PDA

View Full Version : Poynesian--Tahiti building experience

disneydoug
12-21-2007, 08:31 AM
We just returned on the 19th. We did not request a specific building at the Polynesian and were placed in the Tahiti building. The building was very clean and the rooms were HUGE compared to the other resorts we have stayed in. We have stayed in almost all of them.

It was a very quick walk to the TTC. We took the ferry boat, Express monorail to MK and monorail to EPCOT several times each. It was very quiet at Tahiti. If you walked outside at night, it was a great view of MK fireworks.

It was quite a walk to the GCH. Breakfast at Captain Cook's was great!

Doug

Trakar
12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Thank you for posting! After reading the posts that were not so positive, I was doubting my decision to possible stay at the Poly! Was your room just a garden view room? Or did you upgrade when you made your reservation? I will keep the Tahiti building on my planning list!!

SurferStitch
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
We had a great experience in the Tokelau building during our trip 12/6-12/17. Our room was enormous, and we loved having the extra space, especially with all of our luggage we brought. We had room 3941, and we could see the castle from our balcony! It was also a short walk to the TTC.

Overall, we were very happy, but there were some minor things that kind of disappointed us:

1. Bathroom only had one sink and one mirror. I thought all deluxe rooms had two of each, and having only one made getting ready in the morning a little bit of an olympic event at times. That was a let down.

2. Wallpaper was torn off in one spot in the bathroom. I would think this would have been repaired when it happened. Looked a little shabby.

3. Mousekeeping was so-so. The room was kept clean, but we also straightened up each morning and made the job easier for the staff. They never touched the shower/tub the entire 12 days we were there. I know that because a couple times I left empty shower gel bottles in the shower, and they never removed them, nor did they ever clean the accumulating soap goop that we had on the soap dish. At the Flo, they would throw out any soaps/bottles whether or not it was needed, and replaced everything with new items each morning. Never got one towel creature, but that's no biggie. We tipped nicely every day.

That's about it. Other than that stuff, if was a very nice stay. The CM who checked us in was so sweet, and really made us feel welcome. Good thing we asked for our $75 dining gift card, or else we never would have gotten it.

The foliage was beautiful, but they had A LOT of dead flowers (Bird of Paradise) that really needed to be removed. We also had some very low hanging bamboo trees that blocked the parts of the outer stairwell from a storm that blew through one night, and they never removed them.

The pool was great, and it was nice to sit on the ledge and look out over the lagoon at the castle.

We would stay there again, but it still doesn't begin to reach the level of the Flo. The Poly was very nice, whereas the Flo is opulent.

PetefromRI
12-22-2007, 09:27 AM
We stayed in Tahiti in 2001.We had a lagoon view and believe me when I say,it was the most beautiful,relaxing time we've had at Disney.It would probably be my choice again when we go back to the Poly,either lagoon view or garden view.