PDA

View Full Version : 2008 already !!!

BigG007
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I am planning a vacation in 2008 around the end of October, we are hoping to catch the turning on of the holiday lights at Disney along with Halloween, is this possible in a two week vacation? Does anyone now the approximate dates the lights are illuminated?

:snowman::santa3::deer::santa2::santa::tree:

tinklover
12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I saw in a previous post and i can;t find it now that someone went to the MNSSHP on the 31st of october and the next day all the halloween stuff was gone and the christmas stuff was out

mickey&missy
12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I know that the last MNSSHP this year was in November, not October 31st. But, Last year we went to MNSSHP on The 31st and the next day all signs of halloween were gone. As we walked down Main Street DH said to me "Is that Christmas music?!" I listened and sure enough we went from halloween to christmas in less then 12 hours! The tree was even up to the right of the hub before the bridge to Tomorrowland! We joked we got 2 holidays for the price of 1! My sister was there the same time and got a really cute picture of my nephew with Santa Goofy at AKL that she used for a christmas card.

We left November 4th. They hadn't started any christmas activities yet but the parks were decorated and all the light for the Osborne lights seemed to be up.

If you can arrange it to get 2 holidays in one go for it!!! MNSSHP is spectacular!!!!!

merlinmagic4
12-19-2007, 06:43 AM
November 12th was the first Christmas Party this year (we were there :thumbsup:) so it's definitely set up by then! It was also, I believe, the first night they lit up the castle with the special lights (which was spectacular!). Hope you get to see it all!!!

DawsonAR
12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
We were there Nov. 3rd through the 9th this year. A lot of the Christmas decorations were up but not all. I don't think it would have been but a day or two more and everything would have been complete.

playdead88
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
wow - thats good to know - i thought that they didn't start decorating until the middle of november - my mom wants to go and see the xmas decorations for her 65th birthday - does anyone know if the resorts are decorated that early?