PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square review

laprana
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Tony's was the first of 4 TS meals we had during our Dec. 8-13 WDW trip. I have to admit, I was a little nervous because I had read some not-so-stellar reviews here about the food and service. But we (me, my sister, and my mom) were up for trying new restaurants this time and we had never been to Tony's before. We were pleasantly surprised! :thumbsup:

We were seated promptly for our 4:35 ADR and had a nice corner booth/table where we could see a lot of the restaurant. It's beautiful inside! The Christmas decorations added a nice touch, too. Our server arrived quickly and took our drink orders, then came back and took our appetizer and entree orders. I had the spinach and artichoke dip for my appetizer and it was delicious! It was a little rich and I could only finish about half of it, but it was very, very good. My mom had the tomato and mozarella salad and my sister had the mixed greens salad. Both said the salads were tasty, although my sister's was completely drenched in dressing and she didn't eat very much of it because of that.

My sister and I both ordered the Chicken Marsala for our entrees. It had a very good flavor and the chicken was tender and juicy. The marsala sauce was yummy, but I wish they had put a few more mushrooms in it. My dish had a total of 2 small mushroom pieces and my sister's had 3. The chicken was served with asparagus, which I'm not a fan of, so I swapped it with my mom's broccoli and we were both much happier! ;) My mom had the NY Strip Steak for her entree, which she said was really good with a nice flavor. She said it was cooked perfectly for her tastes (well done:ack:).

For dessert, I had the amaretto cheesecake and it was divine! Creamy, sweet, and rich! Mmmmm...my favorite part of the meal! :tasty: My sister had the tiramisu, which she said was excellent. It came in a large glass and was piled high, much to her delight! My mom had the ice cream bomb and she was in heaven!

Overall our service was very good at Tony's. Our waitress was friendly and quick, but didn't seem like she was rushing us at all. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, and we really enjoyed being able to walk right out into MK. Although it's not at the top of our favorite restaurant list, we were all pleased with our experience there and I think all 3 of us would eat at Tony's again. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
:thumbsup: Yea! We are going to eat there on our next trip. I've seen lots of bad reviews but also good reviews so I think its best to judge for yourself. Thanks for the report

tinksmom02
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
thanks for the great review!

houseofmouse103
12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
This upcoming trip will be our 4th time dining at Tony's and I've never had a bad server or food. The 1st time there I tried the Seafood Diavoli, not to my taste. The sauce was too spicy, not hot spicy, just overpowering. The last 2 times I ordered the Grilled Salmon, heaven:cloud9:, and I'll probably order it again this trip.

goofysbabe
12-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the review, I'm always looking for new TS places. I keep track of what is being said I think I might have to add this one to my list.

#1donaldfan
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm glad for your review.....I've been telling people for a long time that Tony's is great....I do see a lot of negative reviews about it, but I keep trying to sway them a little anyway....the food is very good and the atmosphere is great......thanks again....:mickey: