each night.
He takes more pictures of the scenery than me, but I hate having my picture taken.
I use the pictures as screensavers too.

brogan54
12-21-2007, 11:45 PM
went in oct 2 weeks and took 1200 pics:party:

Magic Smiles
12-22-2007, 02:26 AM
We just got back from 17 days in WDW and I do not yet know how many digital pictures I took. In 2006 I took approx 3000. I was using three different cameras this time including one video camera which also takes great stills. I only wish that my DS and DH were understanding of how much I enjoy taking photos. It drives them crazy and makes for more than a few discussions! We managed to get 155 photo pass pictures of which I had to fight for probably 150 of.

pook@wdw
12-22-2007, 05:23 PM
You simply cannot take too many pics of WDW ! I love to scrapbook each trip. So in addtion to collecting every napkin, receipt, card, guide map, etc...I usually averaged 400-500 pics (on regular film). I've not used a digital camera yet, so the sky's the limit there. I do, however, like to use a dvd camcorder, and used 5 discs last trip and plan on more the next time around. LOVE THE MOUSE!

comicguy
12-22-2007, 05:37 PM
717 on the last trip

techgeek
12-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm horrible. Only 16 last trip;(

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Just got back last night and we took about 750 pictures. I started to download each day so I never had to worry about running out of space on my 1gb card, but that didn't last long. I think I did a couple days and then just grouped them all together. My DH and I hate having our pix taken but Katy and Keara do. But I still got more WDW pix than of the fam.

mickey&missy
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I took like 740 pictures plus about 80 photopass. I LOVE my digital camera. I love to just click away and delete what I don't like. I also love to play with them with the kodak software that came with it and my new favorite thing, paint shop.

dmosher
12-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Truthfully, this depends on the person and the weather.

I have gone to WDW 34 times and every time I always run out of space for pics and video.
I remember when the memory cards were much smaller and I a rather large card now and still run out of space.

I have taken anywhere from 280 pictures in one trip and as little a 40.

As a backup, Disney allows you to backup your digital pics onto CD's for a fee (not sure what it is now) which I have had to do and while it is a little expensive, it can be worth it and you have a permanent backup of your pics.

:pipes:
D

DDuck66
12-24-2007, 09:12 AM
We just went for Friday and Saturday (12/14 to 12/15) and had over 300 of our own pictures not counting the 90+ pictures on our photopass. We probably would have had more except that we used our digital movie option during the CP. I have to get my own camera as my DW always hogs the camera. I might have took three pictures!!!

#1donaldfan
12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Good question......ummmmm..... I'd say around 50 to 100.....with many more that are deleted ( the ones we don't like).....our camera is out all the time.....don't know why we even carry a camera bag.......oh well.....there's always something new to "click" at......:thumbsup:

King Triton
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
The last two trips we took in the mid-300 range for a 10-12 day trip.

This is kinda interesting (to me anyway): Suppose you assume that one picture is taken of the castle every two seconds. I think that's pretty fair...perhaps even conservative. Also suppose that this is only during daylight hours, so as an average we'll say from 9 in the morning to 7 at night. That would work out to 18,000 pictures of the castle every day and over 6.5 million pictures per year! And that's conservative...it doesn't include night time or event pictures

Nurse Kim
12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
My husband just bought me a new digital camera with awesome zoom. We have one but not good enough for our first trip in March. I am glad I stumbled across this post because my husband told me our memory card was big enough when I mentioned I should buy another one to take along. We are taking our laptop to unload each day when we go back to the house but I am camera happy anyway and this is our first trip with our 3 children so I know we will have tons of photos.

King Triton
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
My husband just bought me a new digital camera with awesome zoom. We have one but not good enough for our first trip in March. I am glad I stumbled across this post because my husband told me our memory card was big enough when I mentioned I should buy another one to take along. We are taking our laptop to unload each day when we go back to the house but I am camera happy anyway and this is our first trip with our 3 children so I know we will have tons of photos.

If you're bringing your laptop along to access the internet, or keep up with emails, work, etc....that's fine, but if the only reason you're bringing it is to dump your photo card, it's a LOT easier to just get another photo card or two. They're getting quite cheap now...I sometimes see 2Gb cards around $20 or so.

kushty
12-27-2007, 11:29 AM
probably 2 - 300!! Just of the parks!! and the crazy thing is, mostly the same stuff every year!!

Von-Drake
12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
A few years ago, we took a 4 day trip and returned with a little over 900 on my camera, my dad had just under 400 on his. After several trips there I, like some other have posted, found myself taking pictures of the same things each visit. Now unless something is new or truly unique, I try to restrict myself to only pictures with family or friends in it. And with a 4 1/2 year old, that still leaves plenty of pictures to be taken. We have a 9 day trip coming up in 2008, I am comfortably stocked in SD Cards and will have the laptop to download and categorize each night as needed.

Magic Smiles
01-05-2008, 01:07 AM
We just got back from 17 days in WDW and I do not yet know how many digital pictures I took. In 2006 I took approx 3000. I was using three different cameras this time including one video camera which also takes great stills. I only wish that my DS and DH were understanding of how much I enjoy taking photos. It drives them crazy and makes for more than a few discussions! We managed to get 155 photo pass pictures of which I had to fight for probably 150 of.

I finally loaded all of my photos onto my computer.
17 Days in WDW = 6500 photos and 14 hours of video.

We also did IOA, Universal Studios, Sea World and Coco Beach, so in my defense, they were not ALL of WDW.

princessjojo
01-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I finally loaded all of my photos onto my computer.
17 Days in WDW = 6500 photos and 14 hours of video.
HOLY COW!!! How long did it take you to look through all of those pictures.

I found out after our 2004 trip with our first digital camera how easy it was to click pictures of everything and before you know it, you have tons of pics. It cost us $200 to have our pics printed at a discount location. Just curious though, how many fingure in the cost of printing these pics into their budget. We have started this since that trip and budget $350 now each trip for this alone since we like pics of everything...

disneyworld55925592
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
:laughing:We usually go for only about 4 nights and we still end up with a couple hundred

GrumpyFan
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
In September, for our 5 day trip, with 15 of us, we had 3 cameras including my son's Nikon D70 (he's an amateur photog). Between the 3 of us, we had over 2500! However, only about 500 or so that were good enough to use for a scrapbook. Many were out of focus or too bright or dark or blurry. In Feb with just my own camera, with just my wife and I, we took about 650 pictures on our 4 day trip. Of those pictures, probably about 100 were good enough to use.

Ian
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I have a 2GB memory card for my camera and this last trip I took 340 pictures and probably shot 10 videos.

We also got about 50 Photo Pass pictures taken, as well, and DW probably shot another 50 on her "old-school film camera."

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 02:50 PM

I found out after our 2004 trip with our first digital camera how easy it was to click pictures of everything and before you know it, you have tons of pics. It cost us $200 to have our pics printed at a discount location. Just curious though, how many fingure in the cost of printing these pics into their budget. We have started this since that trip and budget $350 now each trip for this alone since we like pics of everything...

I take a TON of photos also. But, I don't print all of them. A place near me has 15 cent prints if you get 100 prints. Each print costs more (29 cents each) if you only get a few. So I'll usually find 100 photos to print, but that's only about $15.

The rest I leave in folders on the computer and back them up digitally.

Magic Smiles
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM

BUDGET ........bad word........
From past trips I have printed at least 1000 if not 2000 photos. I print a lot of them in 5 x 7 as well as the standard 4 x 6 size. I usually wait until Blacks Photography has a special then get a few hundred printed at a time.
Out of my 6500, I would say that somewhere between 5000 - 6000 are good shots. I was using 3 new cameras this trip - an Olympus E-510 with 3 different lens, an Olympus Stylus 790 SW, which is waterproof and a SONY HDR HC7 camcorder which also takes great stills, even while recording.
I managed to get some great video with the 790 SW while going down the water slides at Blizzard Beach. This trip I was trying to get some good firework shots and night time parade shots. This is where my worst photos are, but the good ones I did manage to get of the fireworks and parades are really good. Probably would have been better had I not just bought the cameras before the trip. I have not yet watched any of the video taken this trip with the camcorder - hopefully it turned out.

