PDA

View Full Version : Ways to surprise kids w/Disney trip on Christmas

Oline
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
We are thinking of ways to surprise our kids with trip to Disney. Has anyone done anything creative for their kids to open up on Christmas morning? Thanks for any help...

Jenemmy
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
We are surprising our kids on Christmas morning with a trip in early '08. I bought each of them a carry on size rolling suitcase. Debbie from Magical Journeys was kind enough to send me a Disney Brochure so I tucked that down in one of them and put a new Disney Planning Video in the other one. They are all intrigued by their large wrapped package and don't have a clue! Can't wait!!!

Itchy
12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
You might try and wrap one big package for all them to open and put disney items inside and information on the next trip. You could also wrap a small package for each with a clue in each one that when put together would tell them of the trip.:mickey: Happy Holidays

54 days and cant wait.:yay:

divinedi
12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Do you qualify for the Mickey call on Christmas morning that is listed at the top of the Accommodations site here on Intercot? That would be a great way to surprise them, I would think! Nothing like getting a call from Mickey himself telling them they are coming to see him soon! Good luck with the surprise!

RedheadWriter
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
OK, this might be a long shot.....
How about having a homemade DVD made that is wrapped from Santa. You could have a friend dress up as Santa and say "Ho Ho Ho, kids, you've been good boys/girls this year and I want to tell you that you shoudl pack you bags because you;re going to Walt Disney World!!!!!" and then have like It's a Small World song playing in the background or music from their fave Disney ride playing.
Just a thought and it makes a great keepsake of a magical Christmas and trip!
:blush:

Sunshine1010
12-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I've also wondered about a good way to surprise my child.

We're going Jan. 2.

Last vacation, we told our son (this wasn't during Christmas time) that my husband needed to go on a business trip and we had to take him to the airport (1 1/2 hours away). We get out and walk him to the security line. My son was wondering when we were going to have to get out of the line.

See....we originally planned on telling him at the gate when we boarded the plane, but we forgot that no one else is allowed to go through security, so my plan was foiled by then.

Anyhow, we also were scared that the security person would ruin it since they always ask your name, where you are going, etc.

Sooooo, we told him in line. He was VERY surprised and happy.

Soooooooooooooooo, I am also looking for a better way to tell him. I'm questioning whether I should do the 'surprise Christmas present' thing, because I wonder if he'll just shrug it off and play with other toys (I NEED to see happiness....he he).

Other suggestions would be wonderful.

ginger19
12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Last year I cut these :mickey: out of paper and made a trail from my kids' bedrooms, down the stairs and to the tree. On the tree there was a letter from santa on disney letterhead (you can get the letter head on the disney website) with the details. I also had custom maps on the tree with our ME tags. They were beside themselves :thumbsup:

GoofysGirl
12-18-2007, 09:59 AM
We did a scavenger hunt with our kiddos one Christmas. It wasn't for a WDW trip, but for a trampoline. They found the first clue in their stockings & then raced around the house & eventually were led outside to find it. They loved it & still remember how fun it was. I printed the clues on the computer on different colored paper & added stickers to make it look different. Have fun!!

princessjojo
12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
One of my sisters & I are taking my youngest sister with us in June and she doesn't know it yet. She knows we're going but that's all. We decided that we would give her the trip as part of her christmas present, so I found some ears at a Disney Store and applied spray adheasive the ears themself then coated them with black glitter. Then I "bedazzled" her name on the back with small stones. We're putting them in a with a Mickey & Minnie and a note that says, "Pack your bags, you're coming with us!" I think I'm the most excited about the whole thing. I am not good at keeping surprises a secret because I get so excited about them.

tomorrowschild
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
When we were little our mom and dad included our trip in with our Santa gifts. My dad had typed out a note with a special message from Mickey Mouse. It was in a special envelope with the address (the whole thing stamp and all). We each opened ours- inside was the note from Mickey - saying that he cant wait to see us on the date. It was so cool. We thought it was the greatest Chrsistmas gift ever. :mickey:

DawsonAR
12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
We were there in November (business trip without kids) and we bought a book and had Mickey sign it with a personal invite to my son. We are leaving January 1st. We will give him the book when he wakes up on New Years Day!

*BJTDancer2*
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
You can pack their suitcase and wrap then. You can tell them that they are going on a trip, but wait until you land to them its Disney.

bshaw96
12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
We did something similar with our last trip over the summer. Picked the kids up from school (last day) and told them we were going to the beach (a frequent occurence, so they weren't that excited). Got to the airport and told them we must have taken a wrong turn (they're still young and gullable). Didn't tell them until we were in the boarding line.

It was fun and they were excited, but looking back, I think it would have been more fun if we'd told them in advance and let them "plan" with us. Half the excitement is looking forward to it and planning. Great Christmas present by the way. I'd like to go next Christmas/New Year's! Thanks for the idea!

KAT1811
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Personally I'd get a big box and fill it with all things Disney, autograph books for each of them, disposable cameras, brochures, sunscreen, guide books, planning DVD, stuffed characters, towels, Disney frames, maybe personalized Disney t-shirts with your trip and/or family name on them, and then at the very bottom of the box a letter with a Disney theme telling them the details of the trip. I'm SO jealous!!! No matter how you tell them they will be SO excited!!!

Hair_Razor
12-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Every gift I got for my son was Disney related and he was curious and a little questioning and his final gift was a big box with the letter inside saying You're going to Disney. His face was priceless! This time around we told the kids in advance since this will be his second trip he is helping decide what we will do and pick out his favourite place to eat. This will be my DD's first trip she will be 4 in Feb., we cant' wait. Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Tigger&Stitch
01-12-2008, 02:49 AM
What did you end up doing?!? :mickey: