PDA

View Full Version : Laundry on Board?

NewmanFamily6
12-16-2007, 09:16 AM
This is our first cruise coming up January 5th through the 12th. How much do we pack? Is there a place to do laundry on board the ship? We are very excited so thanks for your help:mickey:

DizneyRox
12-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, there are laundry facilities, however, there aren't nearly enough to accomodate everyone. So, either plan on missing some of the good shows or pack accordingly.

They also will do your laundry for you, but it's very expensive. If you thought the water at WDW was expensive, wait until you see the price list for on-board laundry services.

ElenitaB
12-16-2007, 11:20 AM
The ships have self-service laundry facilties on decks 2, 6 and 7. They're not huge at all but they'll get you out of a bind. They do sell detergent and such, so you don't have to pack those items; however, being a DVC member, I'm used to measuring out powdered detergent into baggies and grabbing some dryer sheets to include in our suitcase.

Since the rooms don't close (wish I could say the same about my laundry room in my apartment building, but I digress), you opt to do laundry during off hours. Not sure how small your kids are, but nap time would work, as would late at night or early in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise!

MonoMan
12-16-2007, 01:49 PM
When we went on the cruise the ship was only half full and it was extremely difficult to find an open washer and dryer. I would recommended trying to avoid having to do laundry on the ship if possible or pay the extra and have it done for you so you don't miss out on your vacation time.

DisneyDudet
12-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Since you are going about the same time we did this year, you will probably pack about half cold weather clothes, and half warm weather clothes. Depending on your weather, you may need to wash clothes, as we did. It was cool in Florida and our first day at sea, but hot and humid in St. Maarten and St. Thomas and those days at sea. It started and ended chilly at Castaway Cay and was mild in Florida at our return, so we used all our clothes!

My dad got up one morning during one of the days at sea and washed clothes. We had passed by the rooms at many times during the days and noticed that mornings before breakfast time during sea days were best, because you don't have to be up for excursions and such, so people tend to sleep a little longer. My dad is an early riser, so it worked out well. So, depending on what you do and what kind of person you are, you can do it in the mornings, which is what I would suggest.

Target sells little jugs of detergent and small boxes of dryer sheets in the travel section, so we just packed those in our check in bags to save money. It takes about two cycles in the dryer to get things dry, much like WDW machines!

Hope this helps!