PDA

View Full Version : Our First Trip to DLR - Day 2

Marilyn Michetti
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Cast of Characters
Gramma Marilyn, and Grampa Tom

O.K., being the old "clubs" we are, bedtime came earlier last night than we would have liked. I scoot around on my ECV, but DH is a nurse, in his VERY early 60's, and is starting to limp a bit after being on his feet for many hours. Anyway, we decided that we still have three days, so lets hit it in the morning. From our room, we could hear the "boom-boom's" from MK., and looked forward to seeing them tomorrow night.

DD called, like every night, and said it was raining buckets in Az., and it was such a treat that she had a garage to pull into. She was staying with our Chow, Cody, who was barking furiously in the backround. I heard DD saying, "NO, Cody, we are NOT going for a ride in the car - Cody, it's raining - settle down". Next thing, DD was saying, "I'll call you later, I'm taking Cody for a ride". SUCKER !!!

Monday A.M. was beautiful in Anaheim - still really cold, and windy, but I'd rather bundle up anyday, than be too hot. We were at the M.K. gate at opening, and went down Main. St. to the Castle. DH rode the horse drawn trolly, and met me at the end. This was the tone of the whole four days - he rode the shuttle over, and did every mode of transportation in the park - back and forth. This saved his legs, and he's never done it before because they don't take my ECV. Besides, that's as close as he gets to a "thrill" ride. I wanted to see the golden spike in the middle of DL, and just look at Sleeping Beauty's home close up. It's so small in comparison to WDW, but that spike in the center brings it all home - this was Walt's park.

We went back up Main St. to see Disneyland, The First 50 Magical Years, with Steve Martin, and Donald Duck. We were the only two people in the theater, but the CM could have been talking to a full house. He gave a brief history, and mentioned a couple of things to look for. We saw that wonderful show two more times, and it was never even close to half full.

O.K., it was time for me to ride, and DH to wait on a bench. First thing was Splash Mt., about the same as WDW. Then, WE did the Haunted Mansion, which was a little neater and longer than it's sister "home'. After all that excitement, we went over to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon for Billie Hill and the Hillbillies. It's hilarious - why they did away with the show in Fl. for that "sit and giggle" thing, is beyond me. Let's see, together we rode the Mark Twain Riverboat, and went over to check out New Orleans. We had an early dinner reservation for the Blue Bayou, and wanted to see the menu.

By this time, DH was looking kind of uncomfortable. He's an R.N. in a wound clinic, and, (I think), he hurt himself transferring a large man into the hypobaric chamber. He's been "poo-pooing", but I've noticed him limping alot lately. He says he'll get it X-ray'd....... Anyway, he wanted to go back to CCI and rest for awhile. I stayed on Main St., and shopped and people watched for an hour or so until he got back.

Our dinner reservation was for 4:30, and we showed up, but, (and this is why I HATE ADR's), we just weren't hungry enough to do it justice, so we gave it up, right at the podium. We had lunch there the next day, with no reservation - just walked up, and were seated immediately.

We decided to check out DDD for the rest of the evening, and I discovered the Anne Geddes store. I make porcelain dolls, so love this kind of stuff. That, and knowing that this is the only AG store in the country, I bought three Christmas snowmen in large plastic eggs to take home to my teacher's. Also, found lots of "crystal" (plastic and glass really) ornaments and got a dozen or so. DDD is so accessible, which was the best part of being in DL for me. We finished up the night there, knowing that the fireworks would be cancelled due to winds, and wanting to beat the crowds out. We got a very expensive, but very tasty pizza right across the street from CCI, and took it back to the room, watched some T.V., and were asleep before 10:00.

I'll be back with the final episode tomorrow, and sum up our feelings about DL.

NotaGeek
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbsup:

faline
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Isn't it neat to walk in the park that Walt Disney walked through?

Glad you got into the Blue Bayou even though you didn't make your dinner reservation!

ChipnDaleGal
12-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you two are having a really nice time discovering Disneyland. I am so glad you got to see the Billies! Thank you for sharing your day. :mickey: