PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lynn Spears is Pregant at 16!

murphy1
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Just unreal!

NotaGeek
12-18-2007, 10:33 PM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

NEW YORK - Another Spears baby is reportedly on the way — and it’s not Britney’s.

Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old “Zoey 101” star and sister of Britney, told OK! magazine that she’s pregnant and that the father is her boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.

“It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected,” she said. “I was in complete and total shock and so was he.”

Spears is 12 weeks along and initially kept the news to herself when she learned of the pregnancy from an at-home test and subsequent doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine, which hits stands in New York on Wednesday and the rest of the country by Friday.

What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex? “I definitely don’t think it’s something you should do; it’s better to wait,” she told the magazine. “But I can’t be judgmental because it’s a position I put myself in.”

After she found out from a doctor that she was pregnant, she said, “I took two weeks to myself where I didn’t tell anybody.”

“Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone’s opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me,” she said.

Spears broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine reported.

“She was very upset because it wasn’t what she expected at all,” Spears said. “A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive.”

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney’s young sons, told the magazine: “I didn’t believe it because Jamie Lynn’s always been so conscientious. She’s never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby.”

She said her actress daughter, the telegenic heroine of her popular Nickelodeon series, has known Aldridge for years and began dating him in high school.

But in a recent interview with The Associated Press, Spears said she had no steady boyfriend. “I kind of just keep my options open,” she said. “I have a bunch of friends that I always hang out with, a bunch of guy friends.” She declined to talk about her older sister.

Spears spoke to the AP shortly before Thanksgiving, the day she told OK! she informed her mother about the pregnancy.

Another person who might not be so thrilled by the news? Britney. A source close to the pop princess told TMZ.com that Jamie Lynn’s older sister is “frantic” over the news. The Web site reports that Britney may not have been aware of the news until today.

Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana — “so it can have a normal family life.”

Nickelodeon released a statement: “We respect Jamie Lynn’s decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn’s well being.”

A publicist for the network did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail requests for additional comment.

“Zoey 101” is scheduled to conclude its third season Jan. 4 with a cliffhanger episode in which Spears’ character must decide whether to leave her fictional Pacific Coast Academy boarding school in California to join her parents in London.

The show is scheduled to resume in February, and its producer, Dan Schneider, has said filming on the fourth season has already been completed.

The Associated Press and TMZ.com contributed to this report.

Tink&Goofy
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
All I can do is shake my head. I thought maybe she had more brains than her sister...

Dracula766
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

PirateLover
12-18-2007, 11:49 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry but it's not really funny for the child is it? Hopefully this kid will be raised in a more loving environment since he or she gets to be raised outside of the Hollywood lifestyle unlike Britney's poor sons.

The thing that gets me the most about this story is that he was her LIVE-IN BOYFRIEND!!! HELLO??? Why on earth is a 16 year old living on her own with a 19 year old? Shame.

Sunshine1010
12-19-2007, 12:34 AM
There is a current thread about stuff like this right now (I don't know how to link it on here).

NotaGeek
12-19-2007, 01:05 AM
I love how Jamie Lynn's mother says "I can' believe this happened, she's always on time for her curfew..."
By the way, I think the boyfriend actually lives at the Spears home with the family.

It's going to be interesting what Nickelodeon does to her contract ... not exactly a good example for the 'tweens of the world ... the thing that bugs me the most is that she sold this story to US Magazine ... and they try to put this positive spin on it.

Teen pregnancy is an epidemic and this is a sad situation for all.

PirateLover
12-19-2007, 01:27 AM
By the way, I think the boyfriend actually lives at the Spears home with the family.

I'm not sure whether that makes me feel better or worse... I mean at least she isn't completely on her own like I had thought... but then for a mother to not have control of what goes on under her own roof... Aye yi yi.

Dracula766
12-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Sorry but it's not really funny for the child is it? Hopefully this kid will be raised in a more loving environment since he or she gets to be raised outside of the Hollywood lifestyle unlike Britney's poor sons.

The thing that gets me the most about this story is that he was her LIVE-IN BOYFRIEND!!! HELLO??? Why on earth is a 16 year old living on her own with a 19 year old? Shame.

These people have too much free time and too much money. The kid will be fine.
There are alot more people out there that have it much worse than the spears clan.

murphy1
12-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Lynn was writing a book on parenthood and it got put on hold according to a report on the Today show, yikes!! Yes, please tell me how to raise my three girls LOL.

mamacon67
12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I wonder if Mommy Lynn will give Jamie Lynn a copy of her wonderful "Parenting" book for the baby shower. That must be a wealth of enlightening information.

RedheadWriter
12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
I read this for the first time this morning and had absolutely no reaction to the news. Why? Because I am unsure why any of us would be shocked at this.

DizneyRox
12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Two words come to mind when I think of the Spears Family...

Can't say 'em here...

LibertyTreeGal
12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
So hard for me to judge this girl, so I won't. I will, however, be praying for her and the baby. It's a hard time to grow up in. Kids have too many options, too much stuff and rarely enough love.

And curfew doesn't work. DH and I always got around it, without ever once breaking it -- and if I wasn't barren, well who knows what would have happened. My parents were strict, but unloving, and I fell for the first guy who was willing to love me, common story. Hard to say no to a guy when your parents are too distracted with their own lives to give you what you desperately need.

SBETigg
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Lynn was writing a book on parenthood and it got put on hold according to a report on the Today show, yikes!! Yes, please tell me how to raise my three girls LOL.

Shari, I was just going to say this! I know, can you imagine? I was amazed when she got the book deal in the first place considering the state of Britney's life.

Back then, Lynne Spears justified it by saying that she blames herself for not being there while Britney toured because she had other kids at home. It was supposed to be a look at the pressures of raising kids in the spotlight. But, to send a young teen daughter on tour with strangers and away from your supervision in the first place? Lynne Spears made a lot of parenting choices I wouldn't have made and I wouldn't buy a book from her.

IloveJack
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
I read this for the first time this morning and had absolutely no reaction to the news. Why? Because I am unsure why any of us would be shocked at this.

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad she's keeping the child, as it definitely wasn't the child's decision to be brought into this world now. However, I'm not surprised in the least that a 16 year old with a live-in boyfriend got pregnant. And mom was surprised?!? What else did she think they were doing? Watching cartoons?!?

mjaclyn
12-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I am shocked and appalled that Lynn Spears would even consider writing a book on parenting. :ack::ack: I wouldn't touch that book with a 10 foot pole!!

thrillme
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure where the part in the report says that the "boyfriend" was living with her...If that was the case...how STUPID can that situation be.

I did see where she wants to "hang out and keep her options open"...Uhhhh :confused:

The part that I got me was... “I didn’t believe it because Jamie Lynn’s always been so conscientious. She’s never late for her curfew. I was in shock."

Although I'm really disappointed in the whole teen pregnancy thing I do applaude Jamie for at least saying “I definitely don’t think it’s something you should do; it’s better to wait,” she told the magazine. “But I can’t be judgmental because it’s a position I put myself in.”

Many teens want to blame somebody else.

Fortunately she has enough money to support the child IF that's what she chooses to do. OBVIOUSLY by her older sisters "actions"...just because you have money doesn't necessarily mean you should be a parent.

NotaGeek
12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

While this information is definitely news worthy, discussion of this topic has the potential for crossing the line. This is a family friendly site, and while everyone has their own views on abortion, please, DO NOT discuss them here. There are FAR too many people with different opinions, and along with politics, it's not an INTERCOT friendly topic.

TheDuckRocks
12-19-2007, 11:56 AM
For once I'm speechless. :nono:

PirateLover
12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure where the part in the report says that the "boyfriend" was living with her...If that was the case...how STUPID can that situation be.

I had read in another article that he was her "long-term, live-in boyfriend" despite the fact that she claimed to not be serious with anyone.

RedSoxFan
12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Unbelieveable is all I can say.

Scar
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
... I am unsure why any of us would be shocked at this.... or care.

Mackflava99
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
My wife already told my kids- no more Zoey 101 because the topics were a little too much for them- But we though Jamie Lynn was the "different " spears-

I guess not-

pink
12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I was completely shocked when I heard this but on the other hand not really shocked at all considering the Spear's family's track record so far. I don't think it would be wise for Nickelodeon to renew her Zoey 101 contract- what would that say to the kids? :nono:
However, I wish her the best of luck.

:mickey:

JPL
12-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Doesn't anyone believe the Old Apple Tree Theory:confused:

I mean look at her role models and what did everyone expected :rolleyes:

DMApixie
12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
It really is a shame, but there are thousands of young girls that get pregnant every year. The only reason she is getting any press is because she is "Zoey" and Brit's little sis. (Not to mention the fact that she SOLD her story to a magazine!) I hope and pray that she 'fade's into the background' during this pregnancy, and doesn't flaunt her pregnancy like her sister did. That could influence lots of her young admirers, and not in a good way.

