PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go during Mardi Gras before?

Mrs.Mya
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, we got back from our last trip about 3 weeks ago, and of course, like most of you, are planning on another trip. We have decided to go during Mardi Gras Feb 2009, which will be end of Feb. Here in Louisiana, we get off for 2 days, so we have decided to take the kids out of school for 3 more. Has anyone else been during Mardi Gras before? How are the crowds, weather, etc. We will never again go during Thanksgiving, so any less crowds will be an improvement. :blush: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Scott C
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
We did that a few years ago. Being from Indiana we had no idea that it would be that big of a deal. Supposedly there is a small spike in attendance, but nothing like Thanksgiving. We still had a great time. It was one of our least crowded trips

Thanks
Scott C

buzznwoodysmom
12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
We were in WDW the week before Mardi Gras this year. While the beginning of the week was great the end really picked up crowd wise. The weather was also great at the beginning of the trip, but freezing by the weekend. We were also just there Thanksgiving week and we actually prefered Thanksgiving week to our Feb. trip. And keep in mind this was the week before Mardi Gras. I don't know if you were in Epcot the Friday after Thanksgiving, but is was packed. The Saturday before Mardi Gras was just as packed in Epcot. We found the weather to be much more pleasant for Thanksgiving and the added bonus of the Christmas decorations made for a near perfect trip. So perfect we are hoping to go back again next Thanksgiving. If you do decide to visit during Mardi Gras I hope it is not as crowded as when we went and the weather is a little warmer. Other than that, just remember a bad time in WDW is better than time spent anywhere else.

Here we go again...
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
We went a couple of years ago and will be back this year.
The parks were more crowded than I expected. I did not realize how many people get away from here for Mardi Gras... it was a sea of purple, green and gold in the parks.

Our last Mardi Gras trip (and this coming one also) was combined with the National Dance Competition at Wide World of Sports. I am sure the dance teams add a lot to the crowd.

I will say that it is not as bad as Thanksgiving though. There are lots of people but the lines for the rides are not too bad. Not the resorts will be a different thing.... lots of people and kids in the food courts trying to eat and get to practice or competition.

Like I always say, plan for the worst but hope for the best.

bshaw96
12-21-2007, 09:26 PM
We'll be there the 8-15 in 08, think that overlaps somewhat with Mardi Gras, but I could be wrong. Personally, seeing as we always go in the summer, I can't wait! Give me cold over 110degree heat indexes and Florida humidity anyday, lol. And I can't imagine the crowds could be any worse, Mardi Gras, President's week, or not. And if they are, at least when I'm standing in line, I won't feel as though I'm about to pass out from a heat stroke :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
12-23-2007, 05:59 AM
We'll be there the 8-15 in 08, think that overlaps somewhat with Mardi Gras, but I could be wrong. Personally, seeing as we always go in the summer, I can't wait! Give me cold over 110degree heat indexes and Florida humidity anyday, lol. And I can't imagine the crowds could be any worse, Mardi Gras, President's week, or not. And if they are, at least when I'm standing in line, I won't feel as though I'm about to pass out from a heat stroke :thumbsup:

Since Mardi Gras day is the 6th, you might have some of the people that take the extra 2 days off that week. I would not worry though, most clear out by the 6th. You picked a great time to go.