PDA

View Full Version : LOST Season 4

Pages : [1] 2

chrisb26
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I just saw the trailer for Season four of LOST and it looks awesome! The show starts back up January 31st at 9:00 est I can't wait!

Here is the trailer (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index) from the ABC site there are actually a few intresting videos.

Who else is excited!

Disney-Nut
12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm excited. I just bought season 3. I wish we didnt have to wait so long for season 4.

bleukarma
12-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm excited about season 4!!! However I wish they would re-run season 3...its been so long I forgot what happened.

chrisb26
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm excited about season 4!!! However I wish they would re-run season 3...its been so long I forgot what happened.

I know how you feel I got Lost Season 3 on DVD the other day I'm going to have to watch it again before season 4 so I can be caught up.

Jenemmy
12-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm really hoping they do a season re-cap show before the new shows start. Those type of shows always show a thing or two I have missed. Lord knows I probably miss dozens of little significant symbols per episode anyway!

I read some great spoilers on a different site. If they are true, Season is going to be awesome!!!

KarenP
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't wait for season 4 to start! It looks so good.

ChipnDaleGal
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I know how you feel I got Lost Season 3 on DVD the other day I'm going to have to watch it again before season 4 so I can be caught up.

That is our plan as well. In fact, I hope to get going on Season 3 this weekend. Hoping to time it so we just finish Season 3 on DVD and then start right in with new episodes of Season 4! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
12-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to Season 4 too! I'm probably in the minority in that I want to get right to the new stuff (although I'm sure I'll watch the recap show, if they have one).

2Epcot
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM

I also got Lost Season 3 for Christmas, so I will probably watch it as well. I'm excited that the new season is going to start ... We need some new shows to watch.

Melanie
01-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Just finished watching Season 3, and I'm pumped for the new season. Bring it on! :woohoo:

ChipnDaleGal
01-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Just TWO more days!!!!! I am so excited!!! :yay:

Jenemmy
01-29-2008, 07:52 AM
I saw a commercial the other night for Wednesday night's LOST. It is the season 3 finale, but the voice over said something like "watch it from a perspective you have never seen before" :confused: Anyone have a clue about this??

LarryBoy
01-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Aren't they running a recap episode at 8:00 Thursday? They are running something, and I think that's what it is. I've set my DVR for 8:00 and 9:00, because I really need a recap of everything that happened last season.
On a side note, did they get the whole season written before the writer's strike? I hope they don't get started and run out of episodes.

Jenemmy
01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Aren't they running a recap episode at 8:00 Thursday? They are running something, and I think that's what it is. I've set my DVR for 8:00 and 9:00, because I really need a recap of everything that happened last season.
On a side note, did they get the whole season written before the writer's strike? I hope they don't get started and run out of episodes.

From what I understand, at 8:00 on Thursday is "Secrets of the Island" recap type show and then the actual season opener at 9:00. So yes, I think you've got it :thumbsup:

I also read an interview with one of the actors who said that they had taped half of the season. It said something to the effect of, if the writer's strike ends by the 31st of this month, they should be able to film the second half of the season. If it doesn't, things are a bit up in the air.......

MNNHFLTX
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I am really gearing up for this season too--can't wait! I have been going by the Lost website here and there to watch the videos there (they have a 8-1/2 minutes complete--and kind of humorous--recap of the entire show so far. Also I never realized they had these mini-episodes called "mobisodes" that originally aired for Verizon cell phones starting in November, but now you can see them on the website. They have little interesting bits of extra information.

tinkerbell04
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I can't wait! I heard the same thing about the writers strike, that they currently have 8 episodes taped, I hope they sum things up out there soon! :mickey:

LarryBoy
01-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I also read an interview with one of the actors who said that they had taped half of the season. It said something to the effect of, if the writer's strike ends by the 31st of this month, they should be able to film the second half of the season. If it doesn't, things are a bit up in the air.......

Noooooooooooo.....:mad:
They're going to get us all hooked :fish: and then go away. :angry: :sadwave:

chrisb26
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I saw a commercial the other night for Wednesday night's LOST. It is the season 3 finale, but the voice over said something like "watch it from a perspective you have never seen before" :confused: Anyone have a clue about this??

I also saw the commercial for this and from what it might look like is a pop up type of show now don't quote me on that just from what it looks like lol But will be intresting to see.

I also can't wait for the premier!! My DVR is set and ready!

As far as possibly only having 8 episodes this season that does kind of stink but I would hope to fix that we would get a full season next season since the 16 season shortened adding the 8 episodes from this one makes 24 which is a regular season. If that were to happen it wouldn't be all that bad although I dont want to go from March until September to get Lost again. Just as long as we dont go March 08 till Jan 09 :eek:

BouncingTigger
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm so excited for Lost to come back! The twist on last season's finale (regarding the flashes) was awesome!

I read that this season was slated for 16 episodes. The first 8 are supposed to set up more mystery and the second 8 are supposed to provide more answers. So since we're only going to get the first 8, I think we're going to be left with some crazy questions for a while! :confused: Oh, well, that's part of what makes this show so great!

bleukarma
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM

If I remember my "to do list" on my tivo correctly, I think I have Lost recording on both Wednesday and Thursday. I think they are having the season 3 finale on Wed and then the premier on Thursday. I could be wrong though, I'll double check tivo when I get home.

I'm really glad they are re-running the finale. It's been so long that I'm going to be Lost when I watch it. :funny:

As far as only half the season showing, I'm used to that with this show. It seems like they will show a few episodes, dissapear for awhile, show a few more, and then come back for a finale.

MNNHFLTX
01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
If I remember my "to do list" on my tivo correctly, I think I have Lost recording on both Wednesday and Thursday. I think they are having the season 3 finale on Wed and then the premier on Thursday.That's what my TIVO line-up states--a repeat of "Through the Looking Glass" (Season 3 finale) on Wednesday at 8 p.m. (Central), a recap show on Thursday at 8 p.m. and then the new show at 9 p.m.

2Epcot
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
If I remember my "to do list" on my tivo correctly, I think I have Lost recording on both Wednesday and Thursday.

I'm really glad they are re-running the finale. It's been so long that I'm going to be Lost when I watch it. :funny:

I set my DVR today, for Thursday show. I've been watching about 2 and 1/2 episodes a day of Season 3 getting ready for the new season. Both me and my wife were finding we had forgot quite a few things from last season.

Carol
01-30-2008, 07:32 AM
That's what my TIVO line-up states--a repeat of "Through the Looking Glass" (Season 3 finale) on Wednesday at 8 p.m. I'm excited to re-watch though - as it's going to be in high-definition. :woohoo:

LOST loses me very easily - but I do enjoy watching.

Jenemmy
01-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm excited to re-watch though - as it's going to be in high-definition. :woohoo:

LOST loses me very easily - but I do enjoy watching.

Me too -- I keep thinking that one day there is going to be an episode where everything just "clicks" in my mind, and I am gonna scream "A-HA!!!!!!" and it will all make sense. LOL;)

ChipnDaleGal
01-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Me too -- I keep thinking that one day there is going to be an episode where everything just "clicks" in my mind, and I am gonna scream "A-HA!!!!!!" and it will all make sense. LOL;)

Season 3 made so much more sense to me when I watched all the episodes in a row rather quickly. I could remember the details from episode to episode better and see some the the clues threaded through the episodes. It makes me want to go back and watch all three seasons that way. I just hope that the writers, knowing they are on a set timeframe as far as number of episodes left to wrap it all up, will just blow us away with how it all comes together.

chrisb26
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
:woohoo: The Premier is tonight!!:muscles:

I watched the Season Finale thing that was on last night and I thought it was pretty neat what they did. Although it was alot of reading, it did explain alot of things. It was almost like what they wrote was a mini recap since when things happened they explained how it got to that point. The only thing I noticed was the way it was written seemed like a fan had done it. Since they talk about what peoples thoughts are on certain things that happened but it was pretty neat to see it like that.

I must say however that I missed alot of the show due to just reading everything lol

But now the Premier is tonight and I can't wait!

MNNHFLTX
01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
I just hope that the writers, knowing they are on a set timeframe as far as number of episodes left to wrap it all up, will just blow us away with how it all comes together.LOl, Donna--I see by your avatar that you are getting properly Sawyer-fied in preparation for the new shows! :D

I was reading an interview of Michael Emerson (who plays Ben) and he emphasized the producers defintely have a time-line on the story and know exactly where the show is going. He also stated that there will be some horrific characters that are introduced this season and that our "sympathy system will be dramatically re-arranged". Which leads me to think that The Others might indeed turn out to be "good guys" (or at least not so bad) and will have to work with the Suvivors against the menacing forces coming to the island. Whatever the case I have heard the first two episodes are outstanding. :clappy:

I'm excited to re-watch though - as it's going to be in high-definition. :woohoo:Oh, I bet it's fantastic to watch this show in high-def!! All that lush jungle footage and Sawyer too! ;)

NotaGeek
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I watched last night and the 2 hour final from last year with the little pop-up movie tid bits were AWESOME! I wish they would do the same thing during a whole season ... who can remember all the suff they do in lost! LOL. I say one night the play it normal, then on Saturday have a pop-up version. :thumbsup:

Nascfan
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm ready for tonight! :thumbsup:

fairies*n*fireflies
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Jumping on board here! Just found this thread. Cant wait till tonight!

Melanie
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Season 3 made so much more sense to me when I watched all the episodes in a row rather quickly.

Woo - look at that avatar! :D

I totally agree with this, Donna. I think after this season is over, I'll watch on DVD again in this manner. It just clicked better watching all together.

KarenP
01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
I am looking forward to tonight! So glad they are having a recap episode first. I know there is a lot I have forgotten. Wish I would have tuned in last night. That episode sounded like it would have been interesting to watch.

SpecJoe Magic
01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
My wife and I just finished watching the season 4 premiere. We are both very pleased with the episode. It started off with excitement, maintained a great pace, and concluded with a satisfying ending. Of course, it also opened up more questions, but we do have a few more ideas about what could be going on in some aspects of the show now that we've seen the new episode. We're glad that it's back and looking forward to more episodes. We really hope that the writers' strike is resolved soon because we would hate to see one of the best shows ever suffer a setback.

NotaGeek
02-01-2008, 02:29 AM
HORROR OF HORRORS! Clearly my TiVo is out to get me. I didn't get the new Lost taped tonight! I can't watch it until next week unless they have a whole episode on line ... curses!

Mufasa
02-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Of course, it also opened up more questions, but we do have a few more ideas about what could be going on in some aspects of the show now that we've seen the new episode. We're glad that it's back and looking forward to more episodes. We really hope that the writers' strike is resolved soon because we would hate to see one of the best shows ever suffer a setback.

Fasten your seatbelt... there could be turbulence up ahead ;)

Even though it's a half-season that's waiting to be resolved with the writers strike, I don't think the show will suffer because there's a lot of interesting answers to come along, but of course a new set of questions will be raised.

I actually think that because they know how many episodes remain, they've really tightened up the story-arc and having a clear direction translates into a fantastic pace for the show.

Next week's episode will probably have you scratching your head and saying "Huh?" but hang in with it.

Cause the immediate weeks that follow really pick up and there are answers that fill in the blanks (satisfying), some interesting surprises (episode 3 and 4- hmm... the "Oceanic Six" + 1 ?!?) and some major shockers towards the end of the "mini" season (give credit to the writers/producers of Lost that they know how to handle a finale- even if it's a mid-season/temporary finale we hope)

I've heard the producers are really saving some of the best reveals (you know, those questions we've really wondered about for a while now) for later, but they've promised that many of the long, nagging secrets of the island will be told this season.

At that point you'll really be cursing the writers on strike for having to wait for future episodes of Lost. What we have won't be a letdown- if anything it will be intense and disappointing only in that the episodes will draw you in and then it's over too quickly.

Diznee4Me
02-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Great episode!:thumbsup:

Did anyone happen to watch the show afterwards which had the Oceanic Airlines "commercial" commercial? :D

Couldn't justify staying up to watch for it.

ChipnDaleGal
02-01-2008, 09:36 AM
That episode was definitely worth waiting for!! Lots of tension. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps when Hurley was near Jacob's shack. :eek: Was Locke in the shack with Jacob? That all went so fast. I need to watch the episode again.

Speaking of Hurley, I thought Jorge Garcia did such a great job of getting the emotion right about Charlie. He is such a great actor and so central to the Lost story. I enjoy him so much and I will miss his interaction with Dominic.

One big question that is bothering me... why would Kate want off the island so bad? She is a fugitive facing jail. You would think she would be looking for an excuse to stay on the island, especially once Sawyer joined the group that was hiding from the "rescuers". It surprised me that he would leave Kate. I liked his interaction with Hurley. For Sawyer, he seemed very in tune to Hurley's loss and feelings. I think Sawyer is growing up.

PirateLover
02-01-2008, 11:18 AM
HORROR OF HORRORS! Clearly my TiVo is out to get me. I didn't get the new Lost taped tonight! I can't watch it until next week unless they have a whole episode on line ... curses!
Michael, You should be able to view the entire episode online at abc.com with very limited commercials. :thumbsup:

That episode was definitely worth waiting for!! Lots of tension. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps when Hurley was near Jacob's shack. :eek: Was Locke in the shack with Jacob? That all went so fast. I need to watch the episode again.

My first thought was that it was patchy. Then when Locke came out we weren't sure. We rewound at commercial (love that ability to pause and rewind live TV!) and I personally don't think it looks like Locke's eye. And "Jacob" really freaks me out.

Speaking of Locke I really think he's up to no good. I don't think he cares about the best interest of the group, only his own best interest.

And how good did Charlie look when he came to "visit" Hurley? And Hurley telling Claire that Charlie didn't make it definitely had me tearing up....

My two favorite parts of this episode were Hurley screaming about the "Oceanic 6" so I guess now we know that at least 6 people leave (and by the way he was talking it seems like some people stay); Also the fact that Jack pulled the trigger on Locke!!!! He finally found his guts! But I laughed out loud when it wasn't loaded ;)

AwPhooey
02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Did anyone happen to watch the show afterwards which had the Oceanic Airlines "commercial" commercial? :D

If you go to YouTube and search for "Oceanic Airlines - Eli Stone Ad" you'll see the ad that was shown during Eli Stone, the show on after Lost.

chrisb26
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought last nights episode was great!! It really got interesting from the start when Hurley was saying Oceanic Six. Which is interesting because we know 3 of them Jack, Kate, and Hurley but who are the other three, and what happened to the people that didn't make it off? There is obviously some controversy surrounding that if Jack went and told Hurley not to say anything. Then its even more confusing cause Hurley told Jack he shouldn't have gone with Locke.

Just more questions lol Also with those flash forwards the one last night must have been before the one in the season finale because Jack talked about growing his beard and also strange we see now that both Jack and Hurley want to go back to the island only Kate didn't but who knows if that might change.

Also am I the only one that doesn't like Jack? I mean at the end of last season I was beginning to really not like him and its continuing on this season already. He just seems really mean and cold. He wont listen to anybody's advice he just thinks that he is the only person that is right which is very strange and I think it might cost him in the future to be that way. I mean he wasn't very nice to Kate when she told him he was going the wrong way and I couldn't believe he really would have killed Locke. Right in front of everybody. I can understand not listening to Ben because of what he has done but he should really start listening to people's advice. I loved the look on his face when he found out that it wasn't who he thought it was that was on the boat. Like he actually really could be wrong. But that didn't last long cause he was back soon after that. I just think its amazing the change he has went through since his start on the island.

I just am hooked again lol Can't wait for next week!!

I watched it. It was about a website that has a guy looking for the plane because his girlfriend was on the plane. Not sure if I'm aloud to post the site here or not. But it is pretty neat there are little videos and you have to go along with this guy trying to find evidence. More things are released each week and you watch the videos and find clues. But if you do go to the site mentioned in the commercial for the airlines then a longer video plays and he tells you where to go.

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
My first thought was that it was patchy. Then when Locke came out we weren't sure. We rewound at commercial (love that ability to pause and rewind live TV!) and I personally don't think it looks like Locke's eye. And "Jacob" really freaks me out.

Speaking of Locke I really think he's up to no good. I don't think he cares about the best interest of the group, only his own best interest.

My two favorite parts of this episode were Hurley screaming about the "Oceanic 6" so I guess now we know that at least 6 people leave (and by the way he was talking it seems like some people stay)I had a different thought about the "eye" that showed up the window--when we back and paused the footage, to me it looks like the same eye that they showed in the previous scene with Jacob. And the guy in the rocking chair looks like Jack's father. Very creepy. :eek:

Locke, IMO, has become the Survivor's Ben-type character--the loose canon that you're not quite sure what end of the good/evil spectrum he is swinging from. A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?

So, if Hurley, Jack and Kate make up three of the "Oceanic 6", I will be curious to see who the other three are. The flash forwards offer an interesting new perspective to the story.

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh, I wanted to add that I hope you are able to watch the episode on the ABC website, Michael. How disappointing it must have been to come home and find out that your TIVO had messed up. :(

Mufasa
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
One of the things that stuck out for me in last night's episode was that Hurley's "visitor" at the mental hospital was named Matthew Abbadon (we know the writers/producers love to throw in names with meanings and Abaddon is quite a choice not only for the biblical reference but of course the anagrams you can come up with too).

Then, I found it funny that when Jack visits Hurley in the hospital they start playing horse (let's see... H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and O is the 15th)- another 8 15 reference! And didn't the detective that's interrogating Hurley mention he looked freaked out by something he spotted over by the HO-HO display?

And TiVo is great, especially in HD (highlight to read as they may be spoilers):

1. Hurley is in the interrogation room, the person who swims up to the window mimics Charlie in the flooded station and if you look carefully at the hand he presses against the window before it breaks, he's written "They need you" on it

2. Who is Jacob? Freezing that scene, it looks like it's Christian Shepard

Mufasa
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?

I wouldn't say it was miraculous- perhaps more fate/luck? It should have been fatal, but there's an explanation in next week's episode as to why it wasn't (still you'd think it would get infected though)

So, if Hurley, Jack and Kate make up three of the "Oceanic 6", I will be curious to see who the other three are. The flash forwards offer an interesting new perspective to the story.

The flash fowards are an interesting direction the show is taking and the identity of the "Oceanic 6" (well, I say it is more 6 + 1) and just why they have to be so secretive.

ChipnDaleGal
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
One of the Oceanic Six must also be the man that was in the coffin in last season's finale. I keep thinking that is going to be Michael, since I know he is returning for this season.

tinkerbell04
02-01-2008, 01:40 PM
One of the Oceanic Six must also be the man that was in the coffin in last season's finale. I keep thinking that is going to be Michael, since I know he is returning for this season.

I was thinking the same thing. Jacob really creeps me out also!

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
One of the Oceanic Six must also be the man that was in the coffin in last season's finale. I keep thinking that is going to be Michael, since I know he is returning for this season.I just don't know what to think, Donna. After watching the season finale again on Wednesday, I do think the coffin is on the smaller side. I keep thinking--could it be Walt, Juliet, Sun, Jin or Claire? Or (even stranger) Locke, but perhaps his legs atrophied after becoming disabled again once off the island. And I know Jack was holding an obituary that some have asserted is for a man, but they are careful never to refer to whoever is in the casket as either "he" or "she". And when Jack is asked if he is friend or family, all three of us listening (even on playback) swear Jack is saying "either" (as opposed to "neither"). When we put it on closed captioning, though, it says he's saying "neither". :confused:

And another thought--from the looks of it, at least four of the Oceanic 6 (or 6 + 1, as you say Mufasa--I can't wait to see what you mean by that!) live in Los Angeles. It just seems strange that they all decide to live in the same area after they come back, especially Kate. She wasn't from there originally, was she?

2Epcot
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
I really enjoyed the premiere. I thought they did a great job (as always) with the recap before the show.

Oh, I bet it's fantastic to watch this show in high-def!! All that lush jungle footage and Sawyer too! ;)

I love watching this show in Hi-Def. The scenery is so beautiful and vivid ... Makes me want to go to Hawaii everytime I watch.

Sorry to hear that Michael. I was so afraid that would happen that I had two of my DVRs recording LOST last night.

I've heard the producers are really saving some of the best reveals (you know, those questions we've really wondered about for a while now) for later, but they've promised that many of the long, nagging secrets of the island will be told this season.

As long as the smoke monster doesn't turn out to be a projector behind one of the trees, I'll be happy with almost any explanations.

I recorded Eli Stone just to go back and watch the commerical later. I really enjoy all the side things they do with this show to make it even more interesting.

Speaking of Hurley, I thought Jorge Garcia did such a great job of getting the emotion right about Charlie. He is such a great actor and so central to the Lost story. I enjoy him so much and I will miss his interaction with Dominic.

The shack scene with Hurley was great. You don't get a good suspense scene too often in TV, but that was well done. Jorge Garcia does a fantastic job as Hurley.

Speaking of Locke I really think he's up to no good. I don't think he cares about the best interest of the group, only his own best interest. Also the fact that Jack pulled the trigger on Locke!!!! He finally found his guts! But I laughed out loud when it wasn't loaded ;)

Locke is one you are never really sure about, but I still like his character. I also enjoyed the look on Jack's face when the gun wasn't loaded.

I It really got interesting from the start when Hurley was saying Oceanic Six. Which is interesting because we know 3 of them Jack, Kate, and Hurley but who are the other three, and what happened to the people that didn't make it off?

Also am I the only one that doesn't like Jack? I mean at the end of last season I was beginning to really not like him and its continuing on this season already. He just seems really mean and cold.

I was also wondering who the others will be who get off the island. I have a feeling Sun and Jin will make it off. They have had a large storyline throughout the series. I also find myself not liking Jack as much.

Locke, IMO, has become the Survivor's Ben-type character--the loose canon that you're not quite sure what end of the good/evil spectrum he is swinging from. A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?

I just figured whatever allowed Locke to walk did the same healing for the gunshot. It will be intereting to see what the explanation is.

chrisb26
02-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I love watching this show in Hi-Def. The scenery is so beautiful and vivid ... Makes me want to go to Hawaii everytime I watch.

I just figured whatever allowed Locke to walk did the same healing for the gunshot. It will be intereting to see what the explanation is.

I really liked watching this in Hi-Def I've been watching last season on my Blu-Ray player I got the regular version not Blu-Ray but have been using a HDMI cord and the picture looks amazing.

I was also wondering how Locke survived the gun shot that would have probably killed anybody else. I do think it has to do with whatever cured his broken back. They have said before he is special to the island so maybe that has something to do with it.

I also wonder a lot with these Flash Forwards are they really a good thing? I like the aspect of it but to me I look at it like this. If Jack, Kate, or Hurley are put in a life or death situation will they die? Not that I would want them to but we know they make it off the island so if they are ever put in that type of situation I wouldn't think they would be dying so that could cause some problems.

I am also starting to wonder about who is in the coffin and if they are one of the Oceanic Six my guess would be yes. Simply because we know it takes place some time after they get back since from the premier we know that Hurley's flash forward was before Jack's so they might be one of them. Also as to who it could be I'm thinking possibly Locke. Right now it doesn't make sense that people wouldn't like him. But something Hurley said in his FF made me think about it. He told Jack he should have went with him and not Locke. Maybe something happens that we haven't seen yet that makes everybody not like Locke.

So many new questions lol Just hope we get some answers this season which I'm sure we will!

PirateLover
02-02-2008, 01:07 AM
I had a different thought about the "eye" that showed up the window--when we back and paused the footage, to me it looks like the same eye that they showed in the previous scene with Jacob. And the guy in the rocking chair looks like Jack's father. Very creepy. :eek:
I haven't re-watched anything, so I forgot there was an eye in the previous scene. But definitely the Jacob shack scenes have been the creepiest for me.

A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?

I think it's a combo of the healing properties of the island and the fact that he may have gotten shot where his kidney was removed so it didn't pierce any organs. (I don't know much about anatomy, and I don't remember where he was shot aside from stomach area, I just remember someone posing that theory at the end of last season and it seems plausible).

And yea, we've had an HD tv and cable feed since last season and it's simply amazing.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Okay I am confused... They keep saying "the Oceanic 6" so does that mean that they are the only ones to get rescued off the island and the rest are still there? Any thoughts? At first I was thinking that when Charlie showed up to Hurley that MAYBE it was possible that Charlie survived... I was wrong.... I am really interested though to see what is up with this new team that is with Naomi.

Jessie
02-04-2008, 07:40 PM
DH and I watched seasons 1-3 last fall and were just foaming at the mouths for season 4 :blush: . I was not disappointed! Everyone really already touched on most of my thoughts and questions. One thing I thought was really funny and had me and DH laughing out loud was Ben's request to Jack. "If it's alright with you Jack, I'd like to go with Locke". So funny on so many levels.

Ben really keeps flip flopping in my mind as to whether or not he's good or bad. I think that is one of my favorite things about this show. Every character is flawed. There is no 100% good person, kwim?

I'm curious about the virus. I don't feel like that's been mentioned in awhile. What caused all of Rousseau's group to become "sick"? I don't feel like that has been mentioned as a threat for some time.

I am so sad that Charlie was killed. His death scene was the only one that has made me cry while watching TV in a very long time. I'm thrilled to see him on this season here and there.

I think the Oceanic 6 will be Jack, Hurley, Kate, Jin, Sun and someone without another person. So that leaves who? Sawyer, Desmond, Juliet? Sawyer seemed to think the freighter people might be bad, but then so did Hurley and he got off the Island too.

I suspect Jin and Sun because I think they'll REALLY want off the island to help their chances survival during birth.

All so confusing huh?! Hooray LOST :number1:

Jenemmy
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I have read on on spoiler sites who the Oceanic 6 supposedly are. I don't know how accurate it is and I don't know that anyone wants me posting spoilers. So, I guess either let me know if I should post or PM me if you want to know what that site said :mickey:

Jenemmy
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh -- also read an interview with Jorge Garcia who confirmed that it was Jack's dad he saw sitting in the chair in the shack. However...he said something to the effect of when they first shot the scene, he was supposed to see himself sitting there.

chrisb26
02-04-2008, 08:10 PM
One thing I have been thinking about is how long will these "outsiders" the new people on the island be around for? I would think only this season just looking at the last three. First season they explore the island, second the Hatch, and third the others. So I would think it would continue that way this season. Which I wouldn't be against since I wouldn't want them to drown out this storyline.

Okay I am confused... They keep saying "the Oceanic 6" so does that mean that they are the only ones to get rescued off the island and the rest are still there?

That is what it sounds like which is very intresting considering there are about 40 survivors still from the plane. What happens to all of them?

One thing I thought was really funny and had me and DH laughing out loud was Ben's request to Jack. "If it's alright with you Jack, I'd like to go with Locke". So funny on so many levels.

I'm curious about the virus. I don't feel like that's been mentioned in awhile. What caused all of Rousseau's group to become "sick"? I don't feel like that has been mentioned as a threat for some time.

I think the Oceanic 6 will be Jack, Hurley, Kate, Jin, Sun and someone without another person. So that leaves who? Sawyer, Desmond, Juliet? Sawyer seemed to think the freighter people might be bad, but then so did Hurley and he got off the Island too.

I suspect Jin and Sun because I think they'll REALLY want off the island to help their chances survival during birth.

I thought what Ben said was very funny also. He actually made me laugh a couple times in the premier. Another part was after Jack refused to listen to what Kate had said about where Naomi actually went and took the phone Ben goes "well at least somebody knows what they are doing" I thought that was pretty funny also.

I was also wondering for a while what made Rousseau's people sick and right now I'm thinking that it might have been what they used in the Purge of the Dharma people. That would have caused them all to get sick and die.

I also want to know who the other three survivors are. I hope Sawyer will make it off perhaps that is who Kate was talking about in the Season Finale when she said "he will be wondering where I am" maybe she was talking about Sawyer we know they like each other right now. I don't however think it will be Juliet or Desmond because they said Oceanic Six and neither Juliet or Desmond were on the Oceanic Flight.

I also think it would be good if Jin and Sun make it off the island but I would think they would deal with that at some point on the show. It is only two months for them on the island and I would think in the three seasons remaining they would advance two more months. But I really hope Sun doesn't die it would be great to see that Juliet could finally save somebody.

One other thing I have been thinking about is Hurley said he shouldn't have gone with Locke but how do we know what he was actually talking about? We assume that he is talking about what just happened but we dont know for sure. We dont know how long it is until they make it off the island so for all we know Hurley could be talking about a different time when the group once again splits up.

Too much thinking :D

bleukarma
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, it was a great episode and of course it has my head spinning!!! We learn that Jack was "normal" after he got off the island, before he grew his beard and started taking pills and drinking. It makes me wonder what happened to turn him (and Hurley) so dramatically.

Why didn't Hurley tell the cop that he knew Ana Lucia?

Only 6 people on the Oceanic flight make it back? It leads me to believe that the other people either chose to stay (like Locke) or die by the hands of whomever showed up to the island.

I really want to know what happened to Michael. At the end of season 2 him and Walt sailed away. But we know that it's hard to escape the island in a boat because Desmond tried it and ended up back on the island again. I have a feeling it was either Michael in the coffin at the end of season 3. Michael was controversal with the other survivors on if he should be trusted or not. Jack was very distrought over the person in the coffin but when he asked Kate if she went to the funeral she said "why would I go??" (Or something like that). Also I believe a rumor is the person in the coffin was originally from NY, and Michael is.

Jack's ever changing mood makes me realise what a good actor Matthew Fox is. I haven't started to hate Jack yet, but I think it's coming.

prprincess
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Wow, you guys are covering all bases. Pretty good discussion going on here.

Why didn't Hurley tell the cop that he knew Ana Lucia?

Only 6 people on the Oceanic flight make it back? It leads me to believe that the other people either chose to stay (like Locke) or die by the hands of whomever showed up to the island.

I questioned that too--why Hurley denied knowing Ana Lucia. I figured he thought he would get into trouble with someone, but then again, it would have probably given him brownie points with the police man.

I think that 6 (+1) leave, and that the rest chose to stay, but are probably doing so on the "down low" which is why Abaddon asked Hurley, "Are they still alive?"

ChipnDaleGal
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
My daughter and I re-watched the epsiode this weekend, and watched the scene in Jacob's shack several times. I don't think that the eye close to the door was Jacob's. When you freeze that part you can still clearly see Jacob sitting in the chair and the half face of the person standing by the door. It is so creeepy!!!

We are so hyped up on Lost now that we started watching Season One again last night. With so little new TV right now, we are going to rewatch the first three seasons and see the whole story so far unfold.

MNNHFLTX
02-06-2008, 10:24 AM
My daughter and I re-watched the epsiode this weekend, and watched the scene in Jacob's shack several times. I don't think that the eye close to the door was Jacob's. When you freeze that part you can still clearly see Jacob sitting in the chair and the half face of the person standing by the door. It is so creeepy!But if the figure sitting in the rocking chair is Christian (Jack's dad), then who is Jacob? That's the question I have.

ChipnDaleGal
02-06-2008, 10:53 AM
But if the figure sitting in the rocking chair is Christian (Jack's dad), then who is Jacob? That's the question I have.

It did not occur to me to think that the person at the door is Jacob, but that is a good theory. I guess I am not believing that it actually is Jack's dad in the chair. By that I mean the actual live human being that is/was Christian Shepard. I am wondering if different people see different people when they look at the chair? Although it is a wonder as to why Hurley would see Jack's dad? So far I can't think where their stories have crossed, but it could be something we haven't seen yet. Oh these crazy Lost Mysteries!!! :D Makes my mind spin.

bleukarma
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
It did not occur to me to think that the person at the door is Jacob, but that is a good theory. I guess I am not believing that it actually is Jack's dad in the chair. By that I mean the actual live human being that is/was Christian Shepard. I am wondering if different people see different people when they look at the chair? Although it is a wonder as to why Hurley would see Jack's dad? So far I can't think where their stories have crossed, but it could be something we haven't seen yet. Oh these crazy Lost Mysteries!!! :D Makes my mind spin.

Maybe when Jack told the Head Doctor in the season 3 finale to go get his dad he wasn't crazy at all. Maybe Jack knows something that we don't know yet! Hmmm......

The whole Jacob mystery perplexes me, to the point that I try not to even think about it! One day we will find out who/what Jacob really is!

Jessie
02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
LOST night LOST night!! :number1:

Jessie
02-07-2008, 10:17 PM
*********WEST COAST SPOILER SPACE********

Another great episode. I wish we could get MORE answers and less adding to the mystery haha. I mean now we have a whole new slew of things we need answering! A polar bear in the desert now?

I wonder why Ben didn't say anything right away when he knew who Charlotte was. I guess he wanted the chance to kill her?

PirateLover
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I loved the tongue in cheek reference to the viewers complaints... "Taller Walt" and "What is the monster." Made me laugh out loud.

Jenemmy
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
This is so cool ---- On last night's episode, where the original pilot was watching the TV report on finding the Oceanic 815 wreckage and then called the information hotline number to tell them that that wasn't the pilot.....did you know that number actually works?? Seriously -- I read on a spoiler site this morning to try it and I did. You get an Oceanic Airlines recording regarding flight 815. Might need to do it again and listen for clues....

MNNHFLTX
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
What a weird episode that was last night! A bit confusing--at first I thought that they were still doing flash-forwards, but ultimately it appears they were flashbacks. So will they do flash-backs of the freighter-people to help us get to know their story and flash-forwards of the island people?

It appears that the four freighter crew members are/were pawns of Naomi and George, who report to Matthew Abbendon. It will be interesting to see who George is.

One priceless moment for me was also when Locke asked Ben point-blank what the monster is, especially after no one would talk about it earlier in the series. I just wish he would have answered though, or at least given us a hint.

mjm
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Arghhh... so much more mystery.:thedolls:

Okay, so was the scene with Charlotte in Tunisia and the polar bear bones a flash forward or a flash back? It makes more sense if it's a flash back. And, have we seen the symbol that looks like a multiheaded snake before? I don't remember!:confused:

Obviously this group of four know Ben. But, now I'm wondering what the connection to Hanso is?!:confused:

I just hope all the mysteries are answered eventually or I'm going to feel so ripped off!

Jessie
02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
One priceless moment for me was also when Locke asked Ben point-blank what the monster is, especially after no one would talk about it earlier in the series. I just wish he would have answered though, or at least given us a hint.

I thought that was great! I'm thinking wow now they're going to get to the meat of it all and start really answering things!

PirateLover
02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
And, have we seen the symbol that looks like a multiheaded snake before? I don't remember!:confused:

Well, I think the zoological research station is called "The Hydra" however that symbol looked more like a tree to me. I don't remember seeing that logo before. Perhaps it is separate from the island.

Just for a recap the stations we know of are:
The Arrow, purpose unknown, where Tailies were staying.
The Swan, aka "the hatch", it blew up
The Flame, where they found Patchy, it blew up.
The Pearl, the "observation" station with the pneumatic tubes to nowhere
The Staff, medical station
The Hydra
The Looking Glass, where Charlie went.
I think there was another station introduced via one of those many side projects that they run but I don't pay much attention to those things.

chrisb26
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Before last nights episode I they showed last weeks again and I watched it. I caught something I hadn't before. At the end when Charlie comes to see Hurley, Hurley says he is dead and Charlie confirms it. However how did that other guy see Charlie? Shouldn't Charlie only be visible to Hurley if Hurley is just imagining it? But he wasn't because that other guy saw him also.

I thought last nights episode was pretty good. I enjoyed it. I think Jack is realizing he might have made a mistake so it will be intresting to see how that plays out.

Did any of you notice how strange some of the new people are? That Dan guy seemed very strange to me I'd like to know more about him. Also what did Ben do to those guys to make them so upset? But Ben seems to know exactly why they are here and what they are going to do so he might not have been lying. Of course now the question is are those people here to kill everybody that is alive as Ben said or are they only here for Ben?

Also did you guys see the looks on Ben and Lock's faces when Hurley knew where Jacobs cabin was? They looked very surprised to see that. Perhaps Hurley is special to the island as well.

What a weird episode that was last night! A bit confusing--at first I thought that they were still doing flash-forwards, but ultimately it appears they were flashbacks. So will they do flash-backs of the freighter-people to help us get to know their story and flash-forwards of the island people?

I believe I read somewhere we would get both flash forwards and flash backs this season which is good because I dont only want to see flash forwards.

Are we even sure Ben really knows what the monster is? We know Juliet doesn't since she said we dont know what it is we just know it doesn't like the fences. Maybe Ben really doesn't of course that could be a lie. Perhaps we should ask Bens right hand man Richard who as we know was one of the Hostiles and is originally from the island. Perhaps he knows what the Monster is.

Well, I think the zoological research station is called "The Hydra" however that symbol looked more like a tree to me. I don't remember seeing that logo before. Perhaps it is separate from the island.

Just for a recap the stations we know of are:
The Arrow, purpose unknown, where Tailies were staying.
The Swan, aka "the hatch", it blew up
The Flame, where they found Patchy, it blew up.
The Pearl, the "observation" station with the pneumatic tubes to nowhere
The Staff, medical station
The Hydra
The Looking Glass, where Charlie went.
I think there was another station introduced via one of those many side projects that they run but I don't pay much attention to those things.

I think you pretty much got the stations we know about I know there were two more mentioned. One of the which people call "The Door" which was in season 2. It was shown when the others had Walt they showed the door being guarded but when Sayid opened the door only rocks were behind it so we dont know if it was a decoy or at one time it really was a station. The other has only been showed at Comic-Con last year as well as on the Season 3 DVD it is an orentaition film for a station called the Orchid which we dont know much about but I heard it was a teaser type of thing for Season 4 so perhaps we will learn about this season.

As far as the logo's goes that collar they found on the Polar Bear in the desert really was a symbol of the Hydra and that same symbol can be seen on the Hydra station facility I went back and looked at pictures of the collar and the station. What I think is strange is how did a polar bear end up in the middle of the desert.

Jessie
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Also did you guys see the looks on Ben and Lock's faces when Hurley knew where Jacobs cabin was? They looked very surprised to see that. Perhaps Hurley is special to the island as well.
Yeah that was interesting huh? Like Hurley wasn't supposed to be able to see the Cabin or something. I'm interested to see what bigger role Hurley might play.

BelleCiavo
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Remember, he played the numbers; maybe that ties him to the island?

BelleCiavo
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Even though it's a half-season that's waiting to be resolved with the writers strike, I don't think the show will suffer because there's a lot of interesting answers to come along, but of course a new set of questions will be raised.

I actually think that because they know how many episodes remain, they've really tightened up the story-arc and having a clear direction translates into a fantastic pace for the show.

Next week's episode will probably have you scratching your head and saying "Huh?" but hang in with it.

Cause the immediate weeks that follow really pick up and there are answers that fill in the blanks (satisfying), some interesting surprises (episode 3 and 4- hmm... the "Oceanic Six" + 1 ?!?) and some major shockers towards the end of the "mini" season (give credit to the writers/producers of Lost that they know how to handle a finale- even if it's a mid-season/temporary finale we hope)

At that point you'll really be cursing the writers on strike for having to wait for future episodes of Lost. What we have won't be a letdown- if anything it will be intense and disappointing only in that the episodes will draw you in and then it's over too quickly.

What! Disney Imagineers, in addition to having really cool jobs, also get spoilers for Lost? No fair. :humph:

bleukarma
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
I thought Ben had been on the island since he was a little boy. Who are these people and how do they know Ben?! Or rather, how did the guy that showed up to Hurley’s hospital (George, was it?) know Ben? It seems like him and Naomi are the people that orchestrated this whole “rescue” mission that isn’t a rescue mission. Ben has someone on their ship? Could that be where Michael ended up?!

Just more questions! But I really liked last nights episode! We have a fake plane and people in it under the ocean. Interesting indeed!

Also, another Oceanic 6 could be Claire. Desmond told Charlie that in his future-flash he goes down to the Looking Glass and pushes a button and Claire would be rescued by a helicopter.

Jenemmy
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking that we are eventually going to be introduced to some sort of time travel phenomena associated with the island. That sort of thing would explain why Ben knows so much about everyone (he's lived it before), or for Charlie to appear to Hurley after his death, yet still be "real". We have already seen Desmond do this sort of thing before.

I don't know, it's still too much for me to totally wrap my mind around, but I just wouldn't be surprised if those were the type of experiments the Dharma Initiative was involved with.

Advnt05
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm wondering if the group of 4 belong to the Dharma project people who were all murdered by Ben and thrown in the ditch. Ben knows these people because they were on the island once before but left just before he killed everyone. Once he killed everyone, he jammed the signal and they ones that left could not find their way back. They've been looking for him ever since. He knows they'll kill him simply for the revenge thing. The flaw in this is that I don't know how they are tied to the guy that visited Hurley and asked how many others made it off the island. I like the theory that Jacob is different depending on who is listening to him.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I thought Ben had been on the island since he was a little boy. Who are these people and how do they know Ben?! Or rather, how did the guy that showed up to Hurley’s hospital (George, was it?) know Ben? It seems like him and Naomi are the people that orchestrated this whole “rescue” mission that isn’t a rescue mission. Ben has someone on their ship? Could that be where Michael ended up?!

Just more questions! But I really liked last nights episode! We have a fake plane and people in it under the ocean. Interesting indeed!

Also, another Oceanic 6 could be Claire. Desmond told Charlie that in his future-flash he goes down to the Looking Glass and pushes a button and Claire would be rescued by a helicopter.

I had forgotten about that, but your right! They did say on the previews for next week that another one of the "Oceanic 6" will be revealed.

I would also be interested to know what had that first guy that parachuted from the helicopter so upset, during the first scene as he as watching the t.v. screen where it showed that the airplane had been found under the ocean.

PirateLover
02-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Does anyone listen to a LOST podcast that they would recommend? I just got the idea to look for one on iTunes and I'm overwhelmed by how many there are (8 that I see). I really don't feel like downloading every version to see what's best so I just wanted to see if my fellow Losties on Intercot had any suggestions. :thumbsup:

quicksand
02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't even know what to say about last nights episode. Crazy, huh. Does anyone think that the Others are really the "good guys"? The end of the episode had me scratching my head. Not sure what to think.

mjm
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't even know what to say about last nights episode. Crazy, huh. Does anyone think that the Others are really the "good guys"? The end of the episode had me scratching my head. Not sure what to think.

And another thing about the Others, we don't really know *who* they are!

Remember the people who worked for the Hanso foundation and the Others were fighting until Ben let the Others into the compound and took over; killing all the Hanso members. So, we don't know where the Others came from.

And just what was Ben doing with all the passports and money. This is like out of the Bourne books/movies.

mjm
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Ben was brought to the island when he was young, but don't forget they had a submarine and Ben could have left and come back many times. The picture they had showed Ben on some street in a city somewhere.

I'm wondering if the group of 4 belong to the Dharma project people who were all murdered by Ben and thrown in the ditch. Ben knows these people because they were on the island once before but left just before he killed everyone. Once he killed everyone, he jammed the signal and they ones that left could not find their way back. They've been looking for him ever since. He knows they'll kill him simply for the revenge thing.

That's an interesting idea! After all not everyone connected with Hanso was on the island.

I'm thinking that we are eventually going to be introduced to some sort of time travel phenomena associated with the island. That sort of thing would explain why Ben knows so much about everyone (he's lived it before), or for Charlie to appear to Hurley after his death, yet still be "real". We have already seen Desmond do this sort of thing before.

I hope this isn't a time travel gimick. :ack: That premise has been done so many times on Star Trek that it's worn out it's welcome for me.

Jenemmy
02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope this isn't a time travel gimick. :ack: That premise has been done so many times on Star Trek that it's worn out it's welcome for me.

I hope not as well.....I would love for it to turn out to be a premise that would just blow everyone away and defy all speculation!

What do you guys make of the 31 minute time difference between the island and the "payload" that was launched from the freighter, though? Gotta hand it to the actor playing Faraday -- he sure is making that guy quirky and believable!

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I thought last night's episode was really good. It went by even faster than a Lost hour usually does. Naveen looks so great all cleaned up. He has the most expressive big, black eyes. I am glad to see Sayid more in the forefront again this year. How crazy was that to have Ben there stitching him up in the end?

It makes me sad to see how much Kate and Sawyer care about each other, and neither one can come right out and say the words. He looked so wounded last night as they were talking.

Did everyone hear that the makers of Lost have said they will get an additional 5 episodes added on this season, now the strike is over. And they want to advance the story to the same place they would have gone with the 16 episodes they planned for this year. I hate to miss 3 episodes, but it might mean we will get answers even faster if they have to speed things up a little.

NotaGeek
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I totally agree Donna ... last night's episode SPED by! It was awesome, and Naveen is a total hottie! I can't wait for next week ... it's funny, because remember last season I was over lost, and since we were deprived of good TV for so long, it's now one of my favorite shows again! So the strike was good for something besides helping out the writers!

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I totally agree Donna ... last night's episode SPED by! It was awesome, and Naveen is a total hottie! I can't wait for next week ... it's funny, because remember last season I was over lost, and since we were deprived of good TV for so long, it's now one of my favorite shows again! So the strike was good for something besides helping out the writers!

I was still really into it last year, but I think the writers having a definite time line has made a huge difference. They are just on fire so far this season for creating good TV!

bleukarma
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I agree that this season of Lost is MUCH better then the last season. Last night’s hour really did speed by!

I also hope they don’t do a time travel thing. I would hate to see that happen. This show already has some good mysteries to it, why throw in time travel?!

So after Sayid gets off the island he becomes a hit man for Ben? Interesting. I don’t think Sayid would sign up to kill anybody so it makes me wonder if Ben is on the “good” side of something.

KarenP
02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I was really surprised that Sayid was one of the Oceanic 6. I never expected he would be.
Sayid is one of my favorites though and it was good to see more of him.

The acting is so good on this show. They really have a great cast.

Who does everone think the final 2 of the Oceanic 6 will be? I am thinking Sawyer will be one but then last night he said he does not want to leave the island, so who knows.

MNNHFLTX
02-15-2008, 06:21 PM
So after Sayid gets off the island he becomes a hit man for Ben? Interesting. I don’t think Sayid would sign up to kill anybody so it makes me wonder if Ben is on the “good” side of something.
I've gone back and forth in my head as to whether Ben is a "good guy" or "bad guy", and right now I'm thinking he might be pretty evil. It appears to me that Sayid was blackmailed or recruited into being an assassin to keep his friends safe. Would that be the rest of Oceanic 6 or those left behind on the island? I tend to go with the latter. Anyway, Ben is holding that over Sayid's head, so he is orchestrating things as he did back on the island. Maybe it is connected somehow to Hanso.

So is Ben considered the "+ 1" of the Oceanic 6?:confused:

And who is the "R. G." referenced in the bracelet that Naomi had on? Did anyone notice that Elsa had the same bracelet on when Sayid shot and killed her?:confused:

And who (or what) did Sayid trade in exchange for Naomi? :confused:

I was watching The View a couple of days back and they had James Emerson on (he plays Ben) and he stated that someone "that we've come to know" will die soon, although he doesn't say if they're someone we like or dislike.

So many, many things to think about. ;)

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Who does everone think the final 2 of the Oceanic 6 will be? I am thinking Sawyer will be one but then last night he said he does not want to leave the island, so who knows.

I think it will be Sun and Jin. Sun because she is pregnant and that isn't safe on the island. And Jin because I don't think she would go without him. But I also wonder how Claire and Aaron will fit into this since Desmond had the vision of them on a helicopter.

Jessie
02-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I've gone back and forth in my head as to whether Ben is a "good guy" or "bad guy", and right now I'm thinking he might be pretty evil. It appears to me that Sayid was blackmailed or recruited into being an assassin to keep his friends safe. Would that be the rest of Oceanic 6 or those left behind on the island? I tend to go with the latter. Anyway, Ben is holding that over Sayid's head, so he is orchestrating things as he did back on the island. Maybe it is connected somehow to Hanso.

And who is the "R. G." referenced in the bracelet that Naomi had on? Did anyone notice that Elsa had the same bracelet on when Sayid shot and killed her?:confused:

I agree that Sayid is being forced to do this by Ben's last words about keeping his friends safe. I did notice that Elsa had on a similar bracelet. Maybe it's something that the women that work for him have gotten. That's assuming that Elsa worked for the same person Naomi did.

As for what did he trade. Didn't he trade the other "rescuer" for Charlotte?

I love the comical lines in this show that are so such straight face deliveries. "Was he a diplomat? No he was a torturer." Or, "I'm thirsty." *said by Ben*

I'm always confused by where Kate's affections lay though. Sometimes I'm sure she wants Jack and sometimes Sawyer.

I was totally fooled by Hurley. I thought for sure they had really left him. I guess because he had that argument before and we know he gets off the island.

Interesting that Locke couldn't find Jacob's cabin.

Jenemmy
02-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree that Sayid is being forced to do this by Ben's last words about keeping his friends safe. I did notice that Elsa had on a similar bracelet. Maybe it's something that the women that work for him have gotten. That's assuming that Elsa worked for the same person Naomi did.

It crossed my mind that Elsa worked for the creepy guy that visited Hurley at the Mental ward and met with Naomi and told her who her team was (Abbadon, I think). Maybe all the ladies in the Dharma Initiative get those bracelets :confused:

PirateLover
02-16-2008, 01:46 AM
:

You mean Charlotte? I just assumed he "traded" Miles since all Locke wanted was a hostage. But maybe I missed something.

I too think these episodes are flying by.

Nascfan
02-16-2008, 10:25 AM

I wouldn't think so Beth, as Ben wasn't on Oceanic.

Jessie
02-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't think so Beth, as Ben wasn't on Oceanic.

Maybe that's the point though in how it's worded. Oceanic 6 +1 (extra person found on the Island who isn't actually a survivor of that crash). :secret: (that's me thinking)

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Maybe that's the point though in how it's worded. Oceanic 6 +1 (extra person found on the Island who isn't actually a survivor of that crash). :secret: (that's me thinking)That's the way I look at it too; that the "+ 1" would have to be someone from outside the group, or perhaps an infant born after the crash, like Aaron or Sun and Jin's baby.

You mean Charlotte?Oops--yes, I meant Charlotte.

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I think it will be Sun and Jin. Sun because she is pregnant and that isn't safe on the island. And Jin because I don't think she would go without him. But I also wonder how Claire and Aaron will fit into this since Desmond had the vision of them on a helicopter.
I would like to think it was Sun and Jin but I just don't know. Seems to much of a "happily ever after" ending for them (which you know I would like!) and it seems that no one that leaves the island is happy.

I was thinking. With the way that Jack kept saying in the flash forward that "we have to go back"--does anyone else think that the last season might in "real time"? In other words, the Oceanic 6 somehow go back to resolve whatever issues they left behind. Otherwise, how would they be able to finally end the series?

Nascfan
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Maybe that's the point though in how it's worded. Oceanic 6 +1 (extra person found on the Island who isn't actually a survivor of that crash). :secret: (that's me thinking)

Ooooooh, now it makes sense. I was misreading it. Duh! (slaps hand to forehead)

PirateLover
02-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Now I'm beginning to question the trade, haha. My assumption seems too obvious. And Locke already had Miles captured... maybe it had to do with the fact that Locke also wants to know about the freighter... maybe he traded info?

And Beth I think that's a great idea for the last season, I would enjoy that!

Melanie
02-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I love the comical lines in this show that are so such straight face deliveries. "Was he a diplomat? No he was a torturer." Or, "I'm thirsty." *said by Ben*

How about Hurley saying "great, they sent another Sawyer" when the Asian guy called him Tubby. :funny:

Wow, what an episode!

MNNHFLTX
02-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Wow--I had a feeling about the ending. I kept saying to my husband that Kate was going to say that her son's name was Aaron at the very end of the show. So Aaron is really the "+ 1", not Ben. And that means Claire either does not survive or that she didn't leave the island. And it appears Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because--he feels guilty about something?

And that Jack would lie on the witness stand, saying that only 8 people survived the crash; that gives us something to think about too.

I didn't like how they presented Kate and Sawyer's relationship in this episode, almost like it was just a fling. But I loved Hurley's latest line--"you just scooby-dooed me, didn't you?"

fairies*n*fireflies
02-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I was shocked when she said the baby's name was Aaron. But I am wondering if maybe if Claire gave Aaron to her thinking she wouldn't get off the island and was thinking at least he would be safe with Kate, I can't see Kate stealing the baby. I could be wrong. I definately don't like the way that Locke is turning. He is becoming a tirant and seems like he wants to be like Ben. I was wondering the same thing about Jack saying on the stand that only 8 survived. What's up with that?

PirateLover
02-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm thinking that something tragic happened to claire and that it was not just a matter of "Take my baby off the island please." Otherwise, why would Jack be so afraid to go see him? So Aaron is considered the "+1" and not a full fledged member of the 6?
Overall I have to say I didn't like this episode as much as the others. I thought it was interesting to see Kate interact with both Sawyer and Jack... the way I see it now is that she's in love with Jack but she has a primal attraction to Sawyer (who wouldn't?);)
My only question is how can they believe that Aaron is Kate's son? She was obviously not pregnant when she was on the flight, whereas Claire was... although maybe the story will be that Claire was one of the 8 who survived the crash but didn't make it off the island and so Kate took over as Aaron's mom.
The whole scene with Locke and the grenade was twisted... That same exact idea was used by the Joker in the Dark Knight featurette that was in IMAX theaters... If Myles blows up then what good is he to Locke? And who made Locke boss anyway? I'm getting tired of angry Locke. At this point I wouldn't care if he was offed and that's sad, I used to love him.

NotaGeek
02-22-2008, 02:05 AM
I thought that this episode was awesome and I am SO glad to see the writing getting back to the genius of the first 2 seasons! I am SO confused and I really don't want something horrible to have happened to Claire!

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Remember from Season One that psychic said that Aaron had to be raised by Claire or really bad things would happen? I think Claire really believed that. So I have a real hard time believing she would ask Kate to take to baby off the island. Makes you think that something really bad is going to happen to Claire.

I loved last night's episode. It is deliciously painful how we are finally getting some information, but it still makes you crazy for more. Now another long week to get my next Lost fix.

And I think that Hurley's Scooby Doo comment is his best line ever! :rotfl:

NJDad
02-22-2008, 06:25 AM
My only question is how can they believe that Aaron is Kate's son? She was obviously not pregnant when she was on the flight, whereas Claire was... although maybe the story will be that Claire was one of the 8 who survived the crash but didn't make it off the island and so Kate took over as Aaron's mom.

There seems to be some sort of time travel going on-the helicopter hasn't approached the ship even after a day or two?

Carol
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I was shocked when she said the baby's name was Aaron. I wasn't at all. After learning Kate had a son and seeing her with Claire at the house I just knew it would be Aaron. I guess I've watched too many soap operas over the years.

Cannot wait for next week. :wait:

Jenemmy
02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't know....I don't really trust Kate. I don't fully believe something horrible happened to Claire yet -- I am more tempted to believe that Kate took Aaron. Although, I can't figure what her motivation would be. I don't suppose it's possible that Kate lied to Sawyer and really was pregnant with his baby and then named it Aaron as well....Nah.... LOL

Also -- what about that house Kate was living in? Pretty fancy digs. Think she somehow intercepted part of that 3.2 million that Miles wants from Ben??

Oh -- and finally -- what do you make of the psychic card game Daniel and Charlotte were playing?

I can't believe I'm intrigued and not insane by this show! LOL

tinkerbell04
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I think that either something happened to Claire or she knew that givinghim to Kate was the only way to get him off of the island. I thought that last night was an awesome episode, as this whole season has been. Each episode makes me wonder more and more how they are going to tie it all together. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the Oceanic 6 all received large settlements from the plane crash, which would explain Kate's house.

I also think Kate is a good person. If she has Claire's baby then either Claire has died, or for some reason she made Kate take Aaron along on the rescue. All of the bad things that Kate has done have been for good reasons. Her character is very central to whatever this story ends up being. I believe that she is going to be a major hero in the end.

Advnt05
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm wondering if in the end, only a limited amount of people can get off the island. Something happens that causes Jack to get off and not Claire. Claire somehow passes the baby to Kate as the helicopter is leaving and nothing can be done to reverse it. Maybe that's Jack's guilt as he got off and separated the two.
Not sure about the card thing. The guy was kind of loony before he got sent on the mission. Maybe it's some type of memory loss he has.
Also, I'm wondering if the granade is a live one. Locke could be just manipulating Miles.
It's also intriguing that Miles is trying to play mind games with Ben who is the champion of it all. Locke seems to be slowly becoming Ben.

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I also think Kate is a good person. If she has Claire's baby then either Claire has died, or for some reason she made Kate take Aaron along on the rescue.
That's what I believe too. Kate has shown throughout the series that she suffers pangs of guilt for her past actions. But last night she seemed absolutely at peace with Aaron, so I believe took over the mothering role because she had to.

Jenemmy
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Also, I'm wondering if the granade is a live one. Locke could be just manipulating Miles.
It's also intriguing that Miles is trying to play mind games with Ben who is the champion of it all. Locke seems to be slowly becoming Ben.

I agree about Locke. He is becoming just as creepy as Ben. Hurley even showed fear of Locke being mad at him.

I feel like there was a lot of significance to the backgammon scene, too. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I rewound and watched it again because it just "felt" important. LOL. Didn't Locke teach Walt that game waaaay back in season 1? Maybe I am grabbing at straws here.

Oh -- and ya'll have made me feel guilty about not trusting Kate ;) Now I feel like a cold, hard hearted woman....LOL. I'm going to start telling myself that Kate is a hero who saved 8 lives and tended to their wounds. :D

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I just had another Aaron theory occur to me. It feels like they want us to think that is Claire's Aaron that Kate has. But I still have a feeling that Kate was pregnant with Sawyer's baby but decided not to share that with him. She loves Sawyer, but is so afraid that he will hurt her.

So I am wondering if something happens to both Claire and her Aaron, and then if Kate was pregnant when rescued, the little boy we saw last night was her biological son with Sawyer. Probably a bit of a stretch, but it seems too easy to have the baby be Claire's.

BelleCiavo
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I just had another Aaron theory occur to me. It feels like they want us to think that is Claire's Aaron that Kate has. But I still have a feeling that Kate was pregnant with Sawyer's baby but decided not to share that with him. She loves Sawyer, but is so afraid that he will hurt her.

So I am wondering if something happens to both Claire and her Aaron, and then if Kate was pregnant when rescued, the little boy we saw last night was her biological son with Sawyer. Probably a bit of a stretch, but it seems too easy to have the baby be Claire's.

Yes, it seems much too simple. Donna, any chance you can make an avatar for yourself of Sawyer reading in bed? I miss your Sawyer avatar, though it was distracting. ;)

Karen

tinkerbell04
02-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I think the Oceanic 6 all received large settlements from the plane crash, which would explain Kate's house.

I also think Kate is a good person. If she has Claire's baby then either Claire has died, or for some reason she made Kate take Aaron along on the rescue. All of the bad things that Kate has done have been for good reasons. Her character is very central to whatever this story ends up being. I believe that she is going to be a major hero in the end.

I agree 100 percent! :mickey:

Jenemmy
02-22-2008, 12:49 PM

That's one of the thoughts I was trying to toss around in my first post today (although you did it much more clearly than I). To me, it would be a perfect explanation of why the thought of her baby would be so painful, AND it would be a good explanation to her reaction to Sawyer's "WOOHOOOO You ain't pregnant!" line. I just couldn't make sense of why she would name him Aaron, or his age

bleukarma
02-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Wow, I admit that I was shocked when she said Aaron at the end. I thought she was going to say “James” because she really was pregnant and she named the baby after its father. I have a feeling that something happened to Claire. I don’t think Claire would give up Aaron otherwise, and with only 6 of the 40 survivors making it off the island then the odds aren’t good that Claire ends up being one of the six. Someone else mentioned that maybe it was something about them getting on the helicopter and it was a “take my baby or else we both die” type of thing and that sounds right to me since Desmond had that vision of Claire with a helicopter. Also, I don’t think Jack would let Kate steal Aaron, but he obviously has a problem with him being there. Maybe he thinks family should raise him instead of Kate?

What's with this story of 8 survivors but only 6 survive? Something odd is going to happen to the rest of the people and for some reason they are covering it up. It makes you think!

I’m still hung up on where Michael is!! I won’t rest until I know!! I hope they don’t wait until the last episode to tell us!! haha!!!!

I agree, Oceanic Airlines paid for Kate's house. If anybody is living off of Ben's money then it's Sayid. I think Kate should have a gate, though, because I'm sure she will get backlash from just getting off of a murder charge. Is it weird that I thought of that?! haha

PirateLover
02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I thought about this too. In this case it still makes sense that Jack doesn't want to see the baby because it is a reminder of Kate's relations with Sawyer.

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes, it seems much too simple. Donna, any chance you can make an avatar for yourself of Sawyer reading in bed? I miss your Sawyer avatar, though it was distracting. ;)

Karen

Hahaha - You made me laugh, Karen. I intended to switch to Sawyer yesterday and I forgot. I will try to remember next Thursday. :D

2Epcot
02-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Another great episode. I've always enjoyed this show, but the writing this season is back to the level of the beginning of the series.

So Aaron is really the "+ 1", not Ben. And that means Claire either does not survive or that she didn't leave the island. And it appears Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because--he feels guilty about something?

I'm also under the belief that if the baby is Claire's that something bad happened to her and Kate took him feeling guility. Jack also feels guilty and that's why he didn't want to see him.

The other option, which I feel stronger about, is that the baby is not Claire's but Kate named him after her baby because she is also feels responsible for them not getting off the island.

Since the issue of time travel or some type of wrinkle in the fabric of time has been introduced related to the island ... We don't know how much time passes from the time they leave the island till when they actually get back home. That could possibly affect the age of the child.

II was wondering the same thing about Jack saying on the stand that only 8 survived. What's up with that?

I found that the most interesting part of last night's show. So the Oceanic 6 have apparently made the official story that only 8 people survived the crash. To me that says what happens to the rest of the survivors is not something they want to share with the world.

chrisb26
02-22-2008, 07:02 PM

I think you're right about the settlement I know Sayid said something about getting a settlement from Oceanic after they were rescued.

I also believe the baby is in fact Claire's baby not Kate's. I believed her when she said she wasn't pregnant when talking to Sawyer. I think something is going to happen to Claire and Kate will take Aaron. I honestly can't see Kate just taking Aaron from Claire. I also don't think its actually her kid because I don't think Sawyer is leaving the island and if it is his kid I would imagine she would name his baby "James" or "Sawyer" after his father. I don't know why she would name her kid Aaron after Claire's son. Also looking from the age of the kid he was at least 2 which means they have either been on the island for a while or they have been off the island for a while. I just wish I knew which one that was lol.

Jessie
02-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I tend to believe that Aaron is Claire's Aaron and that the reason that Jack doesn't want to see him is because he is somehow responsible for either Claire dying or them being separated. I suspect that he either tries to save Claire's life and can't and feels guilty that Aaron's mommy didn't make it "because of him". Or maybe there's another hostage type situation (like when the others had Jin, Sayid and Bernard) and he has to choose between Claire and something else and chooses something else.

Perhaps in order to stick with the who survived the crash lie they're spinning she just says that it's her baby when they are rescued.

So many theories haha.

I'm also not thrilled with Locke right now. Usually I swing from liking him a lot to not and lately it's been a consistent, not.

Jessie
02-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Anyone know why this episode is called Eggtown? We decided to start watching them the day after on abc.com so we could skip commercials and pause and rewind and it has it labled as "Eggtown".

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2008, 10:47 PM

So I am wondering if something happens to both Claire and her Aaron, and then if Kate was pregnant when rescued, the little boy we saw last night was her biological son with Sawyer. Probably a bit of a stretch, but it seems too easy to have the baby be Claire's.Something to think about....

I do think that it's probable that Kate was pregnant when she made that remark to Sawyer last night--"would it be the worst thing in the world if it happened" (paraphrased). But I tend to think she miscarried the baby and so bonded with Claire's Aaron. The thought that she would end up taking care of Aaron came earlier in the show when Aaron was fussing and Claire asked Kate to take care of him. There was a look that passed over Kate's face as she looked at Aaron, a mix of longing and fear. Besides, the women on the island can't have babies or at least don't survive having them (of course, who knows what happened with Sun). Oh, I don't know. Hopefully there's answers to these questions that we won't have to wait until next season to find out (but I have a feeilng we will).

Beast_fanatic
02-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Just a few points to ponder...

They advertised this episode as revealing another of the Oceanic 6 which would mean they are counting Aaron as one of the survivors of the plane crash.

After Kate was released, when Jack met up with her in the parking garage, she said something along the lines of "you've told that story so many times now that I almost believed it" referring to his testimony about her saving everyone, so it seems like that is the story they've been telling since they got back.

And, I don't have any idea if this plays into Jack's reluctance to see Aaron, but he is apparently Aaron's uncle (since he and Claire appeared to have the same father based on an earlier episode).

chrisb26
02-23-2008, 12:29 AM
They advertised this episode as revealing another of the Oceanic 6 which would mean they are counting Aaron as one of the survivors of the plane crash.

And, I don't have any idea if this plays into Jack's reluctance to see Aaron, but he is apparently Aaron's uncle (since he and Claire appeared to have the same father based on an earlier episode).

I was wondering about this also however I'm pretty sure it was revealing that Kate was one of the Oceanic 6. We were never told that before. We only assumed it because we saw her off the island in the season finale but it was never stated.

I was also wondering if Jack knew he is the uncle of Aaron. I wonder if this will ever come out I'm guess it will and I'm sure Ben knows just a matter of time until it comes out i'm guessing.

NJDad
02-23-2008, 05:59 AM
I wasn't at all. After learning Kate had a son and seeing her with Claire at the house I just knew it would be Aaron. I guess I've watched too many soap operas over the years.

Cannot wait for next week. :wait:

We guessed the baby would be Aaron pretty early on as well, without the soap opera knowledge.

NJDad
02-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Anyone know why this episode is called Eggtown? We decided to start watching them the day after on abc.com so we could skip commercials and pause and rewind and it has it labled as "Eggtown".

From Lostpedia:

Egg-town is a pejorative term that refers to the days of bartering, during the 1800s. A traveling salesman would have to barter his candy or tobacco or shoelaces for different commodities. A poor exchange would be for eggs, a relatively common item that is also highly perishable. Nobody wants to trade for eggs from a traveling salesman, because they have their own, so the salesman who accepted an egg in exchange was forced to accept a bad deal. Salesmen would use the term like "If I were you, I would stay away from Bogart. That's an egg-town." Of course, the lack of trust among salesmen was also high, and it was likely that one salesman would lie to another about the quality of a town's customers to keep them for himself.

Invariably, the second salesman ventures into Bogart only to find it is truly an egg-town. He is either persuaded to not visit a town that has good customers or is tricked into visiting a town that can only offer eggs. In either case, the term "egg-town" represents a deal with undesirable outcomes.

BelleCiavo
02-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I was wondering about this also however I'm pretty sure it was revealing that Kate was one of the Oceanic 6. We were never told that before. We only assumed it because we saw her off the island in the season finale but it was never stated.

I was also wondering if Jack knew he is the uncle of Aaron. I wonder if this will ever come out I'm guess it will and I'm sure Ben knows just a matter of time until it comes out I'm guessing.

I think she was counted as one of the six from last season's finale. I don't think at this point that Jack knows Aaron is his nephew, if indeed that is Claire's Aaron, but he probably reminds Jack of some tragedy that occurred on the island.

ChipnDaleGal
02-23-2008, 09:03 AM

I think that was the week before when we learned about Sayid. I don't remember that being part of last week's advertisements, but I could be wrong. This show fills your head with so many theories they all just swirl around and make it hard to remember.

tinkerbell04
02-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I think that was the week before when we learned about Sayid. I don't remember that being part of last week's advertisements, but I could be wrong. This show fills your head with so many theories they all just swirl around and make it hard to remember.

I was thinking the same thing, I thought that was last week's episode. :mickey:

2Epcot
02-23-2008, 11:43 AM
This show fills your head with so many theories they all just swirl around and make it hard to remember.

That's what so great about LOST. :dizzy:

Jessie
02-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks so much for explaining eggtown NJDad.

One thing I started thinking about last night is that either the "rescuers" (Charlotte, Miles, etc. not the freighter people) agree to be part of the lie or they don't make it back either. When Jack initially contacted the freighter did he let them know how many had survived? Or are the only people who know the true numbers Charlotte and crew once they get there?

Also, has it been decided who the plus 1 is? I'm thinking it's Desmond since he goes with Sayid on the Helicopter.

I read a theory elsewhere that Miles is Ben's man on the boat and the amount asked for was code, but I tend to disagree with that since Miles has shown he's very much so about money. It wouldn't surprise me that he would be willing to make a deal with Ben.

Beast_fanatic
02-23-2008, 02:14 PM

I heard a commercial on Thursday (this week) that said it.

Jenemmy
02-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Just watched an interesting video podcast with Evangeline Lily where she is talking about being Aaron's mom. She said that she had always thought if she could play any other character on LOST, it would be Claire, because she would get that beautiful baby. So, she said she was excited when she read the script for Eggtown.

Also, she said she didn't presently know if Kate stole him, or if he was given to her....she just knew she got her wish. So -- unless that writer's throw her a curve ball along with the rest of us, sounds like she thinks it is Claire's Aaron, and not another baby that Kate and Sawyer had.

Beast_fanatic
02-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Why can't Lost be on tonight like it used to be? :bored:

PirateLover
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM

Because it was losing to American Idol's RESULTS show at one point. Desperate times... But yeah I still get confused sometimes and panic and think it's on weds nights. I'm just mad they'll be bumping it back to 10 again when Grey's comes back. I like Greys but I don't like them on the same night, and I would prefer to watch LOST live and DVR Greys for later than vice versa (which is what I have to do if I'm working the next day. 10 is late!)

bleukarma
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM

That's what I say to myself every week. Every Wed I look forward to it and then Wed comes and I realize I have to wait one more day. :(

I wonder what adventures tonight will bring us?!!

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder what adventures tonight will bring us?!!

With it being a Desmond episode, I think we can expect a trippy ride tonight with some jaw dropping moments. I can not wait!!

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
I haven't had a chance to check--what is the name of the episode tonight? I am looking forward to it being a Desmond episode. Wonder if there will be flashbacks or flash-forwards? Maybe we'll get a few more clues from Penny.

Oh--and still looking forward to that Sawyer avatar, Donna! ;)

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I haven't had a chance to check--what is the name of the episode tonight? I am looking forward to it being a Desmond episode. Wonder if there will be flashbacks or flash-forwards? Maybe we'll get a few more clues from Penny.

Oh--and still looking forward to that Sawyer avatar, Donna! ;)

It is called "The Constant", Beth.

I was gonna switch to my Sawyer avatar this morning, but I forgot about it while I was brushing my teeth. I will have to do it tonight when I get home. :D

tinkerbell04
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I am looking forward to it being a Desmond episode. Wonder if there will be flashbacks or flash-forwards? Maybe we'll get a few more clues from Penny.

I hope so too! I really think that Penny holds a lot of answers in this giant puzzle.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2008, 10:50 PM
There's the Sawyer that we all know and love! Thanks, Donna!

Very interesting episode tonight. Flashbacks that were really flash-forwards, in a way. And it appears that it is about time travel--well, mind travel, actually. As usual, it's given me a lot to think about. I really feel convinced that it does have something to do with Penny's father. Why else would he give Desmond Penny's new address? It's almost like he wanted (or needed) Desmond to find her and establish her as his "constant".

I was also intrigued by the painting of the ship and the diary that goes with it. My husband pointed out that it could be the "black ship" that was found on the island.

ChipnDaleGal
02-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I was also intrigued by the painting of the ship and the diary that goes with it. My husband pointed out that it could be the "black ship" that was found on the island.

Beth, I think they called it the Black Rock when the auction began. I will have to go back and watch that part again.

I liked last night's episode. Henry Ian Cusick is such a wonderful actor. You can see all the terror, confusion and regret that poor Desmond has to be experiencing written all over his face and in his eyes.

I am also very convinced that Penny's father plays a huge role in how all of this Island Mystery stuff will end up. I think his money is behind at least one of the groups wrestling for control of the Island and its power.

Jenemmy
02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Beth, I think they called it the Black Rock when the auction began. I will have to go back and watch that part again.

They definitely said it was the Black Rock, which was lost at sea, during the autction, and it was the Black Rock ledger that was being auctioned. Did anyone catch that the auctioneer said it was being offered by the Hanso foundation??

I think Papa Widmore is trying to find a way to get to the island and has a lot to do with the freighter being there.

I found myself wondering last night just how many people are doing the mind travel that Desmond, Minkowski and presumably Daniel are doing. I am wondering if Ben has, and that's how he knows so much about who was on 815, and knows what the plans are of the freighter folks. Of course, I haven't noticed any killer nose bleeds on Ben....;)

tinkerbell04
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
WOW! This was a totally mind bending episode, no puns intended! I definetly caught them offering the journal by the Hanso foundation. I definitely think that Papa Widmore has alot to do with whatever is going on.

Jenemmy
02-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Have to add that I L-O-V-E-D that last phone call between Penny and Desmond.....<sigh>. Those actors are phenomenal! I re-watched that scene this morning just for the sheer romance factor of it:blush:, but caught something I missed last night. Penny knows about the island??? She said she had been researching it. I was so feeling the love when I originally watched it that her words on that just didn't sink in.

chrisb26
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I thought last night’s episode was pretty good! That Desmond thing was interesting how he was jumping in time like that.

I'm trying to figure out if Penny's dad knows about the island or not. Yes he was buying that Black Rock book however that was in either 98 or 96 can't remember what year Desmond said it was which was before they were at the island. However I did notice it said the Hanso Family I thought that was pretty interesting.

I'm still trying to figure out who the man on the boat is that Ben knows. My guess is that it is Michael but why Michael would be back near the island is strange. However we do know that both Hurley and Jack want to go back to the island after they got off so maybe the same type of thing is happening to Michael. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The fact that Penny knew about the island and was researching it wasn't a real big surprise to me. I figured that after she got in contact with Charlie we knew she had been searching for Desmond. What I'm trying to figure out is why she was contacting the boat but then said she didn't know about the boat to Charlie. My guess is that she didn't know about the boat she was trying to contact the island but those transmissions were intercepted by the boat which is off shore.

Oh and incase you were wondering about the rest of the season here is when the air dates are:

Episode 6: March 6
Episode 7: March 13
Episode 8: March 20
Episode 9: April 24
Episode 10: May 1
Episode 11: May 8
Episode 12: May 15
Episode 13: May 22 (season finale)

So looks like we'll be getting a break of about a month after Episode 8 which I guess they had to do so they could film the rest of the season. Problem is I just know they'll leave us on some sort of cliff hanger after episode 8.

Dixie Springs
02-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Desmond's 'real' flashback adds a whole new dimension to this show. I wonder how many oddities over the past 3 seasons will be explained by this phenomenon. For all we know, 'Jacob' could be an 82 year old Walt...

MNNHFLTX
02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
The fact that Penny knew about the island and was researching it wasn't a real big surprise to me. I figured that after she got in contact with Charlie we knew she had been searching for Desmond. What I'm trying to figure out is why she was contacting the boat but then said she didn't know about the boat to Charlie. My guess is that she didn't know about the boat she was trying to contact the island but those transmissions were intercepted by the boat which is off shore.
I'm not 100&#37; sure, but I don't think Penny ever contacted the boat. I think she was probably putting out signals trying to contact the island and happened to come across Charlie's transmission.

Penny must have been searching for Desmond for quite a while. After the hatch blew up those guys at the North Pole reported to her that there was an abnormal electromagnetic reading. That could have helped her focus her search on that area. I also think she must have found something out between the time that Desmond left on his boat and when she started searching for him. Maybe she found something out about it through her father. In fact, in the present day, we still don't know what her father is up to--is he "The Economist"? Anyway, she was still pretty steamed at Desmond when he showed at her new place and asked to get her number; she pretty much kicked him out the door. Yet she is obviously a totally different mindset when Desmond calls December, 2004.

One thing that came to mind during this episode was whether Walt had been experiencing the mind travel thing. Remember how from a young age he seemed to know what was going to happen? Maybe it was because he had already experienced it, like Desmond.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Penny ever contacted the boat. I think she was probably putting out signals trying to contact the island and happened to come across Charlie's transmission.

If I remember correctly... I think it was Minkowski (the other guy in the sick bay) said to Desmond and Sayid that when he was working communications for the freighter that they kept receiving calls or transmissions from Penelope and were told by "someone" not to answer them. Wonder why?

Definately a very interesting show last night. The fact that he made contact with his "constant" and "fixed" himself was great!
Did you notice that Rolley's "constant" in his diaries is Desmond?

elmjimmlm
03-06-2008, 01:01 AM
What I want to know is when they flash to future, they refer to the Oceanic 6...They have showed Jack, Sayid, Kate, Hurley and the baby...Who else is off the island? And who was the funeral for that Jack went too that no one showed up for? I think that maybe its Sawyer...Also I saw Sun on The View and she said that this week you will meet all the survivors...What does this mean? There are so many twists and turns, no wonder they call it "Lost" because thats what I am...Lost...:confused:

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
New episode tonight! Last week’s Desmond episode had my mind racing…it was a little strange!!! I’m so happy he finally got to talk to Penny, which is all he has wanted all this time. I did notice that said she knew about the island, but she probably didn’t know about the boat because they weren’t picking up her calls.

So, tonight we are going to find out who the rest of the Oceanic 6 is? Good…it will be one less mystery! But I’m sure it will open up more questions…as usual. :crazy:

Lacy
03-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Great episode! Not quite as good as the Desmond episode last week but still good. We actually got some answers. Penny's dad is turning out to be quite important to the whole story and Ben was as creepy as usual.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Ben was as creepy as usual.

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie, with that comment! Yikes! He gave me goosebumps several times last night. And not the good kind.

I thought it was a good episode too. Not one of the fast paced ones, but we did get some wonderful little nuggets of information. Poor Juliet has really had a lot to deal with since she came to the island.

MNNHFLTX
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Not a real exciting episode, but still interesting, especially seeing a more typical flashback again, rather than a flash-forward, or a flashback that is actually a flash-forward. (You know, elmjimmlm, you might be right--maybe they did call it Lost because that's what viewers would be until the end of the series.)

Some thought-provoking moments:

--When Ben and Juliet talk about Zach and Emma settling in well, but what to do when they ask about their mother? Made me realize they were talking about the children they took from the tail section survivors.

--So it appears that Locke made a deal with the devil (Ben). And who is Ben's "man on the boat"? Since Ben told Locke he might want to sit down, it is obviously someone that Locke knows. Since Michael was supposed to rejoin the series this season, it makes sense to me that it might be him. The video that Ben showed Locke must be relatively new--since he said he "taped over" the Red Sox game and presumably that was the world series game that Jack watched when he was being held captive by the Others.

--How did Juliet's therapist/Goodwin's wife suddenly appear to Juliet and Jack and then just as suddenly disappear? Was it the Smoke Monster, doing Ben's/Jacob's bidding? And where is Jacob these days?

--And probably my biggest question--is Miles still in the boathouse with a grenade clenched between his teeth???

bleukarma
03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
You guys were right about Penny’s dad. I wonder why he’s so interested in this island? Isn’t it odd that the island Penny’s dad is interested in happens to be the same island that Desmond crashed into during his boat race? Coincidence? I wonder what the guy did that Penny’s dad beat up? I know he worked for Ben…but did he do something or is working for Ben enough to get him killed?

The people from the boat still seem weird to me. I don’t know if I trust them, but if I don’t then that means I trust Ben and I don’t like that idea either! One of them is up to something and one of them almost killed everyone on the island! Hmm…

Where are all of Ben’s people? The therapist came back to “visit” Juliet, where are the rest?

You have to admit…the actor that plays Ben is good at pulling off the creepy factor!!!!!

PirateLover
03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
--How did Juliet's therapist/Goodwin's wife suddenly appear to Juliet and Jack and then just as suddenly disappear? Was it the Smoke Monster, doing Ben's/Jacob's bidding? And where is Jacob these days?

My "theory" is that she was the monster. Ben or Jacob or someone controls it and can make it take any form they want. They always hear whispers before they see the visions, and Juliette heard whispers. Also the girl was gone SO fast that it was ridiculous.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]Where are all of Ben’s people? The therapist came back to “visit” Juliet, where are the rest?
As I said above I'm not sure that I believe it was the therapist in her physical form BUT I've had that question for awhile and just assumed I missed something. I mean, wasn't there a whole different group that wanted to split off from Ben? Where did they go??? I think I should've re watched season 3.

Jenemmy
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
My "theory" is that she was the monster. Ben or Jacob or someone controls it and can make it take any form they want. They always hear whispers before they see the visions, and Juliette heard whispers. Also the girl was gone SO fast that it was ridiculous.

I agree the therapist was the smoke monster. Remember the episode last season where Juliet and Kate were together in the jungle and the smoke monster seemed to "scan" them (all the flashy lights)....I think that somehow gets into their minds and then can manifest itself into something from their subconscious. Yemi, Christian Shepherd, Boone, Ben's Mom, Kate's Horse, Sayid's cat.....I think that was all smoky. I just don't know who is controlling it. Ben??? Jacob??? Papa Widmore???

chrisb26
03-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Well I must say that episode wasn't as great as last weeks episode but I thought it was still pretty good!

I was happy to see a Flashback again I think we needed them. Although I must say at first I really thought it was a Flash Forward that was until I saw Tom who we know is dead.

I am not sure if that woman was the Smoke Monster or not. I'm not so sure the smoke monster can transform into other things but something else might be making things appear. Maybe they have some way of teleporting? Another reason I'm not so sure it was the Smoke Monster is when she appeared and disappeared we heard those voices usually when the smoke monster is near we hear a different noise. But who knows lol

I still am not so sure who is really good and who is not. I mean the Faraday did shut down the gas but does that mean they are good? I wouldn't say so. I also want to know if Ben was telling the truth when he said if my people wanted me back they would have stormed the place. Maybe he doesn't want to go back to his other people yet. I would like to know where all the others fled to though. But we did find about a new place last night which is always cool!

As far as the Ben's man on the boat. I'm almost positive it is going to be Michael. I mean the preview for next week said something about somebody you never expected to see again will return. So that can either be somebody who has died or left the island. I don't think we are going to be seeing somebody return from the dead. But if you think about it would you ever expect to see Michael again? I mean he killed two people before he left I wouldn't think he would want to be back.

But looks like we'll find out next week!

NotaGeek
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
The episode this week wasn't nearly as good as the last 2 ... I hope this isn't the new trend ... last week's episode was BRILLIANT ... I find the Juliette storyline snorsville. :sleepin:

Melanie
03-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Apparently there are problems with sun spots affecting our TV here this time of year, and I guess that's what happened tonight with Lost, because the last 10 minutes was black screen. :unsure: Anything super-revealing at the end I missed?

And I'm totally thrown off by the dude playing Penny's dad since he also plays Bradford Meade on Ugly Betty. :crazy:

ChipnDaleGal
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Mel, the last scene was Hurley and Sawyer playing horse shoes in their yard. Then Ben comes walking by, real casual, holding some clothes and walks up to the house beside them. Sawyer and Hurley are freaked to see Ben outside, and he just calmly, and in creepy Ben fashion, rather sweetly, says something like "see you guys later". It was like neighbors greeting each other over a fence. So I guess Locke has let him loose. What was the last thing you saw with Juliet?

PirateLover
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
And I'm totally thrown off by the dude playing Penny's dad since he also plays Bradford Meade on Ugly Betty. :crazy:

That guy is everywhere! He was Caleb on the O.C. and was a vice president on 24 one season! He must have a great agent...

Melanie
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
What was the last thing you saw with Juliet?

The last flashback I saw was Juliet and Ben at the "dinner party". The last real time thing was when she was holding the gun on Daniel.

Thanks Donna!

ChipnDaleGal
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Did you see the part when Ben took her out to see Goodwin's dead body?

Melanie
03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Did you see the part when Ben took her out to see Goodwin's dead body?

No. How awful.

ChipnDaleGal
03-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Okay, that was kind of a big scene. That is when he let her know that he knew about her and Goodwin. She accused him of sending Goodwin off to be killed intentionally. Then he said "what did you expect. You were brought here for me!" It was the moment that she knew for sure she was never getting off the island. And that is why she told Jack they can't be together because Ben won't let them. And then Jack kissed her and said for Ben to bring it on. That was right at the end too, so you might have missed that as well. Overall it was a quiter episode, but it certainly reminded us how creepy and manipulative Ben is.

Jenemmy
03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
m. Sawyer and Hurley are freaked to see Ben outside, and he just calmly, and in creepy Ben fashion, rather sweetly, says something like "see you guys later". It was like neighbors greeting each other over a fence.

Right... he said "see you guys at dinner" very non-chalantly, like he was just part of their little group. I tell ya, that guy has got to be one of the best actors I have seen in a while.

I thought the episode was OK (not as good as some this season) and I don't mind Juliet's character....but that little glimpse of Hurley and Sawyer for all of a minute and a half at the end made me realize that I miss the original, LOST characters when you don't see them much during an episode.

Mufasa
03-10-2008, 07:46 AM
The episode this week wasn't nearly as good as the last 2 ... I hope this isn't the new trend ... last week's episode was BRILLIANT

Not to worry, this week's episode definitely won't disappoint! There will be a lot to talk about afterwards.

You can expect some significant answers that will probably lead to more questions in typical lost fashion- quite a few twists that might not make sense until the end of the episode when you'll piece things together and then prepare for a very shocking ending (even by lost standards).

Anything super-revealing at the end I missed?
I don't think there was anything super-revealing at the end of last week's episode- except for when Juliet confronts Daniel and Charlotte at gun-point about the gas, Charlotte says that they are not trying to release the gas but are working to disable it so Ben can't release it and kill everyone on the island because they know that he's done it before (which would indicate that the people from the freighter are aware of the island purge).

Now, I have a theory that I've been thinking about especially since the recent episode "The Constant", but highlight the text below if you're interested:

So what's the deal with the "Oceanic 6" being able to leave the island? Well, since the recent episode focused on Desmond we learned about the significance of exposure to high EMP and the side-effects of time-travel (the need to have a "constant" to counter-act the effects of the jump through time/space if you've been exposed to high levels of EMP)

However, we can assume the others were able to come/go from the island freely from last week's episode without side effects.

Well, that made me think back to when the hatch exploded. That was the moment that you might remember the sky turned purple as we saw that moment from 2 different perspectives- a group that was on the dock with Ben and the others (Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley) and there was also the boat offshore waiting for a signal (Sayid, Sun and Jin).

You could also include Michael and Walt in that group, since they had made it away from the island at the time of the hatch explosion (although Michael and Walt could be the other 2 that Jack was referring to in the episode with Kate as being initial survivors of the crash, but not part of the Oceanic 6).

I don't count Ben as an Oceanic 6 member, since I think a condition of the 6 is that they were on the original flight manifest and again, I presume that he's been able to come and go from the island freely before (he would not want the attention/scrutiny to come from being part of the 6).

So at the time of the hatch's explosion, they were not near the hatch and thus were not exposed to the high levels of EMP that everyone else presumably was which would mean they should be side-effect free from traveling to/from the island.

Also, keep in mind who we've so far learned are members of the Oceanic 6- (Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid)- and keep in mind who wasn't near the EMP blast when you learn the remaining identity of the Oceanic 6 this week- if they're from this group that wasn't exposed to EMP that could prove to be a significant detail and that means there's more to learn of the 1 person in that group that is free to travel that didn't make the trip for whatever reason.

Jeff G
03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Apparently there are problems with sun spots affecting our TV here this time of year, and I guess that's what happened tonight with Lost, because the last 10 minutes was black screen. :unsure: Anything super-revealing at the end I missed?

You may know this already but just in case you don't you can go to ABC's website and watch the episode on the web, a way to catch the final 10 minutes(and being mostly commercial free the online episode is only about 40 minutes). I didn't think the part you saw showed much but the last 10 seemed to reveal quite a bit that will be relevant to the next few weeks.

MNNHFLTX
03-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Okay, that was kind of a big scene. That is when he let her know that he knew about her and Goodwin. She accused him of sending Goodwin off to be killed intentionally. Then he said "what did you expect. You were brought here for me!" ....Overall it was a quiter episode, but it certainly reminded us how creepy and manipulative Ben is.Ben is creepy, but he has the best lines (along with Hurley and Sawyer, I think). It was a terribly morbid scene when Ben brought Juliet to Goodwin's body, but when he declared boldy that Juliet was his and then tucked his head and told Julliet "take all the time you need" with Goodwin's body, I just had to shake my head. That and when Locke brought him some rabbit meat for supper and he asked "This didn't have a number on it, did it?"

Mufasa, your theory is definitely something to think about. That would explain why certain people were part of the Oceanic 6 and who the last remaining member is. But I have one question that I'll put in spoilers too:

Presumably baby Aaron was with Claire when the hatch exploded, so he would have been exposed to high EMP. Why is is that he could leave the island?

ChipnDaleGal
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Right... he said "see you guys at dinner" very non-chalantly, like he was just part of their little group. I tell ya, that guy has got to be one of the best actors I have seen in a while.

I feel the same way. Michael Emerson is a great actor. He makes Ben so creepy and yet so compelling. I want to know more about him and I also never want to see him again. Very good actor.

Mufasa
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Mufasa, your theory is definitely something to think about. That would explain why certain people were part of the Oceanic 6 and who the last remaining member is. But I have one question that I'll put in spoilers too:

That is an excellent question I've thought about:

Does it matter that Aaron was born on the island- and could there possibly be something to the vaccine injections?

However with the vaccine- Desmond still got sick as he left the island but he was able to beat the sickness because he located his constant.

There definitely is something to the EMP exposure, since it was one of Daniel's key questions- whether anyone had been exposed to large amounts of EMP recently.

Aaron could be a wild card in all of this. I still wonder about the references of Claire needing to raise the baby on her own, or a great evil would be unleashed. If Kate is raising Aaron, then what happened to Claire?

There are many connections that we've seen between the survivors on the island in Lost that have shown up in flashbacks- so perhaps they all need one another in the sense of being "constants" in each other's lives but Aaron shifts things (he already altered expectations because he survived being born on the island) so he's not affected, but is pivotal in a similar way that Walt is destined with the island (if that makes sense).

Another thought is that there may be a different effect on children- from what we've seen of Walt through the visions and the off-island Aaron (from Kate's flash-forward)- both seem to have aged unusually fast. Perhaps there are different effects on children related to time and in Aaron's case the EMP exposure does not matter.

Melanie
03-10-2008, 06:10 PM
You may know this already but just in case you don't you can go to ABC's website and watch the episode on the web, a way to catch the final 10 minutes(and being mostly commercial free the online episode is only about 40 minutes).

Thank you, and I would love to, but the networks restrict those viewing their website content to those living in the US only. :mad:

Jessie
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
--And probably my biggest question--is Miles still in the boathouse with a grenade clenched between his teeth???

This comment had me :funny::funny: . I mean it's been a few days right?! Poor guy.

Lacy
03-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Very interesting theory Mufasa. Thanks for sharing!

I'm looking forward to this week's episode. The more I reflect on last week's episode I still think it was a good episode. It was kind of nice to learn a bit more about what it was like for Juliet with the others.

MNNHFLTX
03-13-2008, 10:43 PM
This show made me tear up.... In a way, it only confirmed what I was afraid of--that either Sun or Jin didn't survive. But it was still hard to watch. Very clever tactic though. It was my DS that figured out that Sun was having a flash-forward and Jin was having a flashback. Sad too, that no one but Hurley came to see Sun. I'm guessing that Kate couldn't go because of Aaron (this had to have been before her trial), and Jack couldn't go because of his guilt??

Of course, this confirmed that Michael is the spy on the boat (or does it?) The handwriting on the note passed through the door to Sayid and Desmond looked almost childlike.

So if Jin was not one of the Oceanic Six, is it possible that Sawyer is the last one??

Beast_fanatic
03-13-2008, 11:28 PM
So if Jin was not one of the Oceanic Six, is it possible that Sawyer is the last one??

The commercials said we would finally know the identity of all 6, so I think that confirms that Aaron is counted as one of them.

chrisb26
03-13-2008, 11:54 PM
I was actually surprised to see Jin has died. One of the spoilers that I read said he was one of the Oceanic 6 lol I guess not. But if you looked at the tombstone it says he died 9/22/04 which is the day the plane crashed so I guess we know for a fact he isn't one.

I thought it was a good episode tonight was no surprise at all that Michael was the man on the boat. Maybe they shouldn't have told us he was coming back and we would have been more surprised :D

Now concerning the last member of the oceanic 6 we don't know for sure who it would be my guess would be either Aaron or Ben. I wouldn't think it would be Aaron because he wasn't technically on the plane since he wasn't born yet though it would be easy enough to fake that. I think it might be Ben also. We saw a few episodes ago how many identity's Ben had. Out of the 300+ passengers on the plane how hard would it be for Ben to steal one of their Identity's? All he has to do is find somebody who didn't have any family. For example Locke all he would have to do is take his identity and pretend to be paralyzed and he has it. Or he could just take somebody we don't know that died in the crash. Also something to be considered is Michael he was on the plane how many people know he made it back to land? He could very easily be a member of the oceanic 6. Especially since he has come back to the island for whatever reason.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I can't wait for next weeks episode or maybe I can next week is the last episode for a month and we know they are going to leave us with a cliff hanger bigger then normal on lost :(

elmjimmlm
03-14-2008, 12:26 AM
All I can say about tonights episode is
WHAT?!
Just when I think that I have figured out just a little bit, I get confused all over again...:confused::confused::confused:

ChipnDaleGal
03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Last night's epsiode just about killed me. I love Sun and Jin, and the thought of them not getting a happy ending is too sad to think about. I have to let myself believe that Jin is still on the Island. I want to think he did something heroic to get Sun off the Island so she and the baby would live. So I hope that grave was just part of the cover story that the Oceanic 6 seem to be giving the outside world. And maybe it is where she goes to "talk" to him. If Jin doesn't get to see his baby at some point I will be very upset. I think I cried more last night than I did when Charlie died.

I did love the fact that we were getting flash backs and flash forwards the entire episode and you didn't realize that until right up to the end. I thought something felt really off with all the Jin scenes, but I never thought he was in the past. Very, very clever.

MNNHFLTX
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
The commercials said we would finally know the identity of all 6, so I think that confirms that Aaron is counted as one of them.I know I heard that too, but I just don't buy into it at this point. I still think of Aaron as the "+1", although I guess it's possible that Sun's baby is that instead.

Jenemmy
03-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Hmmmmmmmm. Not sure what else to say!

Other than what has already been mentioned, I am curious about Hurley (great to see him in a suit!) asking Sun if there was anyone else coming and then responding with an odd "gooooood". Also curious about the captain giving up info so easily on Widmore, staged crash and such.

Anyone else notice that when Sun clicked off the TV in her flash forward that it was the show that Nikki (of Nikki and Paulo fame) was on?

fairies*n*fireflies
03-14-2008, 10:23 AM
It broke my heart to figure out the Jin dies. I hope that eventually they will explain what happens to him, or do you think that he gets left on the island? And what is the deal with Hurley being out of the Mental Inst. to be able to fly all the way to Korea to see Sun? This is definately getting very interesting... very interesting indeed.:huh:

chrisb26
03-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Anyone else notice that when Sun clicked off the TV in her flash forward that it was the show that Nikki (of Nikki and Paulo fame) was on?

I did notice that she was watching Expose with Nikki. Was neat of the producers to throw that in maybe to see if we were paying attention :D

And what is the deal with Hurley being out of the Mental Inst. to be able to fly all the way to Korea to see Sun? This is definately getting very interesting... very interesting indeed.:huh:

We don't know that he was out of the Mental Hospital. Since we don't know how much time has actually passed from the time they get off the island to the time they experience things we have seen such as Jack wanting to go back, Kate's trial, Hurley going to the Mental Hospital, and Sun having her baby. For all we know Hurley could have went to visit Sun before he went to the Mental Hospital.

MNNHFLTX
03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
And what is the deal with Hurley being out of the Mental Inst. to be able to fly all the way to Korea to see Sun?I think the time-frame that Sun's flash-forward was (about 7 months after she left the island) took place prior to Hurley's "breakdown" and hospitalization. Or maybe it happened after?

It's hard to keep track of when things are happening with all the characters' flashbacks and flash-forwards coming from different time frames. :)

KarenP
03-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Nooooooooo, not Jin!! I never thought they would kill him off. I just love him and Sun.

I was actually surprised to see Jin has died. One of the spoilers that I read said he was one of the Oceanic 6 lol I guess not. But if you looked at the tombstone it says he died 9/22/04 which is the day the plane crashed so I guess we know for a fact he isn't one.(

How can that be?? Then he would have never been on the island? Now I am really confused!

Carol
03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
How can that be?? Then he would have never been on the island? Now I am really confused!That confuses me too - and is there supposed to be a body in that grave?? :scratch:

I'm thinking along the same lines as Donna. Jin is not dead and Sun goes to the cemetery as a way of being close to him. I believe he is still on the Island. How safe he is would be another question. :unsure:

I loved their Island scenes last night. The two of them can be so tender. I love the way Jin looks at Sun. I will be VERY upset if he is dead. It broke my heart to lose Charlie. Enough is enough already!

Take some of the icky folks and kill them off - not all of our regulars. :(

chrisb26
03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
How can that be?? Then he would have never been on the island? Now I am really confused!

My guess is he isn't actually dead just not one of the people that survived in the Oceanic 6 story. If you remember what Jack said there was 8 survivors of the crash but only 6 of them made it off the island. Perhaps that means to get their story to work Jin wasn't a survivor of the crash. So I don't know if he actually dies or not but I guess in their story he doesn't survive. Although what would happen that Jin would leave Sun and stay on the island is beyond me. Especially since she is pregnant. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :(

Jenemmy
03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Forgive me if this has been addressed and I just missed it....but, wouldn't Michael be considered a survivor of Flight 815?? I mean, I know that at the moment he is known as "Kevin Johnson", but do you think the possibility exists that once this is wrapped up, he reveals he is Michael and becomes one of the Oceanic 6?

Speaking of Michael....another interesting theory I saw tossed around on a LOST message board regarding him was that: (I will put it in spoiler mode in case there are folks that don't like to hear these things!)Kevin Johnson is actually a grown up Walt and not Michael.>>>>>>

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2008, 10:23 AM
That confuses me too - and is there supposed to be a body in that grave?? :scratch:

I'm thinking along the same lines as Donna. Jin is not dead and Sun goes to the cemetery as a way of being close to him. I believe he is still on the Island.(I kind of think that theory might be right. Since there apparently was a staged plane crash into the ocean, the person in the grave could be Jin's "body double" on that plane. And Jin himself could have stayed back on island. He said that he would "do anything" to get Sun (and the baby) to safety, so maybe he had to stay behind for that to happen.

I still think there has to be some good things that happen when they wrap up the series. Otherwise they will have a lot of unhappy viewers.

ChipnDaleGal
03-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I still think there has to be some good things that happen when they wrap up the series. Otherwise they will have a lot of unhappy viewers.

That is what I think too, Beth. I am sure we are going to lose some characters that we love, there is too much danger involved in all of this to not expect more losses. But I have to believe that the writers and producers love this show just as much as we rabid fans do. So I have to believe that in the end we will get satisfying conclusions and that some of our favorites will be happy and alive in the end.

NotaGeek
03-15-2008, 11:48 AM
This episode totally confused me! They REALLY need to answer some questions. It's sad but the more then wind into this story the more I am ready for the show to end so they can tie together the loose strings.

Lacy
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
This episode totally confused me! They REALLY need to answer some questions. It's sad but the more then wind into this story the more I am ready for the show to end so they can tie together the loose strings.

I hear and understand what you're saying. I go back and forth between not being able to wait for another episode of LOST so we can learn more to just wishing they would finish it up so we can get answers to everything we've learned so far. However, I still find every new episode entertaining so I'm glad we still have another 2.5 seasons.

Definitely sad to see Jin is not one of the Oceanic 6 and now I'm really confused about that. It doesn't seem to me that Aaron should count.

chrisb26
03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Forgive me if this has been addressed and I just missed it....but, wouldn't Michael be considered a survivor of Flight 815?? I mean, I know that at the moment he is known as "Kevin Johnson", but do you think the possibility exists that once this is wrapped up, he reveals he is Michael and becomes one of the Oceanic 6?

I think Michael is much more likely to be one of the Oceanic 6 then Aaron. Technically Aaron wasn't a passenger. If he was born wouldn't he be on the manifest? If he was born on the island he wouldn't be. However Michael is. He obviously hasn't told anybody he is back because that would make headlines and since he is on the freighter and people dont know who he really is my guess is he didn't tell anybody. Those people know more about the passengers then most. So they would obviously know about Michael. So I find it very likely that he is a member of the oceanic 6.

Melanie
03-16-2008, 09:24 AM
So I have to believe that in the end we will get satisfying conclusions and that some of our favorites will be happy and alive in the end.

Yeah hopefully, because the way it's going, it's not looking so good. :unsure:

I just finished watching, and it was such a sad episode. I felt so bad for Sun that Jin wasn't there for her during the birth, and then the twist at the end. How heartbreaking! They are such a lovely couple. :(

What are we looking at for future seasons/episodes? I can't remember. How many episodes after this month break for this season? And then two more abbreviated seasons?

Jessie
03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Okay well now I've officially only cried twice while watching TV. The first time was when Charlie died, the second, this episode. I think it's that music that kills me! It's the same for both. Just so heartbreaking. I really would like to find out that Jin is alive.

With regard to Michael, that kind of felt so anti-climactic for me. I knew it was going to be him. It just seemed so obvious, ya know? Ah well.

PirateLover
03-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Normally I would've cried at the end, but my head was so close to exploding that it wasn't quite registering, lol. The Hurly "good" really threw me too.

Jessie
03-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't want Jin to be dead, but I also can't see Hurley flying all the way there just so Sun could talk to Jin's place holder. That seemed pretty legit to me.

It seems a lot of them have trouble seeing each other after the fact. I think Hurley and Sun is the first time I've seen any of them actually happy to see one another.

ChipnDaleGal
03-16-2008, 01:28 PM
What are we looking at for future seasons/episodes? I can't remember. How many episodes after this month break for this season? And then two more abbreviated seasons?

We get one more episode next week, then a break while they get the five additional episodes done to finsh this season. And then we get two more full seasons.

Jessie
03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
*dies a little inside*

chrisb26
03-16-2008, 06:58 PM
With regard to Michael, that kind of felt so anti-climactic for me. I knew it was going to be him. It just seemed so obvious, ya know? Ah well.

I do have to agree. The commercials saying "Somebody you never expected to see again" didn't hold all that true. Now if they hadn't let it slip that he was coming back this season then yes I think it would have been a surprise. But they told us he would be back so basically the ruined the surprise.

Melanie
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
We get one more episode next week, then a break while they get the five additional episodes done to finsh this season. And then we get two more full seasons.

Thanks Donna! That really does seem like a lot. Now that they've gotten into the flash forwards, I kinda wish there would only be one more full season.

fairies*n*fireflies
03-16-2008, 11:48 PM
You know they said at the end that next week someone was going to die.... wonder who it will be? Any guesses???

ChipnDaleGal
03-17-2008, 07:24 AM
You know they said at the end that next week someone was going to die.... wonder who it will be? Any guesses???

My guess is Claire. I can not imagine her sending Aaron with Kate if she was alive.

Love of Disney
03-17-2008, 09:51 AM
In regards to Micheal being one of the Oceanic 6, I don't believe we have ever seen a flash forward with him in the future. He is on the freighter now, but what is still to come? I have read some other LOST forums that believe he and Walt didn't leave the island and that Ben still has Walt on the island and that is why Micheal is helping him be a spy.

Jin being 'dead' is sad. Maybe he is alive on the island with the other crash survivors. Ben does have Sayid working for him to protect his friends? They never said who!!

Awesome show that keeps you guessing and produces so many theories. Can't wait for Thursday!!! :cool:

chrisb26
03-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I thought last nights show was pretty good! I think its the first time we have seen an episode that almost entirely flashback I think the only other one that came close is that purdge episode but I don't think that was as much. We now know that Aaron is a member of the Oceanic 6 when they had the preview for the next episodes in April they showed clips of all the members and he was one of them.

I never would have expected Mr. Widmore to be that evil although I'm not sure if Ben was telling the truth but my guess is he was since Miles didn't deny what Ben said about taking him and killing everybody else although that doesn't make it untrue.

I also thought it was kind of creepy hearing Ben say those people were more dangerious then him cause I am sure most would have told you Ben is very dangerious.

It was cool to see people that had died come back last night like Mr. Friends a.k.a Tom and Libby.

Now I'm just wondering what is going to happy to Michael now that Syaid blew his cover. But I doubt they would bring him back just to kill him off right away although they might not be able to if he is off the island or the island doesn't want him dead as Tom said.

I'm also wondering who was shooting at Alex, Rousseau, and Karl also which of them is dead or both. I mean in the preview for the episode it said someone will die which made it sound like one person. I would guess Rousseau is still alive at least I hope she is I liked her.

I'm just bummed we have to wait a month for new episodes of Lost :( This is probably my favorite season its so great!

bleukarma
03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I just have to wonder how Michael can leave the island and not tell anyone back home that there are other survivors. Maybe I’m missing something with the story line, but I think if I was a survivor of a plane crash and made my way back to NY then the first thing I would do is tell someone that there are other survivors out there. He got home before the whole “fake flight 815” came out.

Some scenes in last nights episode had me flinching! It was nerve-wracking!

I got sad when I saw Jin’s watch.

I wonder who is shooting at Alex and Roussou?

ChipnDaleGal
03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
[FONT=Arial]I wonder who is shooting at Alex and Roussou?

My guess is that it is some of Ben's Others. He had to have sent them over there to get Karl and Rousseau shot. They were both people that stood between him and Alex.

This episode was just creepy and unsettling. That flash of "Nurse Libby" scared the bejebbers out of me. I really don't like Micheal. I understand that he has been motivated to do bad things to protect Walt, but I still resent the way he sold out his friends. But I couldn't help but feel sorry for him and all that he has been through since his betrayal. He obviously feels really bad about killing Ana-Lucia and Libby, and for setting up Jack and the others. It was painful to watch him struggle with that guilt. Great job of acting by Harold.

I hate to wait four weeks for more Lost. :cry:

Nascfan
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
My guess is that it is some of Ben's Others. He had to have sent them over there to get Karl and Rousseau shot. They were both people that stood between him and Alex.

That would be my guess too Donna.

How do we know Zeek/Tom is telling the truth about Widmore doing the "fake" plane? For all we know those could have been photos from Ben's others digging up the graves. And of course invoices can be faked for the plane purchase. Etc. I still think Ben is pure evil. But that may just be me. Wouldn't it be a kicker if it turned out that Ben is actually working FOR Widmore in the end? THAT would be a twist!

So Aaorn is definitely the 6th? I'm having a little bit of a tough time digesting that because he was in his mom's belly at the time of the crash, therefore not technically a passenger. Maybe I'm splitting hairs too much. Or maybe Claire is one of the two that "survived" for awhile according to Jack's witness stand testimony.

Ugh, the hiatus is going to be tough.

Jasper
03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Y'all do know why the series is called "lost" don't you? It's because if you haven't kept up with it from the beginning you are completely lost!!

I agree it is a good show and I did start off watching it regularly and then for whatever reasons didn't keep up. Then when I tried to get back into it the thing had gone in so many directions that there was no way to catch up.

Jenemmy
03-21-2008, 05:50 PM

Yeah -- plus, Ben certainly doesn't want Alex getting pregnant on the island.....there is his motivation to take Karl out right there....

fairies*n*fireflies
03-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I totally agree, I think Ben had them killed. I really believe he is truly evil. And if the island, "doesn't want" Michael to die, then maybe it didn't want Tom and Libby dead either??? Great episode though... Can't wait for this month hiatus to be over!

2Epcot
03-25-2008, 09:08 PM
How do we know Zeek/Tom is telling the truth about Widmore doing the "fake" plane? For all we know those could have been photos from Ben's others digging up the graves. And of course invoices can be faked for the plane purchase .

From what we've seen to this point it appears the plane crash was faked since the news media has been broadcasting it, and that's what all of the friends and family of the surviors believe. In the flash forwards we've seen with Jack the media talks about the Oceanic 6, and they are getting a lot of attention. To the rest of the world these 6 were thought to be dead with the others, now alive, so that has made them sort of celebrities ... More so then if the plane had been found with a few survivors at the start.

Love of Disney
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I totally agree, I think Ben had them killed. I really believe he is truly evil. And if the island, "doesn't want" Michael to die, then maybe it didn't want Tom and Libby dead either??? Great episode though... Can't wait for this month hiatus to be over!

Good thought!!

I too can't wait for it to start back up!! :fit:
LOST is so addictive!!

Beast_fanatic
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
How do we know Zeek/Tom is telling the truth about Widmore doing the "fake" plane? For all we know those could have been photos from Ben's others digging up the graves. And of course invoices can be faked for the plane purchase.

From what we've seen to this point it appears the plane crash was faked since the news media has been broadcasting it, and that's what all of the friends and family of the surviors believe. In the flash forwards we've seen with Jack the media talks about the Oceanic 6, and they are getting a lot of attention. To the rest of the world these 6 were thought to be dead with the others, now alive, so that has made them sort of celebrities ... More so then if the plane had been found with a few survivors at the start.

I think Scott was questioning Tom's "proof" that it was Widmore that staged the plane wreckage - not that it was faked.

chrisb26
03-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I think the biggest question that I have now is who staged the plan crash Ben or Widmore? They both appear to be people that it be doing that. At first I totally thought it was Ben but after learning more about the boat and Widmore's involvement it could be him also.

I will be counting the days till Lost is back except the problem is I'll be able to watch the first episode back but then I'm going to WDW and will mis the next 2 :( So I'll have to wait another 2 weeks for Lost but I guess its better to be in WDW lol :D

I'll just say thank goodness for my DVR!

Nascfan
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I think Scott was questioning Tom's "proof" that it was Widmore that staged the plane wreckage - not that it was faked.

Correct, thanks Rhonda.

I'm of the thinking it was Ben that staged it. I've never been able to believe anything he or Tom have said.

fairies*n*fireflies
03-27-2008, 12:08 AM
You know just when I think I have figured Ben out, bad or good, thinks change. It is going to be VERY interesting to see how this all pans out with everyone.

Jessie
03-27-2008, 05:41 PM
I may be leaning toward Ben telling the truth on this one. I also that we might now know why Sayid is working for Ben in the future. Because of how he blew Michael's cover. I wonder if that somehow leads to something bad happening that Sayid then becomes trapped by guilt much like Michael is.

I think the biggest question I want answered out of all of this is.....What IS this place? Is it the Island that has the power?

chrisb26
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Lost is back tonight! I can't wait! The preview looks like it'll be so good!

Melanie
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm glad it's back so I can get more lost! :)

PirateLover
04-25-2008, 12:35 AM
What did everyone think? I am not a fan of this time slot... Although it worked out for me tonight because the Flyers game ended 2 minutes after 10. I really enjoyed all the action, and I was thinking FINALLY! Something happened! But then at the end of the episode I was trying to figure things out and realized that while a lot happened... nothing really happened in terms of getting some real answers, lol! But at least the episodes are thoroughly enjoyable again.

PirateLover
04-25-2008, 12:36 AM
By the way, we loved the scene with Risk. That's pretty much exactly how we play... Australia is always the key!;)

MNNHFLTX
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
What did everyone think? I am not a fan of this time slot...Me either. I wish it was on an hour earlier.

I thought the show was very interesting. It struck me midway through how the tone of the show is evolving. In the first couple of seasons there was an innocence about it, even though it was interspersed with violence here and there. Now as our questions are answered, it seems darker and grittier. I mean, in this season alone, what is the number of people that have died or been killed? Anyway, I was shocked to see Alex just get shot like that, point-blank. And while they made Ben look more human (if that's possible) in this episode, there is still that question of whether he really is a "good guy", as he claims, or evil.

High point of the show was seeing Sawyer back in form, rescuing Claire from that house. And it was actually kind of cool to see Smokey come to the rescue too (so it is controlled by Ben? Or is it Jacob?) And I liked how Bernard helped catch Daniel in a lie.

But once again, more questions arise, like what did Ben mean when he said "he changed the rules"? And what will happen to Penny now that Ben is on a vendetta against Charles Widmore?

chrisb26
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
The new Lost timeslot is alright with me since its only 9:00 here when it comes on.

I thought last nights episode was great! I do have to agree how it is becoming more dark now as it is progressing.

This episode actually made me feel so bad for Ben when they killed Alex and I think the look on his face was the same as mine. I really do believe he was saying he didn't care so they wouldn't kill her. Then when they did I felt so bad. So right now I'm so confused is Ben really the bad guy? Because I have to tell you if it is Widmore who is good then I don't know how that can be considering his guys killed an innocent girl for nothing.

I was happy to see Smokey back he was I think bigger then we have ever seen him he was huge! Now the question is does Ben know what it is and controls it or does he just know how to make it very angry.

Guess we'll find out eventually :)

ChipnDaleGal
04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Being a Sawyer fan from the very first episode, I was so happy to see him show his true colors last night. He risked himself for both Claire and Hurley. I am certain he will be a hero before this all ties up.

Ben creeps me out, and I am almost always convinced that he is evil to the core. But the wonderful thing about his character is that there is always just a hint of something that you want to think is good. I think it hurt him badly when Alex was executed, showing a spark of humanity at least. I was starting to feel convinced that he was truthful when talking to Sayid in the flash forward about Widmore killing Nadia. And then as he walks away from Sayid he gets that all too familiar smirk on his face. Like he just told Sayid a whopper and got him to believe it. I wonder if it will come down to the final epsiode of the series to find out which side he really is on?

I love and hate how quicky each episode goes by. I think it proves how much the writers have amped the story telling up. Great episode, but now a whole long week to wait to see what happens next.

MNNHFLTX
04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I was starting to feel convinced that he was truthful when talking to Sayid in the flash forward about Widmore killing Nadia. And then as he walks away from Sayid he gets that all too familiar smirk on his face. Like he just told Sayid a whopper and got him to believe it.
Oh yes, I had forgotten about that smirk!! That was one of those moments where it was very easy to hate Ben again.

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Very interesting that no one talked about last week's episode. I was too upset to talk about it. Being a Sawyer fan, I did not like seeing a future with Jack and Kate living as a couple. So I figured I didn't care for the episode because of that development. Besides being mad, I didn't think it moved the story along very much. I am curious if it missed the mark with the rest of you too. I am really looking forward to tonight with the pursuit of Jacob's cabin. I am expecting it to be freaky.

PirateLover
05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I do like Sawyer, but I have to be honest I never really saw Kate and Sawyer getting together in the future. I knew right off the bat that was Kate in the shower. The Jack and Kate on and off story has been painted since the first episode.

I wasn't a huge fan mainly because I dislike the episodes that paint 1000 more questions and don't really answer ANYTHING. Also there was no suspense. We knew jack wasn't going to die... all the appendectomy plot line gave us was the question of why he got sick in the first place, and the fact that he and kate love each other.

ChipnDaleGal
05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I definitely need to watch last night's episode over again. Lot's of weirdness going on. Ben acts defeated, Richard is timeless, Claire and Christian were both super creepy in the cabin. Keamy is like some bionic robot man of evil. Obviously Locke is very tied into all the Island Mystery. My brain is overloaded with new theories, etc. And now Jacob wants the Island moved?? Oh, okay....????

elmjimmlm
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
The preview for next week was showing them being called the Oceanic 6 on a I assume a rescue helicopter...Are they being rescued then? So in the last episode of last season Jack was frantic to get back...Do you think maybe he has tried but couldnt find the island because Locke moved it?:confused:
Who is the guy that was looking at Locke when he was born and came to try to recruit him in his school? Do you notice that he doesnt age?
Do you think at the end of all this that all will be answered or will it still be confusing?

MNNHFLTX
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Who is the guy that was looking at Locke when he was born and came to try to recruit him in his school? Do you notice that he doesnt age?
That was Richard, one of those that was living on the Island before the Dharma Initiative and instrumental (from what I remember) in convincing Ben to eventually help kill off the rest of the Dharma Initiative group. And yes, that is the thing--he never ages.

Donna, like you I will have to watch last night's episode again, but for me it was because I kept dozing off! I was extra tired, that's for sure, but despite everything that went on the show just didn't capture my brain as much last night. I found Locke's flash-backs to be interesting--obviously with a young mother that abandoned him and a father who was a con-artist, he has major attachment issues later in life. But with his picture of the smoke monster, it appears that he had some special abilities as a child (maybe like Walt?). And of course Richard rejecting him cause he chose the knife--I'm still thinking about that one.

I actually thought Claire's appearance in the cabin was kind of a "huh?" moment. I mean, just like that she appears? And in next week's episode when they say that they "lost" Claire, does it mean she disappeared or she died? So maybe we'll find out how Kate came to be a mother to Aaron. Anyway, I was expecting spookier things once they found the cabin again; it just seemed a little anticlimatic.

One thing that did boggle my mind was when they had the doctor (alive) on the ship and they got that morse code message from Daniel, saying that the doctor was dead. So obviously there is the time-space continuum thing going on there.

You know, as much as he creeps me out sometimes, some of the best moments in the show belong to Ben. Loved it when he and Hurley shared a candy bar.

Anyway, I'm sure I missed a lot in my sleepy moments. I'm definitely going to watch this one again.

Mufasa
05-10-2008, 08:56 AM
And of course Richard rejecting him cause he chose the knife--I'm still thinking about that one.

The setup of the test was interesting because it makes one think of the process that is used to verify the Dalai Lama.

Now when I saw the test with Richard and young Locke, it made me think back to the events of Locke's meeting with Richard on the island.

It was in the episode from last season where Locke is shown the "magic box" by Ben where he sees father and is brought into the Others camp and is told by Ben that to join their group he has to make a gesture of commitment to the island and thus kill his father and is handed a knife for that purpose- but Locke backs away at which point Ben takes the knife from Locke and announces to the Others that Locke is not the man who they all thought he was.

The next morning Richard comes in to meet with Locke and from the conversation it sounds like their first introduction (but of course now we know it isn't the first time they've met). Richard tells Locke that Ben knew he couldn't kill his father, and had set up that situation in front of the Others so everyone would watch him fail.

Locke then asks why Ben would do something like that and Richard explains that Ben was worried because the Others were starting to think Locke might be very special and Richard says that Locke needs to find his purpose and in order for that to happen his father needs to go.

Then there's an ironic statement when Ben announces that the Others are moving on and they have to leave Locke and his father behind- I'll have to get the DVD out and rewatch the episode, but I think Locke says something like you can't leave me behind at which point Ben says "Don't tell me what I can't do John" or something like that which is an interesting twist of roles in a way.

Something I wonder about though is why Locke didn't recognize Richard in their meeting on the island at that point last season.

chrisb26
05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
So in the last episode of last season Jack was frantic to get back...Do you think maybe he has tried but couldnt find the island because Locke moved it?:confused:

I was thinking this but not about Jack. Reason being from that episode where Jack said he was trying to find it the only real way he was trying to was by flying all over the world hoping the plane would crash.

The real person I thought about when Locke said they needed to move the island was Ben. We know that he and Widmore are trying to find it again. Which would of course tie in the the Locke moving the island. Since Ben should know exactly where to find it. However if it was moved then chances are Ben doesn't know where to look.

I actually thought Claire's appearance in the cabin was kind of a "huh?" moment. I mean, just like that she appears? And in next week's episode when they say that they "lost" Claire, does it mean she disappeared or she died? So maybe we'll find out how Kate came to be a mother to Aaron. Anyway, I was expecting spookier things once they found the cabin again; it just seemed a little anticlimatic.

I was a little shocked to see Claire in the cabin although not sure why I was considering she had left with him in last weeks episode. However I am not sure we are going to find out what exactly happened to her. After watching the preview again it is Sawyer who said they "lost" her. Which obviously is true because she walked off. So hopefully we will find out why exactly she was acting like she did this past week. Because she acted like she didn't even care she didn't have Aaron which we all know she cares very much for him.

The setup of the test was interesting because it makes one think of the process that is used to verify the Dalai Lama.

Something I wonder about though is why Locke didn't recognize Richard in their meeting on the island at that point last season.

When I first saw this I thought the exact same thing about the Dalai Lama which I thought was strange. Did Ben have to do the same thing? I know he saw his mother who was dead but did they make him do other things before they decided he was also special?

As far as why Locke didn't recognize Richard my guess would be because it was probably 30 years before when he met him again. He was also very young in that picture. Although having something that strange happen when you are a kid would make me think you'd remember it. But I guess I can understand not remembering somebody you saw for 5 minutes when you were very young.

BelleCiavo
05-12-2008, 12:33 PM

He was pretty young when Richard came to test him. I don't remember the faces of some adults from my childhood.

Advnt05
05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I can't figure out where exactly they are going with the people who the island has chosen not being able to die. Ben for a while fit that mold. Now even Locke. It appears that the island chose him when he was a fetus and he survived at birth due to that. Then there is patchy that seems to die over and over yet keeps coming back. Are there any others that we don't know about?
Also can't figure out the time difference between the island and the ship. When they tested that theory several episodes ago, it seems like the island lagged behind the ship (package being launched to the island). With the doctor and his throat slit, the ship was behind the island in time. It's confusing to me.

MNNHFLTX
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Good question! Maybe time is accelerating on the island related to the freighter being nearby (or getting closer). Maybe the island needs a constant, just like Desmond did.

PirateLover
05-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Arrgh! We have to wait two weeks... and then the season is over! This episode had me very enthralled. When the Bad Robot popped up I was like..."Wait... No!!!!" This has been a great season so far.

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
That is how last night's episode was for us too. Maryanne. It was very emotional. You could almost feel the sadness, guilt, and fear pouring off of the Oceanic Five (I am not counting Aaron since his emotions are a little hard to read at this point). I loved, loved, loved when Sun confronted her father! She is an Asian version of a "Steel Magnolia".

I can not say it enough, how amazing an actor I think Michael Emerson is. Ben creeps the bejeebers out of me, and I go back and forth widely between him being good or bad, but he always has my full and utter attention!

What a freak out moment when Hurley saw the odometer in that car! Poor guy, those numbers do seem to follow him.

And for any Star Trek nerds, we loved seeing Ensign Ro as the Oceanic rep. Wonder if she will be around for any more episodes?

I can not wait for the two hour big finish. I have a feeling it is going to leave us all wanting much, much more!

PirateLover
05-16-2008, 09:01 AM
And for any Star Trek nerds, we loved seeing Ensign Ro as the Oceanic rep. Wonder if she will be around for any more episodes?

Ah hah! My mom kept saying that she looked familiar.. my mom and dad were Star Trek fans, they watched every series. I will have to tell her that's who it was.

BelleCiavo
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I can not wait for the two hour big finish. I have a feeling it is going to leave us all wanting much, much more!

Same here. I have a feeling that Sawyer's choice to stay is a heroic one and that's part of the reason why Jack was jealous last week (or whenever it was) when Kate did Sawyer a favor.

Do you think the voices Hurley heard when he entered the empty house were the people hiding outside or the voices from the jungle? They sounded like the latter to me.

chrisb26
05-16-2008, 05:18 PM
I really did enjoy last nights episode as usual.

I honestly don't care if Ben is pure evil or the good guy he is probably my favorite character on the show. He always says the best things. Last night's "John haven't you figured out by now I always have a plan" was one of them.

I also thought it was great Sun stood up to her dad basically saying no you'll respect me I'm now your boss lol

As far as the voices go I did totally think it was the people from the forest. I don't it was just the party people whispering.

It will be intresting to see if they Oceanic 6 get off the island this season or not. From the preview it looked like they are on the helicopter but not sure if that is another flash forward or not. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't know what I'm more bummed out about. The fact we have to wait 2 weeks for more lost or the fact that after the next episode we will have to wait till next year to watch it again :(

bleukarma
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Two hour season finale tonight!! Woot!!

I read an interview with Josh Halloway and he said that there will be a body count tonight.

I never commented about the Claire being in the cabin, but I think she is dead. She was with Christian, who we know is dead. For some reason John was able to see both of them inside the cabin. I don't think she would just abandon Aaron without something happening to her.

It will be fun to see how the Oceanic 6 actually make it off the island.

It will be frustrating to know that after this episode tonight there won't be another until next year.

J9
05-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I think my head just exploded.

WOW.

Now we have to wait until like February 2009....grrrr

MNNHFLTX
05-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, this episode has left me with much to ponder. So Jin (apparently) did die (as did Michael) and Desmond and Penny (apparently) get their happy ending. Juliet turned out to be a real hero, as did Sawyer and Ben's motives are still questionable (anyone get a little chill run down their spine when Locke questioned how he could kill Keamy and thus the people on the boat and Ben replied "So?")

I had almost convinced myself that Jeremy Bentham was Ben (seemed too much of a coincidence in the name), but it turned out to be Locke in the casket, after all. And Aaron obviously has a central role in all of this, as was foretold to Claire before she left Australia.

I know it sounds kind of strange, but as answers are revealed I find that I am feeling a little sad. Maybe because they aren't all the answers I wanted to hear, but also because they mean that we are in the home stretch of the storyline. Yes, I know there are two seasons of the show left, but it does feel like the beginning of the end of the show. I am more convinced than ever that the last season (or maybe the last two seasons) will deal with the survivors going back in "real time" and resolving things once and for all.

MNNHFLTX
05-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh, one last thought about something that I just "got"--when Jack's dad appeared to Michael before the freighter blew up and said "You can go now". It was like the island letting Michael know that he had served his purpose and it was done with him.

Very weird stuff.

Mufasa
05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Oh, one last thought about something that I just "got"--when Jack's dad appeared to Michael before the freighter blew up and said "You can go now". It was like the island letting Michael know that he had served his purpose and it was done with him.

Very weird stuff.

Which makes seeing Locke in the coffin strange, because if Michael couldn't be killed off the island, and we assume Ben can't die either off the island (from his conversation with Widmore earlier this season) then under what circumstances did Locke get killed?

I did have to laugh at the producers when the "Frozen Donkey Wheel" codename/hint they gave earlier in the season literally turned out to be a frozen donkey wheel.

PirateLover
05-30-2008, 01:19 AM
First of all I have to say this has been a great season. I think losing episodes and being forced to condense the plot and have a timeline was important to get things back on track. I thought the first hour in particular was one of the best episodes. Loved all the action.

I got that same feeling. Also got chills as you did not only when Ben responded with "so" but also the manner in which he stabbed Keamy.
I thought Ben was in the coffin up until his entrance. Then I did guess it was probably Locke... who else would Jack allow to get into his head like that? However those moments leading up to the reveal were very suspenseful.

Which makes seeing Locke in the coffin strange, because if Michael couldn't be killed off the island, and we assume Ben can't die either off the island (from his conversation with Widmore earlier this season) then under what circumstances did Locke get killed?
I'm thinking maybe he really isn't the chosen one, or the island was done with him as it was with Michael. Maybe it's all a grand plan for Ben to get back in charge, who knows?!

Here is my big question... we know from the incident with the Dr's body washing ashore and Daniel sending back the morse code message that there is a major delay in time between the island and the freighter. Why did Keamy's signal transmit seemingly instantly?

It was absolutely heart wrenching to see Sun yelling out of chopper for Jin... another thing I don't get is why she blames Jack? I guess it's because Jack grabbed Kate and didn't let her get Jin, but Kate was the one who said she'd take care of him, and ended up lolly gagging at least 30 seconds and couldn't get to him in time.

Potential spoiler for the next two seasons that I read before and may have posted earlier in the thread (can't remember).
:spoiler:
I believe it was one of the executive producers who said that
Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back.
:spoiler: