PDA

View Full Version : Leisurely, Yet Memorable Activities At The Parks?

magicman
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM
We're planning a trip with my kids who are: 12, 11, 8 and 3 months. Naturally, I want to do as many fun, memorable activities with the older kids, but I am wanting the events to be tame enough for us to bring the baby.

What leisurely, yet memorable activities can you recommend (i.e. Story Time With Belle).

Thank you all.

comicguy
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
My son likes talking with the CM's from other countries at the various EPCOT pavillions. They also have a kidscot station where they make masks or color pages with the CM's. My son enjoyed this when he was between 6 and 11.

Now that he is 15 he tends to talk to the female CM's:blush:

kathiep
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
I would also recommend visiting all of the kidcot stations. It's fun and keeps the kids busy while they learn a little about another culture. My kids were on a mission to visit every station. And adults will love visiting all the pavilions as well.

Tigger&Stitch
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, we aren't kids (nor do we have kids!) but I agree whole-heartedly with the kidcot stations. My husband and I buy the passports from the first shop in Epcot and go around to each of the countries as well to get each country's page signed.

In MGM, we tend to go into the Magic of Animation while everyone else is watching Fantasmic (although I’m sure it’s good any time of the day). Both times we had the place to ourselves and the drawing was so much fun! So what if Stitch really did look like an alien...
:stitch2: :alien:

In Magic Kingdom, the Liberty Belle Riverboat might be relaxing. Can’t say I’ve been on it – don’t know why! – but it looks relaxing. Or maybe a ride on one of the Main Street vehicles? Oh! And I can’t forget Casey’s Corner – a great place to eat lunch, and kids (and adults!) can sit on bleachers and watch cartoons. We also watched ducks come in off the street and eat all the french fries dropped on the floor. :D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Streetmosphere can be fun. The sets at MGM are usually pretty good, especially my friends Jack Diamond - Hollywood Talent Agent and Ready Freddy Fiddlesticks!

Woody's Cowbow Camp at Frontierland.

Nemo Musical is good as well as FOTLK. Pretty leisurely.

MickeyMousse
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Both of my DS's enjoy the Kidcot stops. My oldest started doing the Epcot Passport years ago, then moved onto the masks and now the lanyard while my youngest still does the mask. It's a great break for everybody and turns out to be a nice souvenir too! :mickey: