PDA

View Full Version : OK I booked. What do I need to know

SgtTigger
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
OK I booked. What do I need to Know????

We are going on June 1st for a 4 day cruise. We have a Cat 9 room on deck 2 Deluxe Oceanview room.
OK fill me in on the things I need to know and cant read about. What are the hidden things? This is our first Disney cruise and only our second cruise overall.
We got 6 months to get ready..... ALL help is appreciated.......

:cop: :tigger:

TheDuckRocks
12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
What a great Christmas gift!
We're going on Jan. 20 for our first ever cruise.:donald:
I'll try to remember all the "Wow, I didn't know that" things that happen to us and report back to you.

ElenitaB
12-16-2007, 11:45 AM
First of all, specially for you Bret... no bbq's on board! ;)

Be prepared to be as busy as you want or to rest as much as you want. There's lots to do.

:party: Don't miss the Sailaway Party, but be on Deck 10 for it.
:eat: Besides the pizza, burgers, panninis, etc., you can find on Deck 9, you can also get fresh fruit and soft-serve ice cream there
:pirate: Don't miss the Pirates In the Caribbean party! And leave room for the buffet (it looked great but we had no room left after dinner)
:drum: If you go see one show (try to catch all of them), make it Disney Dreams.
:eat: Try to eat at Palo one night.

I'll try to think of more things between now and then (and my memory will surely be refreshed in February). Others will come along with more tips.

SgtTigger
12-16-2007, 02:06 PM
First of all, specially for you Bret... no bbq's on board! ;)

OK...... but I do hear that the have a BBQ place on Castaway Cay............ Right?????? Maybe they will let me help.......:tikki:

Oh and by the way.... I am now hearing it from Sherrie because she wants to go in Feburary............. right around Mardi Gras.....:angry:

:rotfl:

Ed
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Don't miss the Sailaway Party, but be on Deck 10 for it.
:eat: Besides the pizza, burgers, panninis, etc., you can find on Deck 9, you can also get fresh fruit and soft-serve ice cream there
:pirate: Don't miss the Pirates In the Caribbean party! And leave room for the buffet (it looked great but we had no room left after dinner)
If you go see one show (try to catch all of them), make it Disney Dreams.
:eat: Try to eat at Palo one night.

OK...... but I do hear that the have a BBQ place on Castaway Cay............ Right?????? Maybe they will let me help.......
Oh and by the way.... I am now hearing it from Sherrie because she wants to go in Feburary............. right around Mardi Gras.....

Bret, Ellen hit on several of the high points, so I'll just add my :twocents: worth.

For the Sailaway Party, in addition to watching from the 10th deck, have a video camera ready and rolling when they do the countdown (almost exactly 5pm) so you can catch the sound of the ship's horn for posterity.

And don't "try" to eat at Palo. As they say at Nike, "JUST DO IT!" :thumbsup: You absolutely won't regret it! We've dined there three times (once on the Magic, twice on the Wonder), and we still rave about it. If you're taking the 4 night cruise, try to time it so you still hit the other three restaurants in the rotation.

And Ellen is absolutely right about the "Disney Dreams" show. It's our favorite.

Yes, there is a BBQ place on the island. But I somehow suspect they won't let you be the guest chef. They've probably gotten wind of your reputation, and I'm sure they will make all kinds of excuses why you can't.

As for the choice of June vs. February, I would tend to stick with June. We went snorkeling in Nassau this past January, and the water was pretty chilly. But for some unknown reason (Disney magic? :pixie:) the water at Castaway Cay was just right. Go figure!

:cool:

Maryutigger1
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
OK, now I'm getting REALLY jealous!!! I really want to go on a Disney Cruise one of these days. :cloud9: DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Jan. of 2009 and from what I've been researching on the web~we can't afford it:(.......Well, just have a
WONDERFUL time where ever you DO decide to eat.....Just eat EVERYWHERE!!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to tons of pic's.....

Take Care,
Maryutigger

SgtTigger
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Yes, there is a BBQ place on the island. But I somehow suspect they won't let you be the guest chef. They've probably gotten wind of your reputation, and I'm sure they will make all kinds of excuses why you can't.

Thanks Ed..... I did BBQ tonight and no fires...... It seems that stuff only happens when I get around the Friday parties.....

OK, now I'm getting REALLY jealous!!! I really want to go on a Disney Cruise one of these days. :cloud9: DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary in Jan. of 2009 and from what I've been researching on the web~we can't afford it
Looking forward to tons of pic's.....

Take Care,
Maryutigger

Not sure what the budget is but Sherrie found a 4 day cruise for $399 in Feb. Though that was cruise only.......
We too will be going right before our 15th anniversary. Don't worry I will have a ton of Pics........

DisneyDudet
12-20-2007, 02:34 AM
If you go to one restaurant in your rotation, make it Animator's Palette. Stay for the whole meal!

Def see Disney Dreams! It is the greatest!

If you want a meal rotation that has less children, and a little more adults, go for the second seating.

We had a Oceanview room on Deck 2. When I posted trip reports, I discussed the view. It is so fun watching the water from so close! The breaks in the waves are so amazing.

I didn't like Nassau very much. They tend to know that about Nassau, so they do have things to do on the ship. If you aren't looking to go to the island, this is the time to take in the pools with less crowds.

Look everywhere for a Hidden Mickey. They have them everywhere!

Def have something that can record the horn. If you have your camera or recorder ready, they do a countdown, so you will have time to turn it on, if you aren't wanting to record the whole sail away party. It is rather long, depending on the time you get there!

I don't know about on the Wonder, but the best view for the Fireworks on Pirate Night is on the Starboard side. You are closer to them! So very neat.

Get to Palo's and make sure you tell your waiter/waitress you want the chocolate souffle before dinner, so that it can be ready by dessert time.

Thats all I can come up with for now. I am sure I will have some more to add later!

pogo
12-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Brett.... good choice of Dates, as far as I'm concerned.

Patti and I did the Land & Sea for our honeymoon and it was so much fun we're considering going again this May. :mickey: In fact, I've got Karen at MJ working on it as we speak.

We were also Cat. 9 and the stateroom was perfect. :cloud9:

The best part of the cruise was Castaway Cay and you are going to stop there twice. I hear they are already putting baracades around the BBQ racks to keep you out. :thumbsup: Try snorkeling and find all the hidden Mickeys. You will love it.:yes:

At Nassau, take the family to Atlantis and tour the resort, aquarium and marina. I'm sure you will not be dissappointed. I'd stay away from the city tour. We did this and the driver was excellent but he stopped at every tee shirt shop along the way. Also, be prepared to hear the question, "braid yor hair" ? about a million times.

Palo is a special experience and should not be missed.

Sailaway Party is a must for the whole family complete with video camera. I recorded the whole thing and we watch it from time to time and enjoy.

I can't wait to read your trip reports. You are going to have the time of your life. :D