PDA

View Full Version : Best french onion soup?

CleveSJM
12-15-2007, 12:51 PM
My wife loves a good crock of french onion soup. :cloud9:

Any recommendations? :eat:

artyboy
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I've had a very nice french onion soup at Chefs de France...

MissStyles
12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd always wanted French onion soup so I tried it at Le Chefs de France back in October and it was EXCELLENT. It was really rich and I could only finish half, but if your wife loves the soup then I think she'll be very pleased here.

MickeyMousse
12-16-2007, 10:02 AM
The Galley at the Yacht Club had wonderful onion soup....not sure if they offer it anymore but worth checking into! :thumbsup:

jakeybake
12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Definitely Chef de France. Top shelf.

I have also had it at the Yacht Club Galley and it was very good there as well.

JPL
12-18-2007, 10:42 AM
LeCellier use to have some great French Onion Soup but it has been removed from the menu :(

I also had some really good Onion Soup at the Concourse Steakhouse which will also be history soon :(

Is this some kind of Conspiracy :confused:

Sinewiz
12-20-2007, 11:09 AM
LeCellier use to have some great French Onion Soup but it has been removed from the menu :(

I also had some really good Onion Soup at the Concourse Steakhouse which will also be history soon :(

Is this some kind of Conspiracy :confused:

I hadn't heard that! I was just about to recommend LeCellier. It was always known for it's french onion soup. I can't imagine why they would remove it from their menu??

JPL
12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I hadn't heard that! I was just about to recommend LeCellier. It was always known for it's french onion soup. I can't imagine why they would remove it from their menu??

I discovered this in October during lunch and even asked if it was only a lunch thing or was it gone from dinner as well and the said yes it's goen from dinner too:( I said is this a seasonal omission and they said no it has been removed from the menu.

DebK
12-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Definitely Chefs de France.....:thumbsup: