PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Choirs

NotaGeek
12-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok, so I will freely admit that I was involved in a choirs my entire life ... and I am desperate for something new to watch on TV! BUT, the show was really fun! Did anyone else watch? If not, it's on NBC!

ChipnDaleGal
12-18-2007, 05:27 AM
I had to tape it Michael, but we are super excited to watch it. Glad to hear that you liked it. I hope we can watch last night's episode before tonight's starts.

Carol
12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
I Have it set on my DVR. Cannot miss Nick. :goof:

SBETigg
12-18-2007, 07:21 AM
I watched the end. Saw Patty Labelle's group, thought they were super-annoying with that back and forth noise they did, but it was a cool concept and she seemed (from the clips, I didn't see performances) to blow everyone else away. Do they do eliminations? I think Michael Bolton's group might go home first. I've never been a choir fan but it seemed like an interesting show and I'll give it another shot.

NotaGeek
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I watched the end. Saw Patty Labelle's group, thought they were super-annoying with that back and forth noise they did, but it was a cool concept and she seemed (from the clips, I didn't see performances) to blow everyone else away. Do they do eliminations? I think Michael Bolton's group might go home first. I've never been a choir fan but it seemed like an interesting show and I'll give it another shot.
Yes, there are eliminations. Patti Labelle's choir killed it. Michael Bolton's choir had lots of older people ... it was very interesting to see who they picked ... the people in the choir was all very much akin to the person picking ... and Patti's had the best singers, Nick's were young and good looking, Michael Bolton's were older, and kind of outside today's groove, and Kelly''s here weird ... they all seemed like back-up singers.

SBETigg
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes, there are eliminations. Patti Labelle's choir killed it. Michael Bolton's choir had lots of older people ... it was very interesting to see who they picked ... the people in the choir was all very much akin to the person picking ... and Patti's had the best singers, Nick's were young and good looking, Michael Bolton's were older, and kind of outside today's groove, and Kelly''s here weird ... they all seemed like back-up singers.

That's really funny! On purpose, or it just seemed to end up that way? Even more intriguing now.

Melanie
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I watched the last hour only since I wasn't aware they were even showing it here. Just happened to be flipping through the channels.

From what I saw, Patti's choir sure did blow the others away. And I'm now a Blake Shelton fan! :cowboy:

DizneyRox
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm usually a reality show junkie, but...

:sleepin: :sleepin: :sleepin: :sleepin: :sleepin: :sleepin:

i'm grumpy
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Not a reality show fan but have to vote for Blake!!:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
12-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I thought team Bolton was awesome last night, the totally redeemed themselves. And of course, how can anything that involves Patti be anything but divine, what a class act!

My least favorite was the country music act. I did love the low voices though.

NotaGeek
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
It was really nice to hear Team Lachey sing some real choir music tonight! Team Patti is really outstanding ... and Team Blake has the CUTEST Blake leading them...

I am actually enjoying this show!

LibertyTreeGal
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
So what happened last night Michael?

Andy and I had to do the 9 hour round trip to spina bifida clinic yesterday and I missed it :(

NBC hasn't posted clips yet, but I haven't checked you tube...

NotaGeek
12-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Team Bolton got the axe ... evidently tonight is the finale. The stars performed with their choirs at the end and Patty sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow and it was AMAZING! She literally kicked off her shoes at the end and took everyone to church! I love her!

ChipnDaleGal
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
We taped last night's show, but haven't watched it yet. I am sad that Team Bolton got the boot. I think that soloist of his is amazing!! We are enjoying this show so much. I wish it wasn't such a short show.

LibertyTreeGal
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Bolton got the axe? Wow, maybe it's just me but I really enjoyed the tuesday night performance better than that. Oh well.

Yes, Patti is the Grande Dame of the competition (and would be regardless of the fact that she's the only woman). What a class act -- who could have made "He's got the whole world in His hands" into such a performance. Wow, and i love seeing her shaking her bootie up there, the music just flows through her whole body.

ChipnDaleGal
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Just finished watching last night's show. I loved the Flight of the Bumblebee that Team Lachey did! Very cool!! But my favorite song of the night was Team Shelton singing Joy to The World. That gave me goosebumps it was so good!! Makes me sad, as I imagine they will get the boot tonight.

NotaGeek
12-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Just finished watching last night's show. I loved the Flight of the Bumblebee that Team Lachey did! Very cool!! But my favorite song of the night was Team Shelton singing Joy to The World. That gave me goosebumps it was so good!! Makes me sad, as I imagine they will get the boot tonight.
I can totally see Dakota singing her heart out on that stage ... if they do this again and have a Phoenix team I am going to try out! :D

NotaGeek
12-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh wow. Ok, so there were some weird sound issues at the beginning, and Blake's choir suffered the 1st song ... but I totally cried during Team Rowland's little sign language portion ... I have really enjoyed the show ... and Team LaBelle's tribute to Queen ROCKED!

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 05:25 AM
I can totally see Dakota singing her heart out on that stage ... if they do this again and have a Phoenix team I am going to try out! :D

She just loves this show. She is hoping they put a compilation of the songs on itunes. She wants that Bumblebee song so bad. Are any famous musicians from Phoenix? I sure hope they do this again!!

Carol
12-21-2007, 07:06 AM
I really enjoyed the show and of course loved the outcome. Yay, Nick!!! :joy:

I think if they tried to stretch it out any longer it would lose a lot of the appeal. A week was good.

disneydeb
12-21-2007, 07:09 AM
I only got to see one night of it, but that night I loved!:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
12-21-2007, 07:51 AM
She just loves this show. She is hoping they put a compilation of the songs on itunes. She wants that Bumblebee song so bad. Are any famous musicians from Phoenix? I sure hope they do this again!!

Does Alice Cooper count? :)

I really enjoyed the show and of course loved the outcome. Yay, Nick!!! :joy:

I think if they tried to stretch it out any longer it would lose a lot of the appeal. A week was good.

I totally agree! I was glad Nick's team won ... just shows he still has that ability to get votes!

ChipnDaleGal
12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Does Alice Cooper count? :)

The thought of him in black make up and leather directing a choir singing Christmas music makes me giggle! So yes, I say that counts! :thumbsup: