PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express - Just carry-on bags

CleveSJM
12-19-2007, 11:16 AM
So I'm lucky enough to have a seminar at the Yacht Club in February. Just a few days so I won't have any checked luggage. Can I carry-on my regular size carry-on onto the bus or do I have to leave it somewhere to go under the bus?

Also, on fly out date, if I had a 5:30pm flight, what time would ME want me to leave the resort?

Thanks!

faline
12-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Space on board the buses is pretty tight. They can load it under the bus as you board and take it out as you disembark.

Magical Express pickup at your resort is approximately three hours before your scheduled flight time for domestic flights.

JPL
12-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I have carried my bag on the bus and just held it on the seat with me in the past.

cperry92380
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
There is also overhead storage on the bus too. We didn't store our luggage in these, but did use them for other carry-on stuff like bags stuffed with souvenirs that we didn't want crushed in our checked luggage.

DizneyRox
12-19-2007, 01:06 PM
So I'm lucky enough to have a seminar at the Yacht Club in February. Just a few days so I won't have any checked luggage. Can I carry-on my regular size carry-on onto the bus or do I have to leave it somewhere to go under the bus?

Also, on fly out date, if I had a 5:30pm flight, what time would ME want me to leave the resort?

a. Yes, you can.
b. They will pickup around 2:30pm and will want you to be back at the resort to claim your baggage, etc around 2pm.

Sinewiz
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
I always have a huge duffel bag that is similar in size to a small suitcase and I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't carry it on. ;)

Piglet822
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
It really depends on the size of the carry on. Keep in mind the overhead bins on the buses are much smaller than the ones on the airplane.
If your carry on cannot be stowed securely in the space provided, the driver might put it down below for you but you'll still get it when you arrive at your resort.

emmingo
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I had a pretty standard size carry-on (the kind on wheels that you roll), and the buses don't totally fill up so there was plenty of room for me to keep it with me. I didn't have any trouble, and everyone is heading to Disney anyway so they're usually in a pretty good mood! :mickey: You can always put it in the baggage compartment of the bus, too -- they are large tour buses, not the basic Disney bus. Just make sure you know where it ended up.

They'll send you a bus pass the day before you leave with all the information on it for the Magical Express going back to the airport. I think for a 5:30 flight its probably 2:30 or 3:00 depending on where you're staying (the All Stars share a bus with CS, etc). We found that if we left the park with about an hour to spare before our pickup time, we were back to our resort just in time for the bus. :thumbsup: