PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store WDW Tickets

prshell
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I stopped by the Disney Store this weekend and they said that they sell park tickets and you get 20% discount on some of the DTD eateries and shopping. Has anyone gotten this? I was wondering if it would be better/cheaper to get the tickets at the DS then to go through one of the discounted ticket brokers. Any thoughts on that?

47 More Days!!!

cperry92380
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I've never heard of this and I've bought our tx through the DIsney Store twice before...

prshell
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I've bought them there before too, but they had a promotional sign up, so I went in to speak to a cast member, and that's when she said you would get 20% off at various DTD eateries and stores. I forgot to ask how long it's for.

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 06:14 AM
They give you a coupon book to use. It has things like 10% off Basin, 20% off Planet Hollywood, 10% off shopping at the big Disney store... why can't I think of the name of that place right now???

Anyway, the park tickets are the same price as purchasing on the Disney web site. The coupon book come with it.

I buy my grandkids tickets there so I can get 1 at a time during the year.

kakn7294
12-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Hmmm, I'm thinking of purchasing annual passes. I'll have to ask Frank, my friend at the local Disney Store, about that coupon booklet. Thanks!

cperry92380
12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Is this some sort of new promotion... or did I just get (twice!!) a lazy CM @ the Disney store who either didn't tell me about it... or didn't know...:confused:

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Is this some sort of new promotion... or did I just get (twice!!) a lazy CM @ the Disney store who either didn't tell me about it... or didn't know...:confused:

The CMs at the Disney stores ar both.... confused and some are lazy.
I went back and forth to Baton Rouge to pick up Disney Dollars for Christmas presents. I would call ahead to make sure they have them, ask them to hold some (and offer to pay on the phone) because I was driving over an hour to get there. When I would get there I was told oops... sorry, we have been out for days.

I bought tickets for my grandchildren and the store manager spent 30 minutes looking for the gift tin that goes with the tickets. I am not kidding... she asked me if I had more shopping to do while she looked. I went to 3 other stores and ate lunch and when I got back she was still looking. She said she would mail them to me and I am still waiting...

baby minnie's mommy
12-19-2007, 10:57 AM
It appears to be a new promotion. I just noticed the sign up this past Monday. It was out on their standing sign at the store entrance, and on the ticket display. Although I haven't checked out the ticket display much lately, the promotion sign out front for the 20% offer is new to me.

kakn7294
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I checked it out today - the promotion is new and for a limited time. The assistant manager of my local store told me it runs through the end of December only. I'm thinking that I might purchase one of our annual passes on my payday at the end of the month just to get the coupons.