PDA

View Full Version : Need Info About CBR!

beksy
12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Once again my plans have changed and I am now staying at the CBR in February. I don't really know anything about the resort, though, so I would appreciate any and all information you could give me. This is my first stay at a WDW resort, so if you could tell me especially about using the bus system, your opinions on which "islands" are best, the food there and anything else a newbie should know I would REALLY appreciate it! TIA :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-16-2007, 02:19 AM
I love CBR! If you click on my name and go to my "home page" I have a bunch of photos of CBR from when I stayed there.

If you are not staying "preferred" at CBR, I'd request Aruba or Jamaica. They are across the island from Old Port Royale, so they are not too far away. CBR is very spread out, but it's one of the things I like about it. It does not seem crowded, which is nice after a crowded park day.

The bus system at CBR is very straightforward. You go to the bus stop at your village when you want to go somewhere. You wait at the stop until a bus with your destination comes along. Every bus stops at each village as well as Old Port Royale. There is also an "internal" bus that only goes in a big circle at CBR. If you don't want to walk to the food court, you can catch this bus. If you are at a park and need to get back to CBR, you just wait at the CBR bus stop. They are clearly marked on both the directory at each park and over the bus stop.

CBR has a sit down restaurant (Shutters), a food court, as well as a little market (at the food court). There are a few stations at the food court that serve different types of food; but there is one central check out for all the stations. (The market section also has its own check out).

The gift shop is one of the bigger ones at a resort; definitely check it out. Another don't miss at this resort is to check out the beautiful grounds by simply walking around and enjoying the place. Take the time to meander through the nooks and crannies of your village and the island in the middle of the pond (Caribbean Cay). Make sure to lounge in one of the hammocks! Unfortunately, the main pool will be out of commission for rehab during your stay, but I hear they are adding slides to two of the village pools at that time.

Enjoy!

Pirate Granny
12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
I also love CBR...the hammocks are one of the reason I stay there...I love to walk around the lake (you can't swim in it) to get my tea in the morning and come back put my refillable mug in the sand and read my book or watch the clouds roll by from the hammock...it's so peaceful...you have to take a trip over to Trinidad South...it's like it's own island by itself which a beach, pool and LOTS of privacy. I also like bldg #11 in Barbados which is in the woods area and also very nice and it's close to the buss stop...
ENJOY your stay
:pirate:

JoDisney
12-16-2007, 02:20 PM
The dates they are closing the theme pool at CBR are from Jan. 7 to mid September 2008 for refurbishing. They are offering small, child-size slides at the pools located in the villages of Jamacia and Barbados.

crazeedizneefinatic
12-16-2007, 11:37 PM
I think you will love CBR. Our first stay there was Sept. 2007. I was a bit overwhelmed by the size but actually enjoyed it. We stayed in Jamiaca. It was lovely. The bus was a bit of a walk. I think we were in building #52. We had to walk a bunch of winding little paths, across a large parking lot to get to the bus shelter. So if simple easy bus access is your #1 priority ask to be close. Otherwise we LOVED our stay. You will enjoy the little sandy beaches with the hammocks. The food court and shopping area were also great. I would not worry to much about the big pool closure. I have a 7 year old son and thought he would go nuts over the pool area. He liked it but other than just swimming under the bridge you won't miss much. We actually spent more time at our "quiet" pool that was only a few steps from our room. I think you will also love the Carribbean Cay path that leads from one side of the resort to the food court/shopping. They pipe in Carribbean music and there are little nooks and crannys with hammocks. It was really cool. As for the bus system. We visited in September with free dining. We hardly saw a soul outside our room or walking the paths. The buses were not crowded at all, maybe 6-8 people waiting at a time. They have really nice sheltered bus stops with benches to wait. Very relaxing. ENJOY!

mouselover93
12-17-2007, 02:17 AM
just got back from staying at the cbr. its really nice theres 7 "islands". trinidad north & south. martinique. jamiaca. aruba ( were i stayed ). barbados. and old port royale ( main pool, resturants, arcade, shopping.) the resort is so big they have an internal resort shuttle. its confusing the 1st couple days but then you get used to it. the rooms are nice and spacious they have a curtain like with what you would see for a hotel room window separating the vanity area from the beds. behind the xurtain is the wall safe. next to the tv is the fridge is a little blue locker type thing. then there is a "couch" where i think it opened up but there were drawers on it. all-in-all it was really nice

Volunteer
12-18-2007, 01:03 AM
we stayed there in September and loved it, I think we were in Trinidad North (we were preferred, on the right side of OPR). I enjoyed every night going to the beach and laying on the hammock. i could see some fireworks shows as well. OPR was great as well, we got most of our shopping done there!

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Count me in as another CBR lover. We stayed there only once and if I ever stay at a moderate again that is the only place I would consider. (we are dvc owners now)
I loved the tropical theming. Since our favorite vacations have been in the caribbean and in Disney World it is getting the best of both worlds... go wear yourself out in DW during the day and go to the Caribbean in the evening to relax. Get a drink and sit by the water in the sand and you forget where you are.