Her parents must be as devastated as any other parent of a pregnant 16 year old girl would be. This is a tough situation, but the bed has been made. I pray that I will never go through this situation with any of my DD's, who are quickly approaching that age. This is the perfect opportunity for yet another discussion at dinner tonight! :twocents:

SBETigg
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
On the plus side for her, she has been working for years and probably has a very good savings built up. I doubt she was considering college or any kind of further education. She plans to raise the baby out of the limelight (she says). And finally, and frighteningly enough, she seems more mature and able to be a responsible mother than her older sister. Being pregnant at sixteen is not ideal, but she already has some advantages over other pregnant teens as far as having her own income. I wish her the best.

bleukarma
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
That poor family will never get things right. :(

Isn't her boyfriend 19 and isn't that a no-no?

I hope everything works out for them. That's all I can say. At least she seems to be more level headed then her sister.

DizneyRox
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM

I think it depends on what state we're talking about. Around here, you bet!

mickey&missy
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm really trying hard not to be judgemental about this. My best friend in high school was the daughter of a 16 year old mother. What I will say is it's really tough for a kid to growup with their mother.

I really feel terrible for all of the parents left to explain this to their little girls who are fans of the show. All of these girl idolize her and this is the example she sets.

snifflesmcg
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
What a mess Jamie Lynn has gotten herself into! As much as I hate to defend the Spears family in any way, I'm going to play devil's advocate for just a hot minute.

Just MAYBE she'll learn from the horrible mistakes her sister has made and actually make the right decisions. I have to admit, not all of these turn out disasterous. My nephew was born to 17 (and almost 17) year old parents. This child could not be smarter, more loved or more spoiled, lol. He is now a healthy, happy, educated, almost 10 year old (will be in January). Although not together, his parents have a wonderful friendship/relationship and have pulled themselves from a bad situation to two mature successful adults. Alot more kids do the things we don't think they are doing, it's just some get caught and some don't.

I'm the last person to be optimistic but sometimes these things work themselves out and since Jamie Lynn does have an income, who knows.

Oh, just an FYI, one of the news stations already announced they are going to be selling the baby photos...... Maybe the optimisim was short lived.

Momof2boys
12-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I think this presents a perfect opportunity to parents to give a "real life lesson" to their own kids. My boys (9 & 7) were watching Zoey last night and I told them that she was pregnant. I try to use every real life example to teach them life lessons - I think they can understand it better when there's a story to discuss rather than made up what ifs.

And I really don't think age matters as long as the guy treats the girl right. My husband is quite older than me but he's 1,000 times better than the guy my own age that I dated in high school. Age really doesn't matter.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-20-2007, 05:06 PM
This is just shocking to people because she is a "celebrity"

It doesn't shock/bother me at all. I feel absolutely nothing about this, I just don't care. If it was someone I know, it would shock me, sure. But not the little sister of a woman I don't want to see on TV ever again :D

Crystal Palace
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
The funniest part about all this is that their mother was due to write a parenting book! LOL who would buy that?

WDWFREAK101
12-20-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm not surprised. Hollywood thinks that it can do whatever it wants now. All of these kid friendly shows and movie stars have fans that look up to them. Not what are all of the little girls that looked up to her going to do now? Same thing with Vannessa Anne Hudgens. Jeez, people have some common sense for once.

Sunshine1010
12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Dora is the only decent girl in TV anymore......he he

Marker
12-21-2007, 07:36 AM
To begin...

1) I don't know Jamie Lynn Spears
2) I don't know Brittany Spears
3) I don't know their mother
4) I don't know the boyfriend
5) I would never consider the reporting of ANY entertainment "news" to be thorough, unbiased, honest, or reliable.

Based on those 4 facts, I would NEVER want to become judgemental or knowledgeable about this situation.

Our school district, our nice suburban middle class school district, has several pregnant high school students. We also have enough high school students who are parents that we provide day care for the children of these students. This situation is not isolated to "Hollywood", or to celebrities. It's a situation that's flourishing in our own communities. Sadly, it just goes ignored until it involves a celebrity. Isn't it too bad there isn't as much concern when it involves our own friends, family & neighbors.

And before casting any stones, I dare say that at least some of us may have engaged in activities at one point or another that could have resulted in a similar situation. We just got lucky.

Sure, it might seem more fun to point fingers and lay blame, but that's usually not very beneficial. And frankly, if we are relying on characters on TV and/or celebrities to define behavioral/moral guidlines us and our children, then who's really missing the boat?

But that's just my opinion.

LibertyTreeGal
12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
To begin...

5) I would never consider the reporting of ANY entertainment "news" to be thorough, unbiased, honest, or reliable.

Based on those 4 facts, I would NEVER want to become judgemental or knowledgeable about this situation.

Our school district, our nice suburban middle class school district, has several pregnant high school students. We also have enough high school student parents that we have provide day care for the children of these students. This situation is not isolated to "Hollywood", or to celebrities. It's a situation that's flourishing in our own communities. Sadly, it just goes ignored until it involves a celebrity. Isn't it too bad there isn't as much concern when it involves our own friends, family & neighbors.

And before casting any stones, I dare say that at least some of us may have engaged in activities at one point or another that could have resulted in a similar situation. We just got lucky.

Sure, it might seem more fun to point fingers and lay blame, but that's usually not very beneficial.

Amen! I tried to say much the same thing, but you did a better job of it. We never know the heart or circumstances of anyone else. There's a reason God tells us over and over and over again not to judge..... and I've found it to be because we don't know half of what we arrogantly think we know. It is easy to judge, it's harder to love. Love covers a multitude of sins, after all. Since I committed a few yesterday I figure I have no room to talk about anyone else.

We have used this as a way to talk with our kiddos about how wonderful their birthmom is and to further explain the reasons why she placed them with us. It's hard to stomp on the reputation of someone who reminds me so much our "Mama Stephanie."

NotaGeek
12-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Clearly I am not as advanced as some. I think this is great fun. I know what I did and didn't choose in my life, I didn't choose to be on TV, so my mistakes won't be broadcast world wide ...

I think the whole point is that Jamie Lynn is NOT a typical teenage mother... she's someone that was making her $$ on her "good girl" ideals ... and it's a normal thing for people to "judge" based on what she was putting out there about herself. The entire scope of her career was focused at a market of girls JUST like her ... and that's where the problem is. Yes, mistakes happen, but at some point celebrities SHOULD know from the beginning that this larger than life they asked for is being followed by everyone that reads a tabloid or ANY page on the internet. Yes, this is NEWS for "normal folK" ... gossip sells.

And, since it doesn't really seem she's all that embarrassed by it, I don't see the fault in anyone talking about it here.

We should all learn from her mistakes. But, if I could make the money she makes in ONE episode you guys could write a million threads about me and my baby daddy... :D

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 08:21 AM
That was very well said Michael - and funny too! :thumbsup:

I agree. Celebrities do open themselves up for this kind of talk just by being who they are. I just hope for this new little baby's sake, that Jamie Lynn is more mature at 16 than her big sister is at 25+. If she stays true to wanting to stay in Louisiana with the baby and live a quieter life away from the cameras and attention then they both stand a better chance of being happy and healthy. Her own sister is the best example of how not to parent.

d_m_n_n
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Well, what you do is read the book. Then every piece of advice she throws out, you do the OPPOSITE! Your girls should then turn out just fine. :D

PirateLover
12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Great post, Michael. See the thing is, the story that is being released is her own story. The only "rumor" that she denied is the fact that her boyfriend was living with her. Aside from that, she and her mother sought out OK! Magazine and made the back loaded bargain with them (She'll get a cool million for an OK! exclusive "first photo" when the baby is born. :rolleyes:)

We go through these same discussions anytime celebrity gossip is posted here. My feeling is once you put yourself out there, especially when you market yourself as a product and role model like both Spears girls did, it's fair game. Now I don't agree with the aggressive paparazzi who don't let up for a second and actually cause accidents. But when a celebrity volunteers info like Jaime Lynn and momma Spears did in this case, I don't see what the problem is with discussing it. :shrug:

thrillme
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM

I've seen so many conflicting reports...some say he was 18 and then others say that they've been dating for 2 years (he would have been 16 then). Perhaps it's a "no-no" but he's within a reasonable age limit to date her and she's old enough to take responsibility.

On the bright side maybe it will open up discussions between kids and their parents in hope of preventing this from happening to someone else.

Hair_Razor
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I do wonder how much age has to do with it, it doesn't seem to matter; parenting just doesn't run in the family. I do wish her luck though, I had my son at 18 and it's not easy. However parenting can be a very rewarding experience if you have a great support system. I hope she can find this, if not in her own immediate family maybe with her baby's father?

J9
12-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I actually have mixed feelings on this subject. Being Britney's age myself, I can hardly imagine myself married let alone see myself as a mother. But of course, I am a different person with different life experiences.

With that said, from what I've read about Jamie Lynn and her current situation, I am extremely impressed by her attitude and outlook. This is obviously something that she did not wish for herself at this time, but it appears that she is taking responsibility for her actions. One article I read, she was even quoted saying "I've put myself in this adult position, so now I have to handle it like an adult." She could have done the easy thing by ignoring the problem and having an abortion, but I am so impressed that she is taking responsibility for what she's done.

Some of you might have read the article with Lisa Whelchel from the Facts of Life. I agree with her that Jamie Lynn is still acting like a role model, just a role model for girls who have found themselves in her situation. She's not saying that what she did wasn't wrong, but she is saying that she can't change the past and now has to deal with the future.

In my book, this makes her much more of a positive role model than her older sister ever was. It's definitely a good lesson for other girls on the importance of abstinence and taking responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

I wish her good luck on the hard road ahead.

Jimenyfan
12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
To begin...

Our school district, our nice suburban middle class school district, has several pregnant high school students. We also have enough high school students who are parents that we provide day care for the children of these students. This situation is not isolated to "Hollywood", or to celebrities. It's a situation that's flourishing in our own communities. Sadly, it just goes ignored until it involves a celebrity. Isn't it too bad there isn't as much concern when it involves our own friends, family & neighbors.

Sure, it might seem more fun to point fingers and lay blame, but that's usually not very beneficial. And frankly, if we are relying on characters on TV and/or celebrities to define behavioral/moral guidlines us and our children, then who's really missing the boat?

These were my thoughts also, many of us just got lucky enough to not find our selves in the same situation.

Mickey052501
12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
This is really sad, I think it is a case of looking up to an older sister and following in her foot steps. I do not think she really understands how serious this is and how much she has changed her life.

Womble
12-23-2007, 08:37 AM
In another thread someone asked, “Who is Amy Winehouse?”
Well I was going to ask, “Who is Jamie Lynn Spears?”
I’ve read through the threads and now know!

Unfortunately, unplanned teenage pregnancies are all too common in the world today!
Marker summed it up better than I ever could!

I would like to add one thing!
Most teen pregnancies are not conceived with “live-in” or “live-with” partners. If this were the reason for the high teenage pregnancy rate, we (parents) would just not allow teenagers to live with partners.

pink
12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Jamie Lynn Spears is Britney Spear's younger sister. :mickey:

NotaGeek
12-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Jamie Lynn Spears is Britney Spear's younger sister. :mickey:

She got it ... if you read Womble's post, she says she figured it out! :mickey:

pink
12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
She got it ... if you read Womble's post, she says she figured it out!

Haha, oops I missed that part! :mickey:

Womble
12-24-2007, 12:24 PM
She got it ... if you read Womble's post, she says she figured it out! :mickey:

:secret:If you read past the thread to the bottom, you would see I'm called Kevin! :secret:
I've heard of a "Boy named Sue!" but not a "Girl called Kevin!":D

Sorry if there are any girls called Kevin. ;)
Any case no harm done, just a smile on an old mans face.
Merry Xmas
Kevin AKA Womble

NotaGeek
12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
:secret:If you read past the thread to the bottom, you would see I'm called Kevin! :secret:
I've heard of a "Boy named Sue!" but not a "Girl called Kevin!":D

Sorry if there are any girls called Kevin. ;)
Any case no harm done, just a smile on an old mans face.
Merry Xmas
Kevin AKA Womble
Kevin? That's a weird name for a girl! Just kidding! :D

ChipnDaleGal
12-24-2007, 12:57 PM
This thread just got a whole lot more interesting!! :rotfl:

pdrlkr
12-24-2007, 03:58 PM
:shake:

NotaGeek
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
After much discussion within the Management Staff of INTERCOT it has been decided that this topic is just NOT family friendly and as a result it is not appropriate for discussion on our site. I am closing this thread and ask that there be no more topics started regarding the Spears Family Debacle -- thanks and let's get back to our PG related fun! :mickey: