PDA

View Full Version : SURV_Dis.Vill9.UponUs.222

DizneyFreak2002
12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Can you believe it??? The 9th edition of Disney Villains survivor is upon on... Look for the next edition to start after the new year... Last edition I let each round last 1 week... I think I am going back to the previous way I ran the contest, allowing voting to last only 3 days.... I thought 1 week per round was too much....

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas or anything that they feel will make this an even more fun poll, please feel free to post here or IM me....

Other than that, 9 is upon_us.222......

Greenlawler
12-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Are you still going to host the ultimate villans tournament?

DizneyFreak2002
12-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Are you still going to host the ultimate villans tournament?

Yes, once I complete Survivor 9.... I am still trying to find the best way to do the ultimate tournament, but with the holidays here, I haven't had much time...

DDuck66
12-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes, once I complete Survivor 9.... I am still trying to find the best way to do the ultimate tournament, but with the holidays here, I haven't had much time...

I can't wait for BOTH of them!! I still think that a round of 32 would be great for the tournament style, single elimination. You could have two regions, one for live action and one for animated.

Greenlawler
12-28-2007, 02:20 AM
The problem with two brackets, one for live and one for animated would be that there are 3 times as many classic animated villans that are recognizable names. Many of the live villans would be lost on voters. I would suggest you mix them up. I mean you would have most of the favorites in one bracket if it was done that way. Hook, Malficent, Jafar, Snow Queen, Oogie Boogie, etc.... all in one bracket. Then the fianls would come down to animated vs live action and that is not what its about. If you start with 32 almost half of them would have to be from the animated classics and full length animated productions.
Hook, Maleficent, Snow Queen, Prince John, Frollo, Sheriff of Notingham, Ursala, Jafar, Cruella, Gaston, Scar, Headless Horseman, Horned King, Lady Tremaine, Gov Ratcliff, Shun Yu, Shere Kahn, Oogie Boogie, Chernabog, Rattigan, Bowler Hat Guy, thats 21 right there and we have not covered all the classics. I think you could easily get 35 just from the classics. that would leave 29 to split amongst the live action villans like Davy Jones and Disney television villans from shows like Kim Possible and even classic Disney shorts like the Big Bad Wolf and Pete and comic strip villans like the Beagle Boys.
I guess 64 would be the best way, run 4 contests simultaniously every three days. I would even seed the tournament just like the NCAA.

DizneyFreak2002
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Once January comes around, and I start the 9th Survivor, I will try to come up with a way to do a NCAA style tournament...

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Expect to see the next edition of SURVIVOR: Disney Villains start in February... I am working on the list for the 9th edition... Since I already used most of the big name villains, you should expect to see the second and third tier villains dominate this list....I have a feeling I am going to have to start recycling through used villains..... However, if and when I do, I will not use villains who already won.. I am saving them for a special edition.... And for those of you wondering, I am still trying to figure out a way to do the ultimate villain tournament...