PDA

View Full Version : How about those Browns!

Stich8818
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
So I figured I would give some conrgrats to of all teams ..The Cleveland Browns. And I know Donlad A would agree. They are one the verge of going to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. They have one pro bowler already this year in Josh Cribbs, and Braylon Edwards should soon follow. They are playing some good football right now and they are in control of their own destiny. Also too if it goes the way it goes we may meet the Squeel ..I mean Steelers in the first round. I think that the 3rd time will be the charm to beat them this year. I will admit they did beat us the first game the second game they barley beat us it would be soo much sweeter to knock them out of the playoffs...So are there any more Browns fans out there in Intercot land that feels the same way?

#1donaldfan
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
NOPE !!!! Only Steeler fans here....ha, ha...you may be right in part. The Browns are in control of their destiny and the Steelers are sprialing down....I may get flogged by my other companion Steeler fans, but if we don't go far, for some crazy reason, I will stick with the AFC and follow the Brownies to their end....as of now we are tied and we both don't have too much to worry about with our last two games....at least on paper....good luck to you and see you in the post season.....GO STEELERS !!!!!:thumbsup:

Donald A
12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
My friend, I admit that I am excited, but am also worried. Our Browns control their own fate and I am a little worried about Tennessee. Tennessee loses we are in. Cleveland wins against Cincy Sunday and we are in. This game Sunday against Cincy is so important. Tennessee plays the NY Jets and should beat them. Then Tennessee plays here in Indy. The problem is Indy has clenched all they can and Tennessee could beat a 2nd string Indy team with injuries as it is. If the Browns lose Sunday and Tennessee wins both games we are out. THE BROWNS MUST BEAT THE BENGALS!

That being said. It is official that Cribbs and Edwards are in the Pro-Bowl. This Browns team is so much better than people thought. At the beginning of the season, people had the Browns worse than Miami. I long for the days of traditional Browns football. I was actually at the last Browns home playoff game, Pats vs. Browns on New Year's Day 1994. I am ready for another dominant Browns team.

Problem is between then and now I married a die-hard Steelers fan. Plus I am leaving for WDW on January 4th (The weekend of the wildcard playoffs). My parent's and brothers (Browns fans) and my wife's parents (Steelers fans) could make for an interesting Disney trip.

Ruprect
12-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm still just enjoying the season. Who would've thought we'd be in this position after that week 1 flogging by the Steelers (or the Stinkers as my 4yo DD calls them). I think they'll get it done this week in Cincinatti and end up having to play in San Diego unless Pittsburgh loses again.

Celestria
12-19-2007, 12:31 AM
GO CRIBBS!! GO CRIBBS!!! GO THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE KENT STATE FOOTBALL TEAM WHILE HE WAS THERE!!! there were more... but i never heard a thing about them..... anyway..... GO CRIBBS!!!!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST KICK OFF RETURN PLAYER IN THE NFL THIS SEASON!! if you don't agree, find me stats to prove me wrong.

100 YARD KICK RETURN VS THE STEELERS!!! WOO HOO!!! DID YOU SEE BEN'S FACE?? I WILL REMEMBER IT ALWAYS!!!

ummm... am i crazy? cribbs went to the same college i did and was even in the same major.

forget about edwards, he gets way to much publicity. i'm a cribbs person all the way.

besides, the browns win their next two games, (not hard since they are playing the bengals this week... i think...) and the stealers lose even 1 cleveland wins the division.

tis this a good cleveland post stitch? i can go on with alternates for the pro bowl..

Celestria
12-19-2007, 12:35 AM
oh oh! i forgot one thing.

"phil dawson does it again!" he hit the support bar. not as crazy as the first time.. but still.

that bar is now the dawson bar.

Donald A
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
GO CRIBBS!! GO CRIBBS!!! GO THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE KENT STATE FOOTBALL TEAM WHILE HE WAS THERE!!! there were more... but i never heard a thing about them..... anyway..... GO CRIBBS!!!!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST KICK OFF RETURN PLAYER IN THE NFL THIS SEASON!! if you don't agree, find me stats to prove me wrong.

100 YARD KICK RETURN VS THE STEELERS!!! WOO HOO!!! DID YOU SEE BEN'S FACE?? I WILL REMEMBER IT ALWAYS!!!

ummm... am i crazy? cribbs went to the same college i did and was even in the same major.

forget about edwards, he gets way to much publicity. i'm a cribbs person all the way.

besides, the browns win their next two games, (not hard since they are playing the bengals this week... i think...) and the stealers lose even 1 cleveland wins the division.

tis this a good cleveland post stitch? i can go on with alternates for the pro bowl..

I went to Akron, no pro-bowlers from there this year (unless Jason Taylor made it).

Your school actually has three pro-bowlers. Cribbs, Gates and James Harrison all hail from Kent State.

Celestria
12-19-2007, 04:26 PM
those other two must have been before cribbs. i've never heard of them... and if they were'nt, than i can say i didn't pay much atention to football in college. i would just pick up the schools paper and there would be his name in bold letters. he was just the only player i had heard about.

Stich8818
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Im loving the fact that there are a lot more Browns fans then I thought. I agree with Ruprect about just enjoying the season. Its nice not to have to say this time of the year "When does baseball season start". Donald A I feel your pain about marrying someone that likes a hated rival. My wife yeah she is a "that team from up north" (michigan) fan..and I bleed scarlet and gray..so it gets very interesting around my house once a year.

Donald A
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
those other two must have been before cribbs. i've never heard of them... and if they were'nt, than i can say i didn't pay much atention to football in college. i would just pick up the schools paper and there would be his name in bold letters. he was just the only player i had heard about.

Antonio Gates actually never played football at Kent but was a basketball player there. Now he is a wide receiver for San Diego. James Harrison plays for the Steelers he had a big defensive game earlier in the year for them.

Celestria
12-20-2007, 01:09 AM
hehehe donald, i almost feel like we are the college rivals..

gimme that wagon wheel!!!!!

hehehe. no no, just kidding. since i wasn't into sports in college we can't be rivals. i didn't even know about the wagon wheel thing until i graduated, or the year before.. and don't explain it to me. it made no sense then and it will make no sense now. plus i never cared about the rivalry.

Donald A
12-23-2007, 08:44 PM
:(

Well, I think the Browns's season ended today. Tennessee now controls our fate. All they have to do is come here and beat the Colts and the Browns are out. (It doesn't matter what Cleveland does against San Fran) The Colts are a great team, but today's game didn't mean anything to the Colts and they played Addai and got him hurt. Do not look for Tony Dungy to take many risks to win a meaningless game. The Browns needed to win today to control their own fate and now they need help from the 2nd and 3rd stringers of the Indianapolis Colts. I do not like Cleveland's chances.

Stich8818
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
:bang::bang: I agree with you DonaldA. Its funny how much did that game against Oakland and Arizona matter. At least if we would have won the Oakland game we could have been in better shape. If they dont make it to the playoffs I guess I have no reason to be angry but I am soo tired of the dissappointment.

Donald A
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
:bang::bang: I agree with you DonaldA. Its funny how much did that game against Oakland and Arizona matter. At least if we would have won the Oakland game we could have been in better shape. If they dont make it to the playoffs I guess I have no reason to be angry but I am soo tired of the dissappointment.

As much at it is disappointing, not making the playoffs is still not to say this team did not do well. There are teams in the NFC with less wins that made the playoffs. There are more than 30 teams in the NFL with one goal- win the Super Bowl. Anything less is a disappointment. I think is safe to say that the Browns would probably not win the Super Bowl or even go to it this year. I think it is also safe to say that the Browns being 10-6 is not disappointing. So we are disappointed a couple weeks earlier than we would have been had we made the playoffs. When we take a step back, though, we can be proud that we were a handful of teams with 10 or more wins.

Go Browns! I think promising things are in the future. Plus I am leaving for a week at Disney World Friday night!