PDA

View Full Version : New AK Wing opening

bkfree
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the new rooms and wing at AK is tentatively scheduled to open.
My husband's (thru his job) has supplied some equipment for it and they are shipping next week. These items are usually shipped when they are about halfway to opening. A few weeks before they actually open, he will go down for a start up on the equipment. Since a lot of expenses will be paid for by his company, we are planning on making it a family trip also. I am one of those "Plan for a year" WDWers, so having a 3-6 weeks notice is going to be quite the change. He really has no clue when the prospective opening is set for, so I thought someone here might know a ballpark so I could at least do some sketchy research on info that pertains to that time of year.
Also I believe my best bet in making ressies on such short notice is to use Magical Journeys or another WDW agency which we used last trip with great success. Do those of you that have planned a trip with a monthish notice agree?

DVC Mike
12-18-2007, 06:48 AM
The only construction at AKL is for DVC. The conversion of rooms in the existing Jambo House to DVC villas will be completed by Jan 2008. The construction of the DVC buildings for Kidani Village will be completed in 2009.

JPL
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
From what I have been hearing the DVC conversion rooms at Jambo House are now complete:thumbsup:

bkfree
12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Hummmmm, The room conversions maybe completed but not yet ready to be used. The equipment my husnad supplied has to do with supplying hot water to all of the units and he has to do an onsite startup a few weeks before they are ready for operation. Are they booking these rooms yet?
It couldn't be for the DVC wing because if they are not slanted to open until 2009, it would be way to early for this stuff to be shipped.
This is installed as one of the last things, while interiors are being finished up in the rooms.
II'll have to see if he can get anymore info about where this stuff is.
It could also be used for the large hotel laundries or kitchen?????