PDA

View Full Version : my dream...

Mickeydream
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
On our recent trip to WDW, I mentioned that I would like to live above the railroad station at the main entrance at MK. :train: The chug chug of the train would be a comfort knowing that it brings such joy to people. Out one side I would be able to look down Main Street and see the festivities of parades, trolleys, character greetings, and fireworks. Out the other side I would look out past the monorail to the lake with the ferries carrying people to and fro.

What a wonderful thing to watch the excited faces of visitors arriving in anticipation of a magical day. There will be ittle ones waiting to see Mickey and families ready to climb up the tree of Swiss Family Robinson.

Because I enjoy my hands in the dirt, my job will be as a CM gardener; one of many that keep MK looking so wonderful. My part time hours are at night after the park closes of course, which will be fine with me. During the day, as a daytime part time CM, my job will be to distribute magical moments to lucky families.

My DD and 2 GDD's decided that their choice would be to live above the ice cream shop. With Casey's on one corner and the MS Bakery just down aways, they thought this would be heaven. :cloud9: They too would have a great view of the castle and fireworks, but could also see the Walt and Mickey statue and into Tomorrowland.

When the mention of school came up, my GDD11 said that she had that all covered. She would go to AK M-F to the Harambe School (a few benches around a blackboard and a map of Africa in the Harambe section of Africa) with field trips to Future World, The World Showcase, the Hall of Presidents and the Boneyard.

We had fun with our little fantasy. After all, without imagination there would be no Mickey Mouse.

Jenemmy
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
My DD and 2 GDD's decided that their choice would be to live above the ice cream shop. With Casey's on one corner and the MS Bakery just down aways, they thought this would be heaven. :cloud9: They too would have a great view of the castle and fireworks, but could also see the Walt and Mickey statue and into Tomorrowland.

ACK!! Your kiddos took my apartment! :D For as long as I can remember, I have referred to the unit above the Ice Cream Shop as "my" apartment......Love that nice big veranda, looking at the castle and the heart of Main Street <sigh> -- I'll share it with them :mickey:

Jasper
12-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Both of your spots are great but I have always wanted to live in the highest tower of the castle! From that vantage point you would not only be able to see the sights you mentioned but also everything else at the Magic Kingdom and I suspect a good way out to the rest of the Disney property.

Mickeydream
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Jen, they'd be more than willing to come up with some sort of comprimise. Like maybe every other month or so they could stay with me at the railroad station while your family is there. :mickey: