PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the fridge charge "per day"?

Buttercup
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I am going to the World from Sunday May 11th until Sunday May 18th.
We have requested a fridge for the week, and I know that it's $10.00 per day (due at check in).

Here's my question:
We won't be arriving at the resort until sometime around 5pm on May 11th...
... and we'll be checking out of the resort at about 7am on May 18th.

Will I be charged a full $10.00 for both those days, even though they're not full days for us? I will need the fridge during these "half-days" because we are keeping baby bottles/food etc. in our hotel room.

I don't understand why they don't charge on a "per night" basis instead, the way the hotel room charge is done.
:confused::confused::confused:

buzznwoodysmom
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
The last time we rented one for our room was in May of 2006 and from what I recall we did pay per night, not per day. We stayed for 7 nights and I am almost positive we paid $70.00.

vicster
12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Where do they charge for a fridge? We've stayed at WL and CBR and didn't get charged for a fridge.

BronxTigger
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Where do they charge for a fridge? We've stayed at WL and CBR and didn't get charged for a fridge.

The Values charge for a fridge. That's one of the reasons they are a value. Moderate level and higher has the fridge included in the (higher) price.

vicster
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
The Values charge for a fridge. That's one of the reasons they are a value. Moderate level and higher has the fridge included in the (higher) price.

Aha - I see. So I actually did pay for it with the higher room charge! Thanks.

PirateLover
12-21-2007, 01:35 AM

This is only a recent occurrence though. You used to have to rent a fridge at all level of accommodations at one point. I don't really understand why they don't include a fridge in the Values. I've stayed at motels much cheaper than WDW Values that provide decent sized fridges. I had to get one at POP on our last visit for my meds and honestly it's so small you can't fit very much into it. In my opinion it's just a way to nickel and dime people. Sorry for the little bit of a rant there :blush:

Here we go again...
12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
I am going to the World from Sunday May 11th until Sunday May 18th.
We have requested a fridge for the week, and I know that it's $10.00 per day (due at check in).

Here's my question:
We won't be arriving at the resort until sometime around 5pm on May 11th...
... and we'll be checking out of the resort at about 7am on May 18th.

Will I be charged a full $10.00 for both those days, even though they're not full days for us? I will need the fridge during these "half-days" because we are keeping baby bottles/food etc. in our hotel room.

I don't understand why they don't charge on a "per night" basis instead, the way the hotel room charge is done.
:confused::confused::confused:

Just a tip:
The fridge is small and square. It should be fine to hold bottles or formula, but not much more.

The settings on them are usually set to the coldest setting when they put it in the room. I put my medicine in and went to the park... when I came back, my injection was frozen.
Just make sure it is not on the highest setting before you leave the room.

Buttercup
12-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, we're not trying to store giant meals or anything. Just bottles of formula and maybe a couple jars of baby food. We're planning on eating out the whole week! :)

BeccaO
12-21-2007, 09:08 AM
This is actually a question I was going to ask today. So, if we are staying at the GF, the fridge in the room that they have the mini-bar stuff in is the "fridge" that we can use. Or, do we need to request another?

KylesMom
12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Just a tip:
The fridge is small and square. It should be fine to hold bottles or formula, but not much more.
The settings on them are usually set to the coldest setting when they put it in the room. I put my medicine in and went to the park... when I came back, my injection was frozen.
I'm curious if you were given one of the "medical" refrigerators versus the normal fridges that you can rent (or provided to you in a moderate or deluxe). The reason I'm curious is this:

In a standard refrigerator at WL, we can fit a case of beer, three refillable mugs, cheese, yogurt and a few other things. The refrigerators we have always gotten are more rectangular in shape and are the size of a college dorm-type. We've always found, dating back to our first stay in 2000, that the refrigerators have been more than adequate for our needs and we've always had plenty of room for our beverages and breakfast foods.

As to the original post, we always paid on a per-night basis - not per day.

#1donaldfan
12-21-2007, 01:46 PM
We've never been charged for one at POR and they are more than adequate for what we need it for.....h2o, coke, and maybe some milk...oh, yeah, maybe some left over dessert from dinner (which never gets eaten...just like home)......:thumbsup:

vamaggie
12-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, we're not trying to store giant meals or anything. Just bottles of formula and maybe a couple jars of baby food. We're planning on eating out the whole week! :)

If you don't need to store that much, you may want to consider getting(or packing if you can) a cooler, and use the ice machine ice to keep things cool.

Buttercup
12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah, you only pay for the fridge at the Values. We just wanted to stay at the Pop Century again because it's fun for the kids and even with the fridge charge it was still going to be cheaper than the Mod Resorts.
All the lucky folks at the Mods & Deluxe Resorts get a fridge included in their room no matter what. :mickey:

I've seen the fridges at the Mods before - they are rectangular, like a bar/beer fridge... I assumed that's what they would give me at the Pop... but even if it's just a small square one, that'll do for us.

I don't want the hassle of having to pack a cooler since we're coming on an airplane with 9-million other pieces of baby & preschooler parephrenalia to deal with. I'll gladly fork over the ten-bucks a day and have a fridge in my room!

Thanks everybody for the help!