KateMW
01-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I am taking my D40 with me, which takes great pictures. So, I'm hoping that I'll take a ton. I'm going to take my laptop with me and dump them off the camera every couple of days, just in case something happens to the camera. I have 500 prepaid prints at Snapfish right now. I think they end up being 5 cents or something a print. I am bad to take a ton of pictures, but not print them. So, my plan for WDW is to have them made into a coffee table book (or two). I did that with my christmas pictures and love it:mickey:!

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
BUDGET ........bad word........
From past trips I have printed at least 1000 if not 2000 photos. I print a lot of them in 5 x 7 as well as the standard 4 x 6 size. I usually wait until Blacks Photography has a special then get a few hundred printed at a time.

Okay....curious over here. You print a few hundred per trip or 1000-2000 per trip? Also, what do you do with the printed photos?

Magic Smiles
01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay....curious over here. You print a few hundred per trip or 1000-2000 per trip? Also, what do you do with the printed photos?

Between our 2005 and 2006 trip I have printed between 1000 - 2000. What do I do with them? Well I would love to say that they end up in my scrapbooks that I buy also...........but since I have only completed 15 pages, I have to say they are sorted in a very large photo box and a few albums.......maybe a few more than a few albums. I have some really nice albums that hold 5 x 7 prints.
After this trip my BIG plans are to make a book. There is a really neat website where you can design and create your own book, then they print and bind it for you. Whether or not I ever get it done, who knows? I also hope to edit my video and make some DVDs. Most of the video is of the parades, fireworks and a few of the rides like EE, BTMRR, POC, IASW and Splash Mountain.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
In our day trips I can fill up a 2gb card (about 300 pics for my cam)... when we stay out there, I have to dump at least once a day... when we stayed in sept for 2 nights, I took 1581 pics--that's just what I kept, not including what I deleted.

we are going for 4 nights this month and again am bringing the laptop and external HD to dump (plus do some school work on as classes start for me Monday)... i can only imagine how many i will take then... plus we are doing the BBB and it is for her birthday. :)

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 01:32 AM
A couple of thousand pics each trip.

Here we go again...
01-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm horrible. Only 16 last trip;(

And you call yourself a Techgeek :shake: :D

We take about 500-600 per trip. Some are the same shots over and over again, but I sill still stop and take a picture of ToT and the Castle every time... I keep hoping for that perfect shot.

Victor Kelly
01-06-2008, 11:07 AM
For WDW, Universal, Seaworld, and just Orlando in general I took 1500, plust about 24 hours of video.

I am slowing down on this stuff though. I spend more time taking pictures than anything else.

luvdiznee
01-06-2008, 11:13 AM
700 pictures on our very first trip. The number has goes down a bit from there. But still love it. :mickey:

rnin02
01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
On our most recent trip (sept. 2007) I took about 1450 that we kept. But I start taking pictures at the airport, and finish at the airport too. I have a photo printer at home that I use to print them, and sometimes I upload them to Snapfish or Walmart for printing. I don't print alot of the pictures though, because I am so far behind in my scrapbooks.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
My suggestion is take a lot of pictures. The picture you don't take is the one you will regret not having. I believe that you can get pictures burned to CD at some of the photo pass stations. This will give you the ability to fill and unload one memory card many times throughout the trip. Overall I return to my advise click, click, click and then when you get home you will have all the pictures to sort through and fill your scrapbooks.

Alpha Jeanie
01-10-2008, 05:07 PM
During our last 7 day visit, I took over 700 pictures. There are so many special memories made at Disney that you just have to capture. The kids really enjoy looking at all of our pictures and planning for our next trip.