PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

Ian
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Not sure if we have any fans of this show on the boards, but it was kinda cool ... I got to meet Sig Hansen (one of the captains from the show) in Epcot's Norway on Friday.

He was there signing autographs, posing for pics, etc. I got my picture taken with him and spoke to him for a few minutes.

Even though he comes across as being sort of a jerk on the show, he was actually very nice in person.

It was a neat experience! :cool:

cajunprincess
12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I am so jealous!!! I am a huge fan of this show, even have all of the last season dowloaded onto my Ipod. Congrats and thanks for sharing this with us!:number1:

ibrowse17
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
That is cool! My DW and I love the show, and she has Sig as a my space friend. Come to think about it, I have heard him mention taking trips to Disney on the show before. We would have loved to met him:thumbsup:

Anthony007
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Sig rocks!!!!

Momof2boys
12-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm jealous ! Out of all the Captains, I think Sig is the best. I love how well him & Edgar can work together. The Northwestern rocks !

Ian
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Here's a pic ... the Man of 1,000 Chins is me ....

Ian
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
The Northwestern rocks !Well I have to admit to being more of a Cornelia Marie fan myself (although I didn't tell Sig that!), but Northwestern is definitely my second favorite.

They had quite a bit of cool merch there, too. I got a Northwestern t-shirt. I considered having Sig autograph it, but A. I'm not much of an autograph guy and B. I figured then I could never wear it.

ChipnDaleGal
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I am totally addicted to this show! Very cool that you were able to meet him, Ian. I know he does come off as a little bit of a hot head on the show, but given the constant danger they are in I can understand why he is like that. I was just wondering the other day when the new season was going to start.

Emily
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I got a Northwestern t-shirt.

You didn't happen to pick up a certain other shirt in Norway did you? ;)

Great pic! Even though I rarely watch that show, so I don't really know who he is. :blush:

Ian
12-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I was just wondering the other day when the new season was going to start.He told me that they go out on January 1st of 2008 and that the next season (which is a definite) would air some time after they come back. Maybe in late February.

You didn't happen to pick up a certain other shirt in Norway did you? ;)No, sadly I did not pick up the shirt advocating the newest cruise ship occupation.

Tink&Goofy
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I LOVE this show. Actually, my niece is on the same gymnastics team with his daughter. I've never met him, but my SIL says he is a great guy.

Jeff G
12-17-2007, 10:41 PM
This is one of my DS's favorites and we enjoy watching it together. It's awesome that you met Sig, on the show he comes across as a jerk but seems to have a good sense of humor.

It suprises me that he was in WDW just a few weeks before they launch, I would have thought he would be getting the boat readied. Can you imagine being in Florida with weather in the 80's on December 14 and then in the Bering Strait with sub zero temperatures just two weeks later?

Ian
12-18-2007, 06:59 AM
It suprises me that he was in WDW just a few weeks before they launch, I would have thought he would be getting the boat readied. Can you imagine being in Florida with weather in the 80's on December 14 and then in the Bering Strait with sub zero temperatures just two weeks later?My sense was that this was a pre-publicity thing for the upcoming season.

But yeah ... coming home from the 80º weather in WDW to the 30º weather at home was bad enough. Forget sub-zero!

tinklover
12-21-2007, 01:28 PM
That is so awesome that you got to meet him. I love this show and always watch while sittingon the edge of the seat yelling at the workers saying be careful.... it's the mom in me i guess lol. I always enjoy reading your posts. It was actually your post about winning the night in the castle that made me join intercot
I had stumbled across this site while planning our vacation for May. and I fell in love with it fast. I love it here and all the people who are members yall rock.

Ian
12-21-2007, 02:09 PM
It was actually your post about winning the night in the castle that made me join intercot
I had stumbled across this site while planning our vacation for May. and I fell in love with it fast. I love it here and all the people who are members yall rock.Wow, that's kind of cool! Thanks for sharing that!

I, for one, am glad you found us. I've been around INTERCOT a long time ... since she was a pup, basically ... and I gotta say I agree with you ... the folks here rock! :thumbsup:

Womble
12-23-2007, 07:51 AM
My sense was that this was a pre-publicity thing for the upcoming season.

Well that answered the only question, which came to my mind!

I’ve seen a few episodes of “Deadliest Catch” all I think is, How sick? I would be if I were on one of the boats. I don't have sea legs!

Ian
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
I’ve seen a few episodes of “Deadliest Catch” all I think is, How sick? I would be if I were on one of the boats. I don't have sea legs!Heh ... I own my own boat, Kevin, and I still feel that same way.

There's sea legs and then there's SEA LEGS!!

:sick:

amd780
12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
DH and I are impatiently waiting for the next season of Deadliest Catch! :D Ian, that's so cool that you got to meet Sig. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey: