PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Daddy he had a stroke

Tinkerfreak
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone. My Dad had a stroke on Thursday night and I was hoping that you could all say a prayer for him. He has had heart trouble in the past and had gotten past all of that so the stroke was a real shock to all of us.
He is still in ICU and cannot talk too much. He has showed some signs of improvement today, he moved his arms and legs around and actually rolled himself onto his side. He seems to be sleeping better also.
When I went to see him yesterday morning he did not know who I was and I was just not expecting that. I stayed for a few hours then had to leave because I just had a hard time seeing him like that. When I went back last night he knew who I was and even though he can't speak to me he watched me walk into the room and I could just tell that he recognized me. He still has a blood clot on the right side of his brain and the medicines are not dissolving it just keeping it from getting bigger. We are still waiting for test results and stuff and we know that he will probably have a long road ahead of him. I know nothing about strokes but I am hoping that he keeps improving every day. He was such an active man into everything from hunting, fishing, snomobiling to four wheeling.
Pixie dust and prayers please!!

disneydeb
12-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Prayers on the way. I hope this finds him improving everyday.

Jeff
12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I will pray for your Dad, and for you.

AbeeNormal
12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
My heart and prayers are with you.

Here's some:pixie::pixie::pixie:for a speedy & complete recovery.

Stay with him & please know that even though they can't communicate they can usually hear and understand everything, so be mindful of what's said in front of him.:heart:

I learned that when my Grandmother had a stroke and it was hard for her to hear the sometimes negative comments said by doctor's & visitors, and please I mean this only as a bit of info from someone who has been there. :flower:

ElenitaB
12-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. He will be in our prayers.

Here's some :pixie: to get those medications working correctly soon and some more :pixie: for a full recovery!

pink
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'll pray for your family. Stay strong. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Lots of :pixie: on the way to your dad!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Lots of good thoughts for your Dad and your family.

:pixie:

daparish
12-15-2007, 06:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your dad and the rest of your family.

RedheadWriter
12-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I will light a candle and pray for your dad.

ChipnDaleGal
12-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Lots of :pixie: for him, and your whole family as you all recover from this.

Bethanymouse
12-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your dad's stroke. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Please keep us updated.

SBETigg
12-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking of you and your dad. I hope his condition is improving. :pixie:

MsMin
12-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Sending extra :pixie: prayers for him. My dad has had 3 strokes in the cerebellum that affects his balance and gait, his right hemisphere that has effected his personality and his left hemisphere that has left him with wernike's aphasia, a language disorder affecting his ability to find and use the correct word when speaking. It was a clot in the watershed area that typically results in a language disorder when damage results. I know how hard it is to watch a loved one struggle.
My dad did recover fairly well and only has language problems when excited or nervous. I believe they said a large portion of the recovery is in the first 2 weeks. :pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Prayers and Pixie dust for a speedy recovery for your dad. My father had a few small strokes and he bounced back pretty well.

Here we go again...
12-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Prayers and :pixie: on the way.
I am finding that the power of prayer on this board is amazing. Do not give up hope.

Hayden's Dad
12-17-2007, 09:20 AM
prayers and pixie dust. I am so sorry about your father. :pixie::pixie:

faline
12-17-2007, 09:39 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Sounds like he has already shown some significant improvements. I hope his recovery continues!

NJBelle
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
More prayers coming your way! I'm so sorry this has happened. I'll be praying for both you and your dad at this time.

Tinkerfreak
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all of your prayers. Dad is doing better. He still can't speak but he is able to finally eat some amounts of purreed food. He does understand you and we are very careful what we say in front of him. The hardest part for me is when he is trying to tell you something or he needs something and he can't tell you. I am so worried that he may be in pain or something and we don't know it. He can nod his head yes or no now so that is good. I just ask him questions and he nods yes or shakes his head no.
They are moving him to a rehabilitation center today so he can start the physical therapy. The doctors seem very hopeful that he can learn to talk again and that he will gain better use of his right arm and leg with therapy.
I am so glad that he is going to be ok and that my kids still have there grampa.
He will be in for a long hard recovery but he has lots and lots of love and support.

Here we go again...
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I am glad to hear that he doing at least a little better. Stay strong, he is going to need you. And remember, when he gets mad and frustrated it is not at you... he is frustrated with himself.
We will keep him in our prayers.

CaptJackSparrow
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear your Dad's had some improvement. Our thoughts and prayers are with you :pixie:

mickey&missy
12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Lots of :pixie: and prayers for your dad. I hope he recovers quickly.

merlinmagic4
12-19-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm sorry about your dad but was glad to hear he is doing a little better. :pixie: for you and your whole family. Keep us updated!

Tinkerfreak
01-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Just thought I would give you an update. Dad is still in the hospital. they have moved him to a hospital that specializes in Physical Therapy. He did get pnuemonia but has recovered from that and had his last round of anibiotics yesterday. He still can't move his right side or speak but his overall appearance seems better and he seems much more focused. He has been working really hard on his PT and they say if he keeps giving it 110% they think he will gain back some of his speach and mobility on his right side. They have been able to get him into a wheel chair for the first time a few days ago and he has been doing good at sitting up on his own. He has made friends with another patient who also had a stroke and this wonderful man has been a constant source of encouragement and inspiration for my Dad. He keeps telling him that if he can do it so can my Dad. The therapists keep pairing them up together because he is really helping my Dad.
Thanks again for all of your prayers.

SBETigg
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update. More prayers and best wishes to you all, especially to your dad.

DizNee143
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
sorry to hear about the pnuemonia..but glad that is done and over with..
so glad to hear he is doing good with his therapy...and glad to know he made a buddy!!
i hope he continues to get better!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I am glad that he is doing a bit better, I am keeping your family in my prayers, please keep us posted.:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I am glad to hear your dad is doing better. Here's an extra bit of :pixie: to wish a continued recovery!

mrsgaribaldi
01-06-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for his speedy recovery.