PDA

View Full Version : Help - Garden Grocer is booked - what other options do I have?

kbwatzka
12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I just tried to arrange for grocery deliveries for my upcoming trip to DW - January 1st through the 7th. We are planning on eating breakfast in our room and taking along snacks to the parks so I need things like milk, yogurt, fresh fruit, water and soda. Unfortunately, Garden Grocer is booked for the first three days (and the day before) our trip. It seems impractical to use them if they can't get groceries to us until halfway through our trip.

We are taking Magical Express from the airport to the Wilderness Lodge. We considered but have decided against using a town car (with grocery stop) for a variety of reasons. I have already shipped a package containing cereal, and other non-perishable snacks to the resort.

is anyone aware of any other online grocery delivery services that deliver to Disney resorts? Are there any grocery stores near the Wilderness Lodge? Although it would be far less convenient, perhaps my husband or I could cab it to a nearby grocery store, run in for the basics and cab it back to the Lodge.

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks,
Kelly

Beast_fanatic
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Goodings has a delivery service.

KAT1811
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
What about heading over to the Trading Post at Fort Wilderness and shopping there? Fresh fruit you can get in the parks. You're going to pay more but any of the options you have are going to cost more. In the long run you'll probably end up paying the same if you go off site to get your groceries. I know you can't bring liquids on the plane but what about bringing yogurt and fresh fruit with you and only worrying about the drinks when you get there? You could pack the yogurt in a cooler and foil to insulate them for the trip and then as soon as you land grab a few cups of ice and pour it in the cooler. I'm not sure how yogurt would be if it was frozen and then gradually thawed in the cooler. Good luck!!

CleveRocks
12-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I've used Gooding's twice. A little pricey, but incredibly convenient. You don't evenneed to schedule your delivery or be present for your delivery. They delivery ONLY to your resort's Bell Services. BS calls to see if you're in. If you are, BS delivers your groceries to you. If you're not in, they store the groceries for you (they even keep the cold stuff cold!) and leave you a message. You call back when you're good and ready and request your grocery delivery at that time.

SignguyTom
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I believe the Villas (DVC) side has a small grocery store. I know a grocery order can be placed when using DVC points for groceries to be delivered to the room. Though a little bit pricey, I'm sure the difference would cost less than taking a cab or Town Car, and a LOT more convenient.