PDA

View Full Version : Renewing Season Pass?

wjrhw
12-19-2007, 08:16 AM
My season pass expires in the beginning of January and I have no idea how to renew it. I am going again at the end of January, so I wanted to get the discount for renewing.

Will Disney contact me?

Thanks for any info/advise.

faline
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I would imagine it works like the annual pass renewal does. Disney should send you a renewal notice. The operative word here, however, is - should. I've heard of a number of folks who never received a renewal notice.

There has also been some differing information as to whether Disney allows you a grace period in which to renew at the discount. Some folks have reported you can renew up to 30 days following the expiration of your current pass with the discount. Others have reported that you must renew before your current pass expires in order to get the discount.

Since you plan to renew, I'd suggest contacting Disney and telling them you'd like to renew. I'm sure they could do this for you over the phone!

mickeysworld
12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
:ditto: everything Faline just said and I just wanted to add that I just renewed my seasonal pass at my local aaa office and was able to get a discount so you may try there also. I purchased my renewal pass (the original passes were purchased at Disney) at the aaa office and then went to guest services at the park to activate them. Hope this helps1

wjrhw
12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, I have an Annual Pass, not a season pass. Living in Pennsylvania all the parks are seasonal, so I wasn't thinking that Disney has both.

faline
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Disney does have both. Seasonal passes, however, are limited to Florida residents.

In any case, annual passes are renewed just as I indicated. If you don't receive a renewal notice from Disney, just give them a call and they'll helf you renew it.

Be aware, though, the annual pass clock will start ticking as of the effective date of the renewal. If you will not be back to Disney for several months after your renewal date, you will only have how many months of the year are left. For example, you renew your annual pass and then don't return to Disney until September of 2008. You will only have September, October, November, and December left on your annual pass and will need to renew again at the beginning of January 2009.

It is for this reason that I have let annual passes expire and purchase new annual passes (without the discount) when I am getting ready to return to Disney.

wjrhw
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
There is only about 3 weeks between when we went last last January, so I think it will be worth taking the discount.