PDA

View Full Version : Renting golf cart at FW

stephntampa
12-15-2007, 09:47 AM
We're leaving Monday for our first ever stay at WL, and would like to rent a golf cart. I know you rent them at the Bike Barn at FW, but how do I get from WL to FW (walking distance?) Can you drive the golf carts back and forth between WL and FW? Please, I need all the details! :mickey:

MartyS
12-15-2007, 10:29 AM
There is a road and a hiking path connecting WL and FW. You can walk, but taking a boat is much faster. I am pretty sure that the golf carts have to stay at Fort Wilderness, and can not be driven to WL. If you don't already have a res. for a golf cart, you likely won't be able to rent one anyway, as they are almost always rented out. If you are staying at WL, you won't need one anyway, WL is an awesome resort, have a great time!!

ibrowse17
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
The carts are for use at FW, not WL. They will not allow the carts to leave Fort Wilderness, so unless you plan to spend a day at FW, it would not be worth it to rent one. They are a lot of fun to have if you are staying at FW, and give you a great deal of freedom to explore the campground.

Figaro
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, Golf cars MUST stay at FW. It's in the rental contract, as well. Transportation options available at WL are Bus, Boat, and Walking. WL is small enough you don't need a cart, either.

stephntampa
12-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the replies. I actually was able to book one for Tuesday the 18th. We want to cruise the campsites to check out the decorations. (Did anyone else see the HGTV show with Samantha Brown?) I was told we can park the cart by the marina and take a boat to WL. :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
12-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I have always returned the cart back to the bike barn, so you might want to check on that:thumbsup:

Figaro
12-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. I actually was able to book one for Tuesday the 18th. We want to cruise the campsites to check out the decorations. (Did anyone else see the HGTV show with Samantha Brown?) I was told we can park the cart by the marina and take a boat to WL. :thumbsup:

There is parking at the Marina where you can park your cart while exploring down there or taking the boat. :thumbsup:

tys_mommy
03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
There is parking at the Marina where you can park your cart while exploring down there or taking the boat. :thumbsup:

How much parking is there? Can you leave your cart all day if you plan to take the ferry over to MK? Anyone ever had a problem with someone taking their cart by mistake (or do they only have keys that fit each cart like a car)?

Gee Wally
03-07-2008, 04:39 PM
How much parking is there? Can you leave your cart all day if you plan to take the ferry over to MK? Anyone ever had a problem with someone taking their cart by mistake (or do they only have keys that fit each cart like a car)?

We never had a problem. Leave the cart parked there all day. You have a key. I'd suggest leaving a small towel on the floorboard. Sometimes a passing shower can get the seats wet. A quick wipe and off you go.

But we found having the cart was perfect for our family of 5.