PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Lunch Review

tinkerbell04
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
It has been a few trip since we ate here and the kids love the atmosphere, so this was their request. We ate here for lunch on the day that we were flying home.

There were 6 people in our party, 4 adults and 2 kids. We were on the dining plan and had an ADR.

We arrived about 15 minutes before our ADR, checked in and were asked which type of table we preferred, the table seating, the booth style seating or the picnic table seating in the back. The kids wanted the traditional car seating and she said that she would seat us pretty close to our ADR time. If we wanted the table seating, she could seat us now. The kids were willing to wait, so we did and were seated about 5 minutes before our reservation time. Our hostess was wearing roller skates and the kids hadn't seen that the last time so they thought that was neat.

When we were seated, the waitress quickly came up and asked us if we were ready. We pretty much were so she took out entire order, from drinks to dessert. Then our appetizers came out about 5 minutes before our drinks. It was not fun eating onion rings and spinach dip with no drinks!

For appetizers, we ordered
1 onion ring
1 chili
1 BLT soup
1 spinach dip
2 kids salads
The kids salads arrived with their entrees
The appetizers were good, but like I said difficult to enjoy without a beverage.

For entrees, which arrived just after our drinks. In fact, the server asked us to pick up our appetizer plates so that she could put down our entrees and then she took them from us.
We ordered
4 burgers
1 pizza
1 hot dog
The burgers weren't as good as they used to be. A little over cooked and the fries were overdone. They fries there used to be awesome crinkle cut fries, now they aren't! Refills were offered and filled quickly.

For dessert, we ordered
2 Hot Fudge sundaes
1 Cheesecake
1 Apple pie
2 kids sundaes
The desserts were the best part of the whole meal. They were delicious.

As others on here will agree, the atmosphere here is great and the kids love it. However, the food was mediocre, not bad but it sure used to be better. We came here for the kids and they probably would love to go back! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the review. My DH really wants to try here, so we have lunch booked on our next trip...I'm not sure about this one, and glad you had a fairly good experience.

Tigger&Stitch
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, the food there is usually mediocre, but the atmosphere is sooo cool! It's a must-do for us each trip. :)

We go there for dinner and buy the alocoholic drinks that taste like milkshakes (name escapes me right now) - 1 each. So tasty and you get a glowing "ice cube"!

SgtTigger
12-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the report.....

I love to eat there and we did not get the chance in Nov. so now I have to wait a year.....

:cop: :tigger:

snowflakegirl
12-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the review.

I've always loved the place purely for the atmosphere. We're going this summer and I'm sure this will be one of our stops because my parents are joining us this time for their first visit in 11 years and my father loves this place.

DH and I were there a few years ago for our honeymoon. My food, like yours was mediocre... the desert was the best part. But DH had the ribs and said that they're some of the best ribs he's ever had...He liked them so much he asked our server if there was a way to get the recipe. (Our server came back with the recipe cards for the sauce, the spice rub, and the way to prepare the ribs. Of course I haven't done this for DH yet and this was four years ago now!)

Tigger&Stitch
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Mmmmm...."note to self:must try the ribs next time!!!"
:mickey:

JPL
12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
This one place that I love the atmosphere and concept yet after multiple attempts eating there, I can honestly say I have not had a single good meal :sick: or service experience :mad: I actually gave up after about 10 tries.

brogan54
12-21-2007, 11:47 PM
i too love the atmosphere but the food was mediocre at best and the sevice was awful :(

MickeyMousse
12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
While there on our last trip we had terrific service and the food was great! :thumbsup: It was lunch, and we had the yummy onion rings and we all had burgers and shakes. The food was hot and served in a timely manner. Our waiter was right on top of drink refills and checking in if we had needed anything. It has always been our family favorite and a must do every trip. We never had a bad experience.

Sinewiz
12-24-2007, 12:50 PM
The atmosphere is first rate, the service the two times I've been there was satisfactory to good, and the food was just average. (Hey, it's just a hamburger joint) ;)

mousaholic
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
We go on each trip and have always had EXCELLENT service and the food has always been great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darbylew
12-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't think the food is all that great for the
price. Unless you have a reservation ahead of
time it is very hard to get in. It is ok but not
my favorite place to eat. :)

Jared
12-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you had solid experience at a relatively unpopular restaurant.

I love the atmosphere at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, but I wouldn't return unless I was with a newcomer. Everyone should have the opportunity to see the theming and atmosphere, despite the lackluster food. Having eaten there once, I now prefer to spend my money at places with better fare.

:tasty:

Hull-onian
12-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Is there a phone number for Disney that we (Intercotee's) can call and give them a restaurant review to tell them that we would like the food and service to be improved? I think that there would be a customer service number. :twocents:

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the review. We really like Sci-Fi. I love their fun atmosphere and have always had great food.

KarenP
12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for your review.

We love the atmosphere at Sci-Fi. Have always had decent service and just okay food.

luvdiznee
12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
We were here a few weeks ago and as I said in my report, I loved their chili! And DD loved her tomato soup. But we had been here before and have had good food then. This is going to become a must do for us, at least for lunch. Especially when I bring my sister and her family who have NEVER been to Disney. :mickey: