PDA

View Full Version : 50s Prime Time Cafe Closed or Not???

MickeyChick
12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I've seen it in a number of places that the Prime Time cafe is closed for refurbishment. I've spoken to THREE cast members now who swear it's not closed or closing, including a manager at the ADR line. They assured me that if they let me make a reservation, then the place is open.

Do I trust it? I'm not sure. It's certainly my first choice for TS in MGM but should I make an ADR for somewhere else just in case?

rkmemkc
12-15-2007, 11:36 PM
A coworker of my husband was just there Dec 9-Dec 12....they ate at Primetime and loved it! Hope this helps!

JerseyMouse
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
It is due to be closed for refurbishment from 1/20-2/2.

MickeyChick
12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, I have an ADR and a confirmation number for January 25th. I'm still tempted to make a second ADR for somewhere else that night and check up to the last minute. I'd hate to get there and find it closed and have nowhere else to go, as it's our first night there.

eeyoremom
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I just called to confirm my reservation at Prime Time for Jan. 27. I was told there was no problem and the cm was sure it would not be closed. We would really like to go there so I hope she's right. Does anyone know, do they let you know somehow if it is closed? Thanks

Deesdisney
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I have ADRs for Jan 26th and they tell me the same thing. I did not make res. anywhere else in hoping that this is true. However when I get down there I am going to call again. I have never been here and this has been on the wish list.

kaylamag
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I have an ADR for there on Feb 3rd, i was thinking about making an extra Adr someplace else incase the rehab ran long.

WishingStar2006
12-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Let me just share with you my experience on this very subject. Last summer we had ADR's for what was then the Teppanyaki Japanese Steak House. Originally it was scheduled to reopen in earlish August and our trip was late August so they booked my ADR. From being an Intercot junkie, I knew that there were delays in the rehab and that it would not be open during our trip. I called WDW-Dine and asked to change my ADR since the restuarant wouldn't be reopened by our trip. The CM insisted that it would be open and there was no need to change the ADR. Well, of course I believed the CM...the day we arrived in WDW, we received a message from a CM stating that the restuarant was not open and they wanted to switch me....but of course, by that time, there was nothing decent available.

My advice....make another ADR someplace else. Better to be safe than sorry!

Figment!
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
The refurbishment appears to have been canceled or at least postponed.

The latest update from Walt Disney World Operations no longer lists this refurbishment; accordingly, we have removed it from our constantly updated Rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